LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Picky Eaters?

Foods/Pickiness  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself a "picky eater"?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • Slightly/Sort Of
    • Only when I'm in a baby mode.
  2. 2. What kinds of things are you picky over, if anything?

• Grains (Breads, Rice, Cereals, etc)
    • Fruits
    • Vegetables
    • Meat/Protein Group (Meats - includes seafood, Nuts, etc)
    • Dairy
    • Soy
    • Sweets
    • Certain Meals/Something else (Please share)
    • I'm only picky with *insert food(s) here* when I'm in a baby mode
    • I said I don't consider myself picky at all.
  3. 3. What do you feel has a part in your pickiness?

• Taste Buds
    • Being forced to eat *insert food here* or eat when you weren't hungry as a chronological child
    • Not being given much variety in foods as a chronological child
    • Said food is connected to a bad memory, and eating said food triggers that memory
    • Something else (Please share)
    • I'm not truly picky, I just act or feel that way when I'm in a baby mode.
    • I said I don't consider myself picky at all.

How many of us are picky eaters? I know I get that way sometimes...I have days where I crave just one or two foods and really don't feel like eating anything else. Sometimes these cravings last for days O.o Daddy helps me balance my diet when I get those cravings, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same?

~ moogle

I am a very picky eater. When I was kid I always got grill cheese and fries off of the kids menu at most places we ate at. I do not like hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, steak, the only meat I eat is like tacos, chili, spaghetti. I do not eat salad and I eat the tacos without lettuce. I do like bacon but don't eat it that much. the only veggies I like is green beans, corn, and potatoes(french fries). Only seafood I eat is fried flounder and the fish you get at Capt. D's or Long John's Silver.

Guest YkDave

Im not too picky, their are a few things i wont go near, but usually if its infront of me i will eat it :)

I used to be pretty picky when i was younger though, pretty much exactly like babyfett, i stuck to a few simple things and that was all i wanted!

Guest Baby Tiana

I am an incredibly picky eater. Not sure why any one puts up with it. I dont like meat but am forced to eat it. I hate the taste. So it has to be covered with some thing that has flavor to mask the taste of the dead animal. I like salads. I really only eat them. I only like wonder bread and nothing else. Although I like sour dough. I only eat dryers ice cream and it has to be chocolate or cookies and cream or a coffee flavor. I only like the chocolate that covers a musketeers bar. I hate the marshmallow. I will only eat marshmallows if its on hot coco or s'mores. I am very very picky. You would think I should be dead cause i so picky and can't find many things i like.

Added a poll, and here are my answers:

Do you consider yourself a "picky eater"?

Sort of. There are a handful of things I WILL NOT eat. There are other foods I like, but only if they're made a certain way. I also have "preferred" ways of eating food, where I prefer it one way, but if I can't have it that way it's not too big of a deal. My biggest "oddity" in pickiness are the one/two types of food days as I mentioned earlier - these can last or days, sometimes even a week or more...Usually seems to happen with pizza, chicken, and macaroni and cheese the most.

What kinds of things are you picky over, if anything?

Grains (Breads, Rice, Cereals, etc) - I prefer my sandwiches/bread sliced into 4 triangles or 4 squares, or at least into halves - preferably diagonally cut.

Fruits - I'm not fond of honeydew. Cantaloupe is good, but cantaloupe and strawberries don't go together. I really dislike strawberries with sugar on them - whipped cream is nicer.

Vegetables - I HATE raw and stewed tomatoes. They make me gag. The same with green pepper. Red, yellow, and orange pepper aren't as bad as green, but I don't like them. I can't see, touch, or eat creamed corn. It's worse than tomatoes. I'll eat mushrooms raw, but I prefer them on pizza. I prefer broccoli raw. If it's cooked, I have to have spices or sauce on it to really be able to enjoy it. Same with spinach.

Meat/Protein Group - I will NOT prepare or eat meats that still have an indication of that the animal was once alive attached (besides shrimp tails or bones). This includes organs, eyes, whole bodies (for example, I can't eat a whole lobster), etc. I do my best to stay away from red meats. I dislike salted nuts...they're too salty.

Dairy - Blue cheese...yeech. Too much butter makes me gag.

Soy - I only eat tofu if it's prepared in a way meat is (in a stir fry for example). I dislike regular soy milk.

Sweets - Glazed donuts with too much glaze are gross. Same with syrups - I HATE lots of syrup. Syrup is there to compliment the taste of the food, not drown it out.

Certain Meals/Something else - Condiments (Includes syrup, butter, mayo, mustard, ketchup, tomato sauce, etc) too much is horrible.

What do you feel has a part in your pickiness?

Taste buds, being forced to eat as a chronological child, bad memory connections.

~ moogle

Well, I thought I was picky until I read moogle's reply! It depends on my mood and what I'm hungry for. I'm not opposed to trying new foods if its something that I think would sound good or interesting.There's just some foods I know I don't like and won't eat anything that has them on it like:

Raw onions

Mushrooms

Peas

Beans

Probably more but it was just an example. I love Bloomin' Onions and Onion Rings though, go figure.

I was going to say I'm not picky at all...but then I'm very picky about vegetables...I'll eat stuff to be polite if I'm at someone's house, but there are lot's of veggies I just won't eat. It's funny, cause my daughter won't eat cooked carrots and I don't like raw. I don't mind uncooked spinach (in a salad) but won't eat it cooked. Don't even think of giving me asparagus.

I'm not crazy about Lamb and NO LIVER at all (blech!!)

Soy, tofu...all that kind of thing?? NO WAY!!!

I guess mostly I like the foods that aren't good for me...

diaperpt

I am a very picky eater, people have given up trying to feed me when I go anyplace food is served, I eat the same things everday of the week, same breakfast lunch and supper.

I love the things I eat and I will not substitute anything, I had a weight problem when I was younger, now I no longer have a weight problem and I'm very happy at my present weight and plan to stay just at or slightly below that weight, I weigh 105 lbs. and I love it.

I also hate for my food to mix on the plate. So I use separate bowls or plates with dividers.

My nephew dose the same thing, we always bust him about it, some folks just don't like food touching.

Besides not eating meat (due to being a vegetarian), there's certain dairy products I refuse to eat or drink. No plain milk (yuck), and none of some kinds of cheese. As well, I can't cope with the taste of some salad dressings, and don't even let me smell mayo on or in something... gag.

I'm also apprehensive about eating some foods as leftovers, again due to taste/smell issues.

i am not at all picky over real food but i refuse to eat anything with more than 80%shugar in it cause it is bad for my teeth and has virtualy no nutritional benifits any how.

I was thinking more about this topic and I have another question:

To the caregivers of the board - how do you get babies to eat stuff that they don't like or get them to eat healthily if they don't already?

~ moogle

I'm not too picky, I'll try most things but I still cant stand sprouts and there are days when I wont want to eat string beans either, as for the rest its down to pallete really, too much sugar makes me feel sick, I cant eat much white chocolate without it causing heartburn, cant stomach fake cream (the type used in cheap doughnuts / cakes)

Due to allergies I have to double and tripple check most colorful foods for colorings and E numbers, as well as high levels of citrus or else I find myself spending the day in a dark room with a migrane and a damp washcloth over my eyes

daddy says i'm a picky eater, i just say i'm "easy to please"

but i have sensory integration issues and pretty bad OCD, so a lot of my 'pickiness' is neurological and for the most part, beyond my control..

So many people around that can't stand foods on a plate touching/mixing... I kind of like it. The tastes you can get that way are actually kind of exciting from a sensory standpoint, and prompt me to cook something using that mixture down the line.

Mac-n-cheese + barbecue sauce from something grilled = Taste win.

I'm a weird and picky eater.

I hate strawberries but LOVE strawberry jam.

I hate apple pie, but LOVE apples.

Can't stand a raw carrot, but give me a can of cooked carrots and I'll eat the whole thing.

I love the flavor of onions and peppers but hate the taste of them. (the crunch freaks me out)

I really only like cooked carrots, corn, peas, banannas, and apples as far as fruits/veggies go. And only instant potatoes I hate the real ones though I like baked potatoes?

I enjoy most breads and rice, except for fried rice.

I like most red meat and only a handful of seafood like shrimp and crab. I do like fish but only with a certain sauce that unfortunately is no longer made.

As far as dairy: I love 2% milk and hate all others. I like most cheese but blue cheese grosses me out!

Soy: not my cup of tea

Sweets: I really only like chocolate and not much other sweets. I hate german chocolate though.

And I absolutely HATE my food to touch. Only exception is when I'm in the mood for mashed potatoes and peas. That's a good combo I can eat together.

I think that's it for now LOL

Guest NaughtyAshes

Picky eaters annoy me. I've seriously unfriended people because they special order at restaurants.

I consider it extremely disrespectful. They aren't your mother.