LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is This A Bad Sign?

Throbbing pain in the kidneys is a BAD sign if you have a UTI. Accompanied by a fever, this symptom means the infection has migrated to your kidney and is very serious. Cipro should cover it. However, Cipro comes with some risks, too. After a course of a similar drug (same family of drugs called fluoroquinilones), I ruptured both my biceps tendons.

I get about 3-4 UTIs a year (I self cath to drain the bladder) and have had some experience with this. See a doctor NOW!

Mo

Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids while you are on Ciprofloxacin. If not that could be a reason for the throbbing pain in the kidney. CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR AND LET HIM OR HER KNOW TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I've been there, done that. I also get 3-4 UTI's a year, although non since I got off 6 months of Levaquin. As it has been said, the throbbing in your kidneys is a sign that the infection has spread from your bladder to your kidneys. Is it one or both kidneys? The Cipro should take care of both the bladder and kidney infections. The pyridium definitely helps with the pain. I only found out about that stuff recently from my new PCP. My Mayo urologist never offered it for the pain. :angry: Anyway, I hope you feel better.

I recently contracted a UTI and I'm on cipro for it. The problem is my kidneys are now throbbing painfully. Is this a bad thing?

As another poster mentioned, keep drinking lots of water, both because of the UTI and the antibiotics.

Ciprofloxacin is a really nasty drug. Not as bad as the one I am on (which causes cancer among other things), but it's way up there. Don't just stop taking it, that's even worse. But keep a close eye on things and be prepared to call your doctor.