LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Clean Is Clean?

On a recent month long stay in a hospital, I was kept diapered 24/7 by the staff. Mostly, they did the cursory wipe down with the warm, wet washcloth when changing me. That was it. I always felt there should have been more attention paid to the nooks and crannies in the diaper area than they did. Occasionally, an attendant would add some powder, ointment or lotion if deemed necessary. But, I never felt quite all clean. Is this the way a baby feels? I can't remember. Maybe, a baby doesn't know how to feel about it. I suffered no rashes or infections as a result of their treatment.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn :thumbsup:

OMG! :o I'll NEVER look at a Thomas' English Muffin the same way!

"Is this the way a baby feels"?? I wouldn't kow, but I figure they don't have much of a point of reference since they start off in diapers right off the bat. The only comparison they might have is when they get out of the bath tub, all clean, and back into a diaper which is soon soggy etc....Sooooo *shrug* can't tell ya. I figure as long as you didn't end up with any rashes or other ill results, I guess they did everything basically right.

Maybe you just need to be happy that you had a staff there to take care of you and change you , instead of having to do it yourself.

Just my -2cents (severely devalued)

qwack

Quack!

Personally, I prefer "Bay's" English muffins :whistling: I did develop a staph (not staff) infection while hospitalized. But, it wasn't the result of their diapering technique. As far as I know. My -1cent, for what it's worth.

Cuddles,

I know when I cleaned my children with wipes I was very attentive to the procedure. My wife however :rolleyes: , just does a quick wipe and tape with me. So maybe it's just the adult thing. Besides if she were to pay more attention to it..she might get more attention to something else..Just say'n! ;)

Quack!

Personally, I prefer "Bay's" English muffins :whistling: I did develop a staph (not staff) infection while hospitalized. But, it wasn't the result of their diapering technique. As far as I know. My -1cent, for what it's worth.

Cuddles,

Obviously they weren't taking care of something well enough or you wouldn't have gotten a staph infection. Perhaps they just need to be more attentive all around, or perhaps you should just be grateful they didn't pay more attention to diapering and even less to whatever led to the staph infection.

Either way, at least you didn't develop a rash. I hope you are well over all the medical problems which led to and came abour from your hospital visit.

And as for English muffin preferences, nooks and crannies are nooks and crannies...and I've lost my appetite for English muffins as well even though I'd love to have someone diaper me and pay attention to mine (nooks and crannies)!!!

Obviously they weren't taking care of something well enough or you wouldn't have gotten a staph infection. Perhaps they just need to be more attentive all around, or perhaps you should just be grateful they didn't pay more attention to diapering and even less to whatever led to the staph infection.

Just because something bad happens does not mean it was anyone's fault. In medicine there are risks, and sometimes things just happen regardless of best efforts to prevent them.

Just because something bad happens does not mean it was anyone's fault. In medicine there are risks, and sometimes things just happen regardless of best efforts to prevent them.

Wasn't necessarily trying to lay blame...obviously things happen...but can't most infections be prevented?...and aren't hospitals the worst place to be to keep from getting an infection?

I certainly wasn't trying to put down hospital staff (not staph...haha)...I respect the hard working doctors, nurses, paraprofessionals, etc who are largely overworked and underappreciated...and yes, I do agree with your statement of risk. - and for the record, I HATE the lawyer commercials that imply that every bad medical result is someone's malpractice and therefore someone should be sued.

Sorry that my earlier post seemed to suggest anything offensive.

I am not offended at all - really I think all such incidences should be examined to determine their cause to see if something needs to be changed. It is true that many things can be prevented - and infections are one of them. Sometimes they do still happen. Earlier this month Medicare instituted a policy of not paying for certain "hospital acquired" complications such as infection. My only issue with that is that sometimes despite best efforts, they still occur. I agree that there should be a lot of focus on prevention considering what is at stake when such complications occur. Preventions requires eternal vigilance, which unfortunately humans are not capable of doing. I wish momentary lapses of judgement, misread labels, and the multitude of other things that have and can go wrong in hospitals never happened. So really - no offense taken :)

heidilynn, just out of my own curiosity - and also tell me if it's none of my business..

Was it your reason for being in hospital that required you to be in nappies during your stay, or did you 'manage it' another way?

Or are you incontinent (it doesn't say on your profile)

Just curious to know what different circumstances would lead a person to be in nappies 24/7 during a hospital visit (or if indeed you can merely request it).

Well, I am not so sure a baby is that "aware". Also as adults we tend to develop preferences to how hygiene is handled. Some people feel the need to go the extra mile when cleaning a diaper area so I really think it depends on the person and their experience alot. Also moms proably take their time with babies care, where as in a hospital you get the basic necessity taked care of.

heidilynn, just out of my own curiosity - and also tell me if it's none of my business..

Was it your reason for being in hospital that required you to be in nappies during your stay, or did you 'manage it' another way?

Or are you incontinent (it doesn't say on your profile)

Just curious to know what different circumstances would lead a person to be in nappies 24/7 during a hospital visit (or if indeed you can merely request it).

Actually, I was so doped up on morphine when I was admitted, I really can't remember exactly how it all went down. My closest friend, Sissy Tami, was with me on our trip to San Diego, participating in the "Pride" parade there. She sped to the hospital (From Yuma to Phoenix. No easy feat, when you're chasin' a chopper.) where I was taken and she informed the people there of my lifestyle and conditions. I owe a lot to her and her care and concern. She was not given access to me in ICU, not being family. But, we have gotten together since my discharge and she has filled in some of the holes in my memory of that experience. Tami requested that they respect my lifestyle. They did.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Wasn't necessarily trying to lay blame...obviously things happen...but can't most infections be prevented?...and aren't hospitals the worst place to be to keep from getting an infection?

I certainly wasn't trying to put down hospital staff (not staph...haha)...I respect the hard working doctors, nurses, paraprofessionals, etc who are largely overworked and underappreciated...and yes, I do agree with your statement of risk. - and for the record, I HATE the lawyer commercials that imply that every bad medical result is someone's malpractice and therefore someone should be sued.

Sorry that my earlier post seemed to suggest anything offensive.

Unfortunately, staph infections are among the most common hospital related infections that crop up following surgeries or procedures. No matter how careful you are, it is possible to get a staph infection. I had one after I had some surgery on my leg to remove a kneevis when I was a teenager. I know plenty of others that have had them too. I think its ridiculous that Medicare is now refusing to pay for something like this when it happens so frequently.

Doctors and nurses do their best to take care of everything, but sometimes they can't prevented all the secondary infections. Sometimes its the result of something thats already floating around in your bloodstream that hasn't found a place to roost or multiply out of control.

Definitely agree with you that the ambulance chasers make me sick to my stomach.

Heidi, don't know what to say about the cleaning techniques though. It could be that they have it all refined down so that they can do it quickly. I know that when I've changed others, I'm usually more attentive to cleaning everything, but the medical professionals I imagine would have to have everything cut down in time so that they can keep an eye on as many patients as they can. Just my (even more devalued) 20 won.

Unfortunately, staph infections are among the most common hospital related infections that crop up following surgeries or procedures.

Just my (even more devalued) 20 won.

Rate of exchange that bad these days? I had no idea. Sad days in Seoul. Torture in Taegu. But, there's always Arirang. And, remember. When fishing in Korea, don't smile. You'll scare the fish. :lol:

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)