LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Diaper To Buy

Hi Legend, Unfortunately I am no longer new to disposable diapers. When I moved from home to a university dorm in 1981 I had to transition from pinned gauze to Attends disposable. Back then all disposables had a poly-plastic outer layer and sticky tapes, 2 per side on adult diapers.

From what you asked I focus on you wanting a discreet quiet disposable that is easy to put on by yourself. Since you did not post in Lifestyles but in DL, I assume your early diaper choices do not need to be babyish.

Sure, there are ways to reduce the crinkle noise of poly-plastic disposables. These days the plastic is softer, thinner and a bit more quiet than way back. Still, the newer cloth-like outer layers are significantly quieter than easy to buy in stores plastic diapers.

For you another advantage to cloth-like is almost all of those adult diapers have repositionable Velcro tabs instead of sticky tapes. Anticipate the Velcro does not always fasten as securely as quality sticky tapes. However, because you can reposition the tabs without harming the diaper, you can experiment with position until you learn how best to shape the diaper for your own body.

Diaper Wisdom: The best diaper for you is the diaper that fits you best.

Walking into most stores you will have a choice of Depend and store brands. Hardly ever will you find Attends. Few stores stock the complete line of Depend, and often not even every size. Carefully read the package information. Although more like a GoodNites pull-up than conventional tape-on diaper, as a start you might try the Depend Adjustable, available in Small/Medium and Large/Extra Large. These are a pull-up with adjustment tabs, so you can make them snug. They leak less when you are active, but they have proven a really good introduction to adult disposables to thousands of incontinent people and many of my newer DL pals.

Once you gain confidence and experience getting the first tab in correct position without repositioning, you might want to invest in a bag of poly-plastic diapers in your size, selecting larger if in doubt. Especially with store brands often you only get one try at positioning sticky tapes. However, in bed when being quiet is not as important, the advantage to poly-plastic is it slides on bedding and does not cling. It is the cling of cloth-like that pulls the gaps which leak.

Depending on what you care to do once wearing a wet disposable, you might well prefer classic poly-plastic diapers. Just remember it takes practice to put them on all by yourself. This is why I suggest the cloth-like as a starter or "Trainer" diaper.

Best wishes and happy diapering! Angela

Im new to the whole disposable diaper thing, and was wondering what was a good diaper that was quiet.

Hi, KSDL. Like a lot of people here, I have tried just about every diaper out there, and Angela is absolutely right about fit being the most important thing, both for leakage protection and for feel. A diaper that fits your body is like a hug where you want it most. ;-)

But I can say that for discretion, nothing I've found beats the Tena Ultra Stretch diaper. http://www.hdis.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1972

Since you're new to this, I'm betting you're a young person, which means that the last disposable diapers you wore probably had a cloth-like outer shell, with stretch panels and Velcro tabs. These are the adult version of that design, and work faily well. They're far from a super diaper (Abena, Molicare, Bambino, etc.) but they're a good diaper that absolutely no one will hear or see under clothes. I"ve also learned that although there is no indication anywhere on the Internet, HDIS also sells this same design in the Super absorbancy. It's going to be thicker, especially in the crotch, but it's the same design.

You've got some experimentation to do, but I think this is a good place to start. If you don't have to buy locally. and you have the luxury of buying over the Internet, get some samples of these Tenas. I think you'll like them.

-RMS

Hi, KSDL. Like a lot of people here, I have tried just about every diaper out there, and Angela is absolutely right about fit being the most important thing, both for leakage protection and for feel. A diaper that fits your body is like a hug where you want it most. ;-)

But I can say that for discretion, nothing I've found beats the Tena Ultra Stretch diaper. http://www.hdis.com/itemdetail.asp?id=1972

Since you're new to this, I'm betting you're a young person, which means that the last disposable diapers you wore probably had a cloth-like outer shell, with stretch panels and Velcro tabs. These are the adult version of that design, and work faily well. They're far from a super diaper (Abena, Molicare, Bambino, etc.) but they're a good diaper that absolutely no one will hear or see under clothes. I"ve also learned that although there is no indication anywhere on the Internet, HDIS also sells this same design in the Super absorbancy. It's going to be thicker, especially in the crotch, but it's the same design.

You've got some experimentation to do, but I think this is a good place to start. If you don't have to buy locally. and you have the luxury of buying over the Internet, get some samples of these Tenas. I think you'll like them.

-RMS

thanks for the info, and i am looking for a actual diaper that is discreet. like the attends.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

Attends w/ the cloth like cover aren't bad as far a being discreet. I seem to have problems with any diaper with a cloth like cover wicking the wetness from the inside of the diaper. Maybe that's just me. I think that plastic pants really cut down on the noise. Also, wearing underwear over your diapers when you are out helps cut down on noise. With that said, you should experiment with as many diapers as you can. I like Bambino Biancos, Abena X-Pluses, and Secure X-pluses.

okay this is easy. Try the following three

1.) Tranquility ATN

2.) Atends fitted briefs- be careful, not great quality on the tapes

3.) Abriform Super X plus- have to order online but they are fun and can hold the hoover dam

There are others, tena aren't bad but paper like backing ruins the whole feel imho. Don't floodem wither otherwise clean sheets a coming.

I must say the Tena's are definitely the quietest diapers I have ever worn, though I am not a big fan because the didn't seem very absorbent to me. Right now I am wearing the noisiest diapers I have ever had, the Tranquility slimlines :)

Guest dl_aslee

So ya the first thing is you are not the center of attention and everyone is not looking at your ass to figure out if you are wearing. Even friends are to busy with other things, the only problem arises is with an intimate partner. Also just wear pants that hide them, just try on you pants and you will be able to look at your own ass and see which ones hide them best, then just wear those pants. I find it actually easier to not worry about my diaper if I am wearing a thick diaper that I know won't leak on me as long as I change it in a reasonable amount of time. Really leaks are the only thing you need to worry about people seeing, don't worry about the diaper bulge.

Ya so with that said I think the consensus is the absolute best diapers are the Abena X-plus, so I would say try them first, if you are on the cusp of sizes get the smaller size. Keep in mind though for some people such as my self the fit doesn't work and so unless they fit good on you they will leak even if they are no were near capacity. Then I would say try in whatever order you feel like the Molicare Super Plus, Bambino/Secure X-plus (they are the same except for the design on the outside), Dry Care 24/7, Tranquility ATN, then if you can afford it try some of the Attends or Tena made in Europe, don't even bother with the US Tena, they really aren't that much better then store brands. The Attends from the US will take only one good wettng, so you will need to change more.

Next thing is I don't personally want to risk having it delivered to my house. Which just takes a little leg work, but is easily done without getting any sort of po box or ups mailbox or such. The first thing you need to do is find out what carrier it will be shipped. Once you know look up on their website the closest "Shipping Facility" to you. So for each of these you just put their address as the shipping address.

So for UPS they will hold any package if it is being shipped via UPS, along with if you call a UPS store near you can ask them if they they will hold packages from other carriers for a small fee. They are individually owned, so you need to call.

For Fedex they only hold Express packages, if it is an express you just click their hold for check box when searching for locations. If it is being shipped ground they will not hold it, but if you call the UPS Stores in your area one of them may accept packages from other carriers.

I'm not sure how USPS decides which locations will hold or as they call it general delivery, but at my post office they do hold any packages sent via USPS if you put your name and their address as the Shipping Address.

So it is that easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently tried about 8 different diapers to find what would be quiet. I ended up not liking any of them. However, not because of the noise factor. I found I couldn't wear a diaper more than six hours without some additional support. I found that wearing a pair of boxer briefs over my diaper help provided the necessary support for a "heavy" diaper AND provided any and all necessary sound absorption. And after three weeks of wearing outside the house and in a quiet environment, you couldn't hear them.

I recently tried about 8 different diapers to find what would be quiet. I ended up not liking any of them. However, not because of the noise factor. I found I couldn't wear a diaper more than six hours without some additional support. I found that wearing a pair of boxer briefs over my diaper help provided the necessary support for a "heavy" diaper AND provided any and all necessary sound absorption. And after three weeks of wearing outside the house and in a quiet environment, you couldn't hear them.

Cool wat were the brands of diapers u tested??

You also have a choice of Cloth AIO (all in one) or pockt diapers. these are extremely discreet and quiet. The pocket style makes it easy to add additional soakers for heavier absorbtion. I find these extremely comfortable. Of course there is also the advantage of being eco friendly as he are wash and reuse :)

You also have a choice of Cloth AIO (all in one) or pockt diapers. these are extremely discreet and quiet. The pocket style makes it easy to add additional soakers for heavier absorbtion. I find these extremely comfortable. Of course there is also the advantage of being eco friendly as he are wash and reuse :)

ya thats good and all, but i am addicted to the feel of disposable diapers.

I tried the Abena Abriform Super and XPlus and also the Air Plus in both styles too. Molicare Super and Plus. Walmart Attends, two versions. Attends were no good for me without a stuffer. They all required some extra help staying up after a moderate wetting.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the Abena Abriform Super and XPlus and also the Air Plus in both styles too. Molicare Super and Plus. Walmart Attends, two versions. Attends were no good for me without a stuffer. They all required some extra help staying up after a moderate wetting.

ok i tried depends and the sucked. the fitting was all wrong, it leaked on the first wetting. They were crap

Im new to the whole disposable diaper thing, and was wondering what was a good diaper that was quiet.

if you want a diaper thats quiet your best bet is to do what i do and wear pullups depending on how big you are you should try anything from goodnites to tranquility ... I Wear Tranquility mainly and they have a wide variety of diapers and if you go with the tena that dude offered from HDIS they will spam the hell out of you ive got them to stop with the letters but they will still send me samples every now and then i hate there Reassure brand since thats what im wearing right now i mean there one of the quietest pullups ive ever worn but still they sent me two and they dont hold but one wetting but your best bet is to try Tranquility Daytime pullup or there Tranquility Overnight pullup here is the Overnight pullup http://www.tranquilityproducts.com/product...m/overnight.htm and here is the Daytime Pullup http://www.tranquilityproducts.com/product...avy/daytime.htm those are what im using now so figured id share those