LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Way To Avoid The Chafing

The first time I went for a long walk with a diaper on, i severely regretted it once I got back. The diaper chafed the inside of my legs really bad and it hurt like hell by the time I got back.

So lately I started toying with a few ideas to keep that from happening again, and have found 2 really simple ideas that seem to work well.

The first is to apply petroleum jelly (vaseline) on your legs where the diaper rubs against. This lasts for quite a while an helps the situation out a bit. The other one is to just add a small amount of baby oil as well. This doesnt last as long, but works wonders. Baby oil by itself will absorb into your skin in a matter of minutes, but the jelly keeps it from doing that as fast, and the 2 combined reduce the friction to near none.

This makes simple walking around much more comfortable, especially after the diaper fills up a little bit and starts to fill out between the legs a bit more. I havent gone running, but I'd imagine this makes it possible to run with a diaper and avoid the soreness that develops. Please comment on how it works for running though :-)

powder can actually clump up when it gets wet, as sweat will do to it, and wont protect as well, where as the oil based jelly and 'oil' do not wipe away or absorbe or 'clump up' like some creams, or powders. Sounds like a good idea..

personally i'd say u just need someone to get u a stroller and push u around!!!! :P

heh. ya, power wipes off really easy, any amount of walking and its gone.

while I might see the appeal of being pushed around, just not for me :-P

I like getting all sweaty and nasty, ok, well maybe not the nasty part...

lol was only kdding about the stroller part.. ever thought about one fo those swim diapers for when doing rigorous physical activity? it seems like they might fit better or are made out a different material so as not to cause chaffing? or maybe cloth diapers and plastic pants? I've never triedeither... but it might help in that department for ya

i know you were kidding :-)

Ya, swim diapers might be an option, but from the looks of all the ones I've seen, they fit fairly snug, and the edges might start to cut into skin after moving around a lot. Though either way, I'm not much of a cloth person and prefer to stick to my disposables.

If you can't prevent the chafing and you do get rubbed the wrong way in those sensitive areas inside your theighs, the best thing I've found to ease the pain and heal the rubbing super quick is a product called "Sween Cream". It's actually made for skin irritations due to possible urinary situations or constant chafing. Believe me, it works!