LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Diaper Companies And The Ab/dl Community

I was thinking, how much money is our community contributing to the adult diaper companies? If one day we all decided we didnt want to wear them anymore would there be a massive loss of sales?

Makes a person wonder if there wasnt an evil consiparcy to corupt us in our youth to make us want adult diapers :ninja:

Im not being super serious just some food for thought

I am sorry to say that if you look at the insitutional use alone they would survive. Truck loads coming in every week. The good ones too. I've seen the ones they use where who cares if they are too thick for you pants, your stuck in a bed any way. Not the thin and plastic you find at local store.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's been estimated that there are approx 150,000 ABs in America I forget the methodology

Well if you assume 250 million people, that's what, one in every 1600 or so people, give or take. Might be reasonable, I'd guess it's more like one in 5000, so there's more like 50,000 in the USA. Still a nice number, but bear in mind that maybe only 10% of those actively practice and accept it. Takes you to around 5,000, which seems to be roughly borne out by website traffic patterns and general industry sales.

I agree.....150,000 seems WAY too high. 5-10,000 maybe. If we all stopped wearing tomorrow, they wouldn't even notice. In fact they'd probably save money as they wouldn't get as many calls complaining about their product and wouldn't have to staff their phones as much!

Current Pop of the US is around 300,000,000 (its a few million less but this makes the math easier).

At 5,000 active AB/DLs that is 1 in 60,000 people.

That means for example: 200 in Illinois, 300 in NY, 350 in Texas, 550 in CA, 10 or so in the low popaltion states. These numbers seem very low to me.

But I have an idea on how to get a better number.

Ok, from the operator of SIDNY:

He had an online registry of about 4000, he figures that 1/4 of them were from NY/NJ/Connecticut, that's 1,000. The population of those three states is about 30,000,000, so he had about 1 out of every 30,000 in those state in his registry. That would be 10,000 in the U.S.

Now he probably didn't have all of the active AB/DLs in those states, so let's say he had half of the active AB/DL's on his registry. That doubles the number to 20,000 active in the U.S. He also had no under age members, so that probably adds some also.

The problem we have now is how many lurkers/non internet visiting AB/DLs are there.

So I would probably put the total number of AB/DLs of all ages in the U.S. to be in the 100,000 range as a maximum.

Which would mean about 2,000,000 worldwide.

Or I could be waaaaaaay off.

If you're wondering whether the diaper companies know about us, just check out the depends message board(s). They have one forum labeled "whatever" where they pretty much just rip on ab's & dl's. There appear to be moderators provided by KC that watch the forums, so yes, they know about us.

The members of that forum don't seem very impressed with us, but I haven't found a moderator's opinion yet.

On a side note, there was a thread discussing "why adult diapers don't work as well as baby diapers," and it appears that all of the legitimate users (as they call themselves) over there want really absorbant and thick baby like diapers too.

Worth checking out if you have some spare time.

iluvdps

only 60k? Ya right, I am guessing there are about at least 500k - 1 mil.

I mean think about how many people were brought up through christian values, and those values could make you feel ashamed for wanting something like this/ (Not saying christian values are bad, they're good, but people may believe God would dislike it.) There are probably a large chunk of closest ab/dl's out there, I am pretty sure of it. It's like the Gay community, how they were all behind closed doors until the 60s and 70s helped them through it.

The only problem with comparing AB/DLs now to the gays of '60s and '70s is that then the only way they had to get in touch with others was through underground newspapers, adult bookstores, and gay bars. So if you were gay in and in a small town, there was no way for you to communicate with the outside world.

Now, with the internet and Jerry Springer, most (at least American) AB/DL's know that there are others out there, and can communicate with the rest. While there may be a large number of lurkers, there probably aren't a lot that don't know they aren't alone.

The only problem with comparing AB/DLs now to the gays of '60s and '70s is that then the only way they had to get in touch with others was through underground newspapers, adult bookstores, and gay bars. So if you were gay in and in a small town, there was no way for you to communicate with the outside world.

Now, with the internet and Jerry Springer, most (at least American) AB/DL's know that there are others out there, and can communicate with the rest. While there may be a large number of lurkers, there probably aren't a lot that don't know they aren't alone.

And thank heavens for the internet! I'm not so sure about thank heavens for Jerry Springer! :P Young ab/dl's now grow up knowing there are others just like them. When I was a teenager I thought I was the only wacko who desperately wanted to where diapers. There's nothing worse then being alone with a secret like that!

Actually Valentine assumeing you where bron around 1965 (using your given age) a form of internet has been around since your first time in diapers and by 13 such standards as TCP/IP and ethernet had been developed and where beganing to be implemented. so no need to feel like a dinosuar :)

did a bit of reading on that site, i never even knew depends had a board, and now i do. and now i also know what todays normal incon's think of us ab's and dl's.

Unfortunately the majority of us are misrepresented by a minority of idiots. People who are incontinent have the right to have a message board where they can talk openly about their problem, without ab/dl's popping in with their own interests. There are lots of ab/dl sites, we don't need to take over incontinence sites. I think the ones who like to post on these sites, do so to shove their lifestyle in the faces of people who are not interested in it, while retaining their anonymity.