LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sham Wow Diaper?

They're not nearly as absorbant as they say they are. I happened to have some around the house, and after reading this post I tried peeing on them a bit (sometimes I wonder if I'm a teensy bit *odd*...), and it failed miserably. Dripped a lot.

As far as a household product goes, it's not that great, either. Makes hand-drying a car a bit easier, but that's where it ends.

They absorb a lot but it takes time to absorb

like with a spill you need to let it soak in slowly..

maybe use it as a second cloth diaper.. or maybe wear more than one shamwow.

are they comfy as diapers at least?

Guest neo52450

A Sham Wow is just an automotive shammy. We use these all them time to dry off cars cause they don't scratch the paint. I mean really fine scratches that you can't see. I detail high end cars at a dealership.

i thought the same thing when i first saw the commercial and tried it out. i used 4 layers of the stuff under a cloth diaper and plastic pants.

shamwows are basically... flat sponges. sure, they soak up a lot but the second you apply any pressure to the cloth it forces all the water out. i discovered this when i decided to flood the shamwows while standing. after about 30 seconds my skin felt dry and i had no leaks. i thought i had discovered the DLs dream! but after enjoying myself for a while i decided to plop down and surf the internet. the second my butt hit the chair all bets were off. all of the pee the shamwows had been holding gushed out and i was left sitting in a puddle of my own piss, like i was using just a pair of plastic pants and the single cloth diaper.

so while they could make an entertaining stuffer, i wouldn't recommend investing in them for any serious use.

• 3 weeks later...

How about a diaper with insta-snow?

Imagine how much your diapers would bulge when you wet them!

what is insta-snow?

hmm.. never mind.. found it on the web..

THIS KIT CONTAINS THIS CHEMICAL:

SODIUM POLYARCYLATE (INSTA-SNOW)

This product is not considered to be a health risk. Sodium polyacrylate is the superabsorbent material used in disposable baby diapers.

hmm... ok.. ordering a 1lb bag tomorrow.. heheh

They're not nearly as absorbant as they say they are. I happened to have some around the house, and after reading this post I tried peeing on them a bit (sometimes I wonder if I'm a teensy bit *odd*...), and it failed miserably. Dripped a lot.

As far as a household product goes, it's not that great, either. Makes hand-drying a car a bit easier, but that's where it ends.

Hmmm.. wouldn't it have worked the same way if you had just tested it with some water, instead of actually peeing on one.. afterall urine is mostly just water :D:P

i thought the same thing when i first saw the commercial and tried it out. i used 4 layers of the stuff under a cloth diaper and plastic pants.

shamwows are basically... flat sponges.

when i decided to flood the shamwows while standing. after about 30 seconds my skin felt dry and i had no leaks. i thought i had discovered the DLs dream! but after enjoying myself for a while i decided to plop down and surf the internet. the second my butt hit the chair all bets were off. all of the pee the shamwows had been holding gushed out and i was left sitting in a puddle of my own piss, like i was using just a pair of plastic pants and the single cloth diaper.

Oh wooow, so you say they are sponges, that even act like sponges.. how amazing can a sponge ever be?? I definately must have one now!

Hmmm.. wouldn't it have worked the same way if you had just tested it with some water, instead of actually peeing on one.. afterall urine is mostly just water :D:P

I know it can soak up still liquids. I wanted to see how it would react to the actual force of urination when next to the skin, if it'd instantly absorb or bead off the surface. It was a bit of both, but I didn't construct a full diaper out of it, just a test. It's a rather uncomfortable fabric, in my opinion.