LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Diaper Companies And The Ab/dl Community

Just my two cents worth

I think the overall numbers you all have come up with are quite low. Think about how mainstream diapers have become in just the last two years. The Phoenix New Times has an AD/DL on the cover a couple months back, CSI had an episode dedicated to it (however irratating it was.....it was still on CBS primetime), HBO's cathouse had AB's on the show and even commercials are starting to come around.....go to AXE.com and see some of the babytalking commercials.

I seriously doubt there would be this much exposure for something 100,000 people out of 300,000,000 did.

I think it's alot bigger than we imagine.........take into consideration that only 1 out of 3 households has an internet connection at all. Add a good bit of Religious shaming and ridcule to the number of under 18 "I must be a freak so I am gonna keep my mouth shut" kids and I might put the number at 1 to 2 million in the USA alone. Less than 1/3rd of 1% of the total population.

And being in marketing myself......every company takes 1 to 2 million customers seriously......even if it isn't advertising to them.........trust me...they know about us.

BabySteviee

I seriously doubt there would be this much exposure for something 100,000 people out of 300,000,000 did.

When it's this freaky to the mainstream mindset you do, it's simply that they've finally noticed we exist

Let's face it, Valentine ... we're dinosaurs! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dinosaurs are us! When I was 13 computers filled buildings, and had to be programmed by cards. There is no way to get any kind of actual count of how many AB's and DL's there are out there, but any therapist you may talk with will tell you that it is still relatively rare, (although more of us are coming out every day). Yes I know how it feels to repress your inner being, and the feelings of being a "Whacko" or "Freak", and I can tell you that you ARE NOT! Unless, of course you enjoy being a whacko or freak, then by all means feel free.

For a lot of us, feelings of guilt and shame have plagued us over our desires to wear diapers, or to be Babied. This is really uncalled for! Why put yourself through all the pain and anguish for simply being who you are?

What is keeping you from accepting yourself as the beautiful human being that you are? The only thing holding us back from being happy with ourselves is US!! If you feel pain over these desires you have, then I can assure you that it is SELF GENERATED! So many people out there feel so bad, for absolutely no reason, they should accept the life they have been given, be happy with who they are, and enjoy life! Unless of course feeling agony and pain is your thing, in which case go ahead and feel all the guilt and shame you want!

If your asking yourself if it really that easy to accept this part of you, I can assure that it is. All you need do is look at yourself, realize that you are a good person, and that God WANTS you to be happy in this life! Whether God created you this way, your up bringing did it, or some weird fluke of nature, some Cosmic joke made you WHO and WHAT you are is unimportant. The fact is, we are who we are, accepting ourselves for who we are is a big step toward being happy with our lives.

^Are you talking to me, Vic? Or talking to ab/dl's in general? If you're refering to my post:

When I was a teenager I thought I was the only wacko who desperately wanted to wear diapers.

I was speaking of a time when I didn't realize others had these same desires and thought there must be something wrong with me. That was a LONG TIME AGO, and I'm comfortable with who I am now. If you're speaking to ab/dl's in general, then just ignore this post. :)

The numbers we claim as how many are AB/DL is only the tip. The real impact on sales is lessen by the fact that we don't all wear diapers 24/7. I wear them once or twice a week. Thats an average of two or three a week at most.

And sometimes I wear cloth diapers so that means less desposable wearing.

How long does a pack of desposable diapers last for one of us compared to the so-called 'real' users.

• 3 weeks later...

I had been curious about adult diaper companies and if they knew about ABs and DLs too.

The conclusion I reached is that they certainly would. I went and purchased adult diapers from a well know company, Abena, and I can tell you one thing, they employ very intelligent and highly educated people. Now because of the people they employ, I am certain that they know how to use google. That being the case, if one does a search on google for adult diapers or abriform, gosh there are as many links dedicated to the fetish as there are resellers.

The conclusion is that these companies spend a lot of time and effort researching their customers. They would be well aware of fetishists, but I suspect that they turn a blind eye to it. Why bother pandering to DLs and ABs that occasionally purchase a pack or a carton of diapers when there are institutions like nursing homes and hospitals that buy them by the pallet load?

Any diaper company that was seen to be pandering to the ABDL community would risk marginalising the majority of its customers, the ones that really need diapers. I think that the best that the ABDL community can ever hope for is sympathetic resellers that are happy to supply retail trade.

You know, if people from the AB/DL community practiced a little more tact and respect we might be better received.

It's a bit of a double edged sword, we could post over on Depend's board and actually have some experienced useful input. We share something in common with truly incontinent people but there will always be people that can't resist taking it just a little to far which sours the entire community.

If I was running a company that markets diapers to adults, if you want to buy them because you LIKE wearing them, bring it on. It's more profit for the company, tell your friends how comfortable and absorbent our diapers are.

Just my .02