LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Time To Update My "label"

I guess it's time to re-label myself. I hate boxes and labels, they feel constricting. But, to avoid confusion, and hopefully take a step towards becoming more comfortable with myself, I want to announce (can't think of a better word) that I am a male-to-female transgendered individual.

I am not going to go into a long history about how I know or when I found out, that would be painfully familiar for some of you and not interesting to others. Suffice to say, I've known for most of my life that I am female, I've just been trying to hide from it. I still haven't decided what this means for me. Admitting it to myself is a huge first step for me, admitting it thoroughly enough that I feel I should tell everyone else is even bigger. For now I am going to postpone transitioning due to personal issues. My life is in a lot of turmoil right now for more reasons than I can say here, but I don't think adding the uncertainty and stress of transitioning is healthy for me mentally at the moment.

I would be interested to hear from other transgendered babies the level of balance they have achieved in their lives either through transitioning or not. One of my fears is that I won't ever be able to move past the TG label to become who I really am (I'm afraid of being as unhappy and depressed after transition as I am now). On the other hand, I'm not sure I am going to have a choice but to accept that possibility and forge ahead.

Any thoughts?

Great to hear you have taken the next big step to become the real you.

One thing I can say for sure is there will never be a right time to start this process, and the longer you leave it the harder it becomes.

I hid from this for nearly 20 years, and the self abuse just got worse till the end. Thankfully I am accepting the help now which will hopefully see me reach my goal within the next couple of years.

The best advise I could give is to try and find a gender councilor in your area which you can open up too and forget about the labels they drive you insane ;)

Best of luck

Chloe

Great to hear you have taken the next big step to become the real you.

One thing I can say for sure is there will never be a right time to start this process, and the longer you leave it the harder it becomes.

I hid from this for nearly 20 years, and the self abuse just got worse till the end. Thankfully I am accepting the help now which will hopefully see me reach my goal within the next couple of years.

The best advise I could give is to try and find a gender councilor in your area which you can open up too and forget about the labels they drive you insane ;)

Best of luck

Chloe

Thank you Chloe, I sincerely appreciate it. I am grateful that I was able to come to grips with this now, I wish I had done it sooner but one cannot change the past.

I too wish you the best of luck. That is excellent advice, I wish I had some to return. Unfortunately, the best I can say, is be true to yourself. Pursue your dreams no matter the cost. In the end, you'll be able to hold your head high, knowing that you truly lived, each and every moment.

Best wishes,

Ayana

• 3 months later...

I realized I was female at an early age and started transitioning around 17 or 18. Took a lot to build up the courage to actually do it. But I loved it. My case was rather, unique, to say the least; I was raised a girl until I was 13, and decided to go all out on my 16th birthday, but the parental units wouldn't have it.

In the past few years my transition took a back seat to the rest of my life. Due to circumstances I opted not to have the surgery done, 4 days before it was supposed to happen. Now it is 3 years later, and I have to start all over, again. I stopped hormones and all. Sucks, but I am a bit older and wiser and better prepared for what life will throw at me.

Now I am getting off topic... but, forge ahead! Don't look back, remember, this is your pursuit of happiness. Sometimes when your life is in turmoil and nothing seems to be going right, it is the time to make a change. When you are unhappy and life is kicking your ass, being untrue only adds to the depression. It also helps a lot to just talk about, to whomever is interested. Did for me.

Balance in life? not so much of a balance, but it quelled my depression, brought a smile to my ever gloomy face, and made me more outgoing adn friendly. Everyone noticed the change, and they were upset when I didn't finish what I had started. I'm hoping before I hit 30 to be fully transitioned. There. That is my goal! what is yours?

Guest NaughtyAshes

Congrats!

For starters, I wouldn't worry about your "label" while transitioning. All that identity politics stuff is just a bunch of non-sense that bored trans people wrap themselves up in. If you don't want the label, then just don't use it. No one is ever going to force you to do trans things or hang out with trans people or especially call yourself trans.

I mention that I am a trans woman from time to time, but most of the time I don't and it is a non-issue. I've been at the transitioning game for a long time now and eventually you just stop worrying about it.

My one suggestion is to find a good gender counselor. They will be your best advocate and your best help in understanding yourself.