LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Assurance Vs Depend

I have been wearing diapers for quite a while now, but I would rather not purchase them online yet. A few years back I really liked the Walgreens overnight plastic backed ones, but after they turned traitor and went to the cloth side of the force I reverted back to everyones friend, Depends. I actually dont have a problem with Depends at all, but I wouldnt mind diversifying a bit. Now after doing some research I have read many conflicting stories about Assurance brand diapers. Now even as cheap as they are I wouldn't want to buy them unless I had the facts straight, and knew what to expect. I'm froogle :). So first off this is what I like:

. White color

. Plastic backed

. As thick as Depends or thicker

. No logos all over the place

As far as Intent goes, more often than not I'll just wear them, but I do wet on occasion. Absorbency isnt as huge a concern as look and feel. Now I have a few questions. I havent been able to find a picture of one outside of the bag so if one exists please drop a link for me. Also from what I have read it is unclear as to wether they are thicker than Depends. I've heard it both ways. I have heard its not as high rise as Depends. Does that take away from anything?

Thanks in advance for any replys :)

The Dork

I've tried both. I think assurance feels better, and seems thicker. It has been awhile since I've worn depends, but I think that they were more paperish than the assurances. Pretty cheap, if not cheaper. When I looked at walmart, I think I got the thickest model available. I think the overnights?

Anyway, when I was searching to see if these were indeed the ones I got at walmart, I stumbled across this youtube video

enjoy

I've gone through a pack of both Assurance and Depends within the last few months, and they're fairly similar. Assurances are white, plastic backed, and have no markings other than a thin yellow piss indicator line. The plastic backing feels almost identical to Depends, though the inside feels less papery than Depends. I think the Assurances might be a little bit thicker, but I don't have any left to compare to a Depends. I would say they feel a bit closer to the old plastic CVS / Walgreens diapers than Depends do.

On the downside, Assurances seem to be less absorbent, or at least less tolerant of flooding. They also have much worse tapes. Maybe I just got a bad pack, but the tapes never would stay stuck for me.

All in all, just try them. They're a little bit cheaper, and there really isn't that much of a difference anyways - especially since you aren't wetting in them.

personally I don't care for either one, but I'd take Depends over Assurance any day. But no matter which ones, always double up anyway. Haven't leaked when I doubled up (make a lot of 1-2 inch slits down the center of the diaper so excess flows to the outer one)

-Sky

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to give em a go. The Walmart I went to only had large, but I didnt think it would be such a big problem. I have a 32 waist and I have worn large depends in the past and from what I can remember they werent built for giants. Anyway, that was a huge mistake. Those things were like talor made for Paul Bunyan. They swallowed me whole, and yet I really did enjoy some of the features. So I decided to try the walmart down the road and see what they had. Badda Bam! Here I am now with some mediums.

My review is something like yarr... First off, when I opened the bag I noticed how they did in fact look thicker than depends. Not by much, but it could be noted. Next upon actually taking one out I was amazed at how much cheaper they felt. Theyre just really light. Also they have a smell that you would be hard pressed to find in nature, but hey its a diaper, and they all smell a little interesting. Unfolding it showed a huge difference in size compared to the large. The padding comes up higher than depends, and the tapes feel a little weaker, but I never really untape it once its on so its not a big concern. It seems to be a mixture of the old Walgreens ones I liked, and Depends. Overall I like em.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to walmart the other day and i could not find any assurance diapers. I looked all over and they dont seem to have them. Could anybody tell me where else i could get them? i want to try something different than depends and i dont have alot of money. :huh:

I can't understand why you couldn't find them, they should be right in the pharmacy dept, right near the depends, of course it could be they were just out of them at the time.

Try a different walmart there are enough of them around.

Guest AllenABDL

i have used both Assurance and Depends and i must say i like depends better just because they have odor control and it works nicely and assurance does not really. assurance are a bit thicker but i would still pick Depends

I would also have to agree that I like Depends better than the Assurance. On last pack of Assurance that I bought the tapes would not stay stuck down, and the cut was way off and they didnt fit me right. The thing that sells me on Depends is that they have three tapes. For me diapers that have three tapes seem to stay on better than ones with two. Although I must admit, I rarely buy either brand anymore. I have actually found that I like the Walgreens Certainty briefs. I know they are cloth covered but they have large velcro tapes that seem to hold pretty good and dont rip off the back of the diaper after an hour of wearing them like the Attends Breathable that I have tried.

Overall, if I had to pick between Depends or Assurance, I would go with the Depends because of the three tapes.

I have been wearing diapers for quite a while now, but I would rather not purchase them online yet. A few years back I really liked the Walgreens overnight plastic backed ones, but after they turned traitor and went to the cloth side of the force I reverted back to everyones friend, Depends. I actually dont have a problem with Depends at all, but I wouldnt mind diversifying a bit. Now after doing some research I have read many conflicting stories about Assurance brand diapers. Now even as cheap as they are I wouldn't want to buy them unless I had the facts straight, and knew what to expect. I'm froogle :). So first off this is what I like:

. White color

. Plastic backed

The Dork

Just got back from Wal-Mart this afternoon to pick up my Assurance diapers. Mediums were the same as they've ever been, but the Large had "NEW AND IMPROVED" (GOD, I hate that effing phrase. What it really means is either "we changed it to be just like everyone else and we don't give a shit whether you like it or not" or "we changed it to make it cheaper for us so our CEOs can make more money") written all over it: NEW! Grip Tabs -- no more sticky tape!; NEW! Cloth-like cover with breathable zones!

Might as well head right on back to Depends (sorry folks, I don't care how AWESOME Tenas or Abenas or Molicares or Bambinos may be, I can't see paying more than 75 cents for something I'm going to pee in and throw away) and beg them not to fall for the fake "cloth-like" leaky "breathable zone" cover garbage that the rest of the diaper manufacturers are trying to get us all to swallow hook, line and sinker.

--Floaty

Now is the time to go and stock up on your mediums, same thing happened when CVS started to discontinue the plastic covers, I started going to all the Cvs stores in the area and buying what I could in the old style.

But it didn't take long untill they were all gone from the shelves, that is PROGRESS for you, screwed by someone who dosen't even wear diapers, improving something that was just fine the way it was.