LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Baby Furniture

babytommy1981

Hi Baby Tommy and Everyone,

As soon as Don Davis and I became a couple back in 1991 he got very tired on bending over so far to change my gauze diapers with me on a bed. We went to a store selling used medical office furniture where we bought an old exam table that was still in decent condition. It had a padded vinyl covered top, but was slightly narrow. Still, Don changed a whole lot of my diapers on that table without me falling off it.

While our current home was being constructed in 1996, which has a real nursery alcove off the master bedroom, Don designed a better adult changing table. We bought the kind of kitchen cabinets intended for islands. The two closest to the head end only have shelves, but the one at the foot end has drawers. The top drawer being deep enough a bottle of Diaparene baby powder can stand up, and the wipe warmer fits. There is a tray for diaper pins. The extension cord for the warmer goes through a hole in the back of that drawer. My vinyl panties are stored in the second drawer. The cabinets have shelves for folded gauze diapers as well as both Attends Breathable Small and Youth disposables, the sizes I wear.

The top is 6' long and 30" wide, with 2" of foam covered by thick vinyl material, making it easy to wipe clean. At the head end there are permanent side rails taller than the foam by 6" so no danger I will roll off. At the foot end there is a step so if I want I can climb on and off the changing table.

We have ben using this changing table since 1996, long before the house was ready. Last year we replaced the foam and vinyl on the top. I am not sure what it cost in materials. The cabinets were not the least expensive but hardly luxury custom-made. The top is 5 quarter plywood. Don did the woodworking himself and made the step from the scraps of the thick plywood. The cabinets are birch plywood with a matte poly finish. It took about 3 weeks for the cabinets to be delivered, along with the sheet of plywood. Assembling the changing table took Don less than a weekend. Our brother-in-law (also into AB) came over to help Don lift the plywood to cut it to size. Since the end-grain would show on the safety rails, Don made those from solid 3/4" birch 9" wide. Each of those is 3' long, with the foot-end top rounded.

I so want a highchair. but they are very $$$$.

does anyone have adult baby furniture

My husband Don and I do not own any special adult baby furniture except the changing table he built as described above. That was vital because I am a profoundly bladder incontinent adult who prefers pinned gauze diapers when home. Even if I change myself having a surface firmer than a mattress make the process easier.

For me AB is a good coping strategy, meaning I sure enjoy relaxing as a big baby girl after work before bed, but most of the time I am in my responsible adult mode. Because I am so in love with Don I do not want a crib.

Back in 1991 after we became a couple and shortly before we married there was an article in NUGGET's August 1991 issue by DGS about his wife "Baby Jenny" with photos. She looked adorable peering over the top of a folding mesh playpen. By happy coincidence the weekend after we bought that issue we were hunting thrift shops in rural Lancaster, CA mostly for stuffed toys when we saw such a playpen that was in excellent condition. We bought it immediately, paying $20 I think.

In private correspondence telling us the NUGGET article would appear, DGS told us he needed to place a couple of couch cushions under their playpen floor to keep it from breaking due to Jenny's adult size. After we bought our playpen we realized we did not have any cushions the correct thickness. So, Don simply sawed off the original legs, plugging the end of the tubes, thus allowing the playpen floor to rest on our carpet. When I am not in the mood to be in the playpen it is folded and stored in a bedroom closet.

For our Spring Fling'93 AD couple convention, a good friend who flew to Hollywood from New Jersey and is a major expert on highchairs took the time to visit some local thrift shops until he found a 1964 vintage folding highchair slightly wider than the modern ones. He is bigger than me and could fit in it. It is stored in a utility closet of our kitchen and is set up when I am in the mood to be fed by "Daddy" Don. Yes, I do have many kinds of bibs! Recently I saw a similar highchair in a used furniture store for $25

Awww Bethy get an adult one or custom make your own ^_^ Only a 5 foot cottage haha wow I'm short but I feel better now I'm 5ft 2 :P

I remember watching CSI the AB episode and thinking omg I want that nursery lol! Was amazing with all the lights etc lol I loved it. But I have a young daughter so I cant really have a nursery lol she'll grow up thinking its normal then realise not everyone has it. Plus Im only in a one bedroom flat so theres noway I could afford to have the extra room lol.

But I can imagine my own nursery... :mellow:^_^

All you people that do have one are soo lucky :)

I remember watching CSI the AB episode and thinking omg I want that nursery lol! Was amazing with all the lights etc lol I loved it. But I have a young daughter so I cant really have a nursery lol she'll grow up thinking its normal then realise not everyone has it.

Hehe, that's true......she would probably tell everyone too. When I was about 8 my nan showed me a photo of her on Margate beach in the 30s and told me it was when she swam the English Channel. I told everyone at school, and when she collected me from school one night my teacher asked her to come in one day and do a talk to the class about it. She told me years later that she can't even swim, lol.

I wish I could make a highchair, but I'm crap at woodwork. Perhaps I should go to Mothercare and ask if I can try one out for size before I buy, I'll just say my friend said she fits in one okay. Now I am joking, but I bet you'd like to see me do that on You Tube. :P

Beth

LOL!! haha! Aww bless her. What she say to the teacher?

LMAO! That was be interesting to watch, I don't know what you look like but I'm picturing it now haha! I have one for my daughter but I wouldnt even get a leg in it lol! For the record, I have not tried it! I'd prob break a bone or summat lol!

I'm sure she made some excuse to not agree a date, lol.

Well I'm 6ft and over 14 stone, so I can imagine it starting to creak a bit already. But none the less, the devil in me makes me want to go in and ask (with a straight face) if any of their cots could support my weight. ;)

Beth

(PS: I didn't think of doing any of this stuff until I met you guys!)

LOL! Id love to see you ask someone that with a straight face. I go in mothercare obv. coz of my daughter, but now when I go in there I'll be laughing to myself lol! My partner will think I'm strange lol.

LOL 6ft and 14 stone I'd love to see you try and get in one...

(I never even thought about most of the stuff I think about untill I met you guys! lol)

Im collecting all the CSIs nearly have them all. Love that show.

I don't think there is a ABDL store. That was only for the show...they really used a site called Baby Apparels.com

yeah i go on that site alot and seen they have done the CSI show.

I also love lady heather wish she was my mommy. i could be a bad baby and need a good spanking from time to time. lol

i ask a friend that works in a wood shop to make me a adult size highchair. something like you find today nothing old looking.

• 2 weeks later...