LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's The Big Deal With Birthdays?

Ok my birthday's coming up in about a month now and my daddy and a lot of my friends are making a big deal out of it. But to be honest I just don't understand it. So 19 years ago I was born on a certain day? So what, people are born every day and people die everyday, it's nothing really special it's just life. Birth is an amazing process yes but I don't see any real reason why people feel the need to celebrate it. If other people want to celebrate the day they were born that's fine they can do what they want but I just don't get it it seems pointless. Maybe I'm just getting old. Can anyone explain it to me?

Honestly I hate my birthday. I dont like the idea of cataloging my age... i dont like getting older. I dont tell people my brithday, i dont like getting presents on it, and i dont hold parties.

I do like parties though... but i have siblings with birthdays right near mine so i always get to hang out at their party.

-Sophie

That's a wonderful way to describe why i hate it. a.) my lack of accomplishments makes me feel rather useless... b.) i am never happy on my birthday and i believe the "Happy Birthday" wishes just push it.

Mommy always celebrates my 2nd Birthday though on my birthday... it's not that bad then. My family gets a bit annoying though.

-Sophie

I've always hated my birthdays too. i don't like the thought of getting older either - maybe each year i get chronologically older, but that's the only way I get older.

Dady knows that i won't get any older emotionally and so he calls my birthday my "babyday" instead - it's not a celebration of that i'm getting older, it's a day where we have a bigger than usual celebration that i'm his baby.

~ moogle

*blushes* I know I have alot to be happy about but I just see my birthday as another day of the year, If I was in my 60's or 70's Yeah it'd be a huge deal. But I do have alot to be happy about:I got my self a daddy that loves me(this thanksgiving will actually be our first anniversary!), a nursery with a crib and lots of fun toys to play with, and alot of other stuff. I just see my birthday as I've gotten another year older chronologically and not much else. Either way I'm still 19 going on 2!

I'm no pessimist, i'm just realistic.

Sure, i have a mommy... i have a family that loves me... and i know my life is rather decent.

But I judge my "accomplishments" as something i've actually... you know... accomplished. It's not my accomploishment that my family loves me or that Mommy loves me. I want to do something to help people... or help the world... or do something... and thinking back... 18 years.... you know how much people can get done in 18 years? A lot. And sure, i know it's not like there's much I can do at my age... but it's just so much time i could have done something important... you know? Half the time i get sad it's because i haven't really done anything with my life yet. I cant even decide where I want to go to college or what I want to be. It's so upsetting, and my indecisiveness doesn't help. I just figure if a birthday is a way to celebrate accomplishments... there's little for me. I celebrate the fact i have Mommy on my birthday, but i just dont use the term "birthday" in correspondance to my proper age. And as for my family, they aren't so bad anymore. Now i get the casual "happy birthday", a nice cake, and its done with. I can live with that. I just dont wanna go to school or anything and hear "Happy birthday" 400 times. That's all. I dont like being reminded that i'm older than I feel.

-Sophie

I like parties, and presents, and ice cream and cake. It's a party, JUST FOR ME! Not that it ever happens, but it is a nice thing to think about. A birthday is a celebration of you becoming one year closer to death! Yay! When you're dead, I call dibs on your kidneys. You never know when you need more of those.

Or the other way around, celebrate another year that you've somehow managed to stay alive. I think it would suck to die on your birthday. It's like "Woo hoo! I'm still alive!" *POW* not anymore.

A birthday is whatever you want it to be. It's YOUR day, so try to have fun with it. Among your friends and family, it might as well be a national holiday in your honor. So, let loose, have fun, and remember to tip your bartender!

Edit: Oh, sorry. You're 19. Well, tip your bartender anyways! Find a bartender and tip him/her, just for the heck of it. *walks up to a person on the street* "Are you a bartender?" "umm...no." "Okay, then." *walks off*

Okay, fine. Don't tip if you don't want to, but you should at least tip your waitress. It's customary. And if you get crappy service, tip a penny so she has to deal with a penny. And, use a credit card so the person running the register has to open the drawer, pull out a penny, and hand it to the waitress. "Here's your tip!"

Edit: Oh, sorry. You're 19. Well, tip your bartender anyways! Find a bartender and tip him/her, just for the heck of it. *walks up to a person on the street* "Are you a bartender?" "umm...no." "Okay, then." *walks off*

Okay, fine. Don't tip if you don't want to, but you should at least tip your waitress. It's customary. And if you get crappy service, tip a penny so she has to deal with a penny. And, use a credit card so the person running the register has to open the drawer, pull out a penny, and hand it to the waitress. "Here's your tip!"

*giggles* thanks that really made me laugh. Any ways I can still go to bars, just not this side of the border. I wonder how many pesos is considered a good tip? And this time I will not do what my friends say. I went there for spring break once and they told me that saying "chupa me!" is a way of greeting someone. That was when I was young and stupid. Or younger.