LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Recovery

Guest xdiaper

I'm normally a very considerate smoker when I'm out in public. I always see which way the wind is blowing so I don't blow my smoke downwind to a non-smoker. I try to toss my butts in garbage cans. That sort of thing. The only thing that pisses me off is this,out here in California,it's illegal to light up in a restaurant or bar. I'm fine with that for the most part. I get pissed when I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and as usual,I'm having my after meal cigarette,some non-smoker starts hacking and coughing. If they have small children,I'll gladly get up and go to where there is nobody around. No kids,I'll tell them simply,"Look. I can't smoke in there. You have the choice where to sit. Everytime you cough,I blow more smoke in your direction." Shuts 'em up every time. :D

I'm both asthmatic and allergic to smoke. I have allergic reactions 50 feet away from where the smoker is smoking, and I know somebody is smoking, because I can feel it in my itchy eyes, long before I can see the person smoking. Indoors or outdoors doesn't matter to me as I have the same reaction regardless.

Anyway, when I cough, its because I can't breathe. I would thank you for your kind consideration, but you don't appear to have any on this topic.

As for the original topic, I think its possible that any object or activity which brings with it an attachment which is addictive in nature for a specific person can be problematic for that person if taken to the extremes at the exclusion of other activities. If that happens and it becomes bothersome to the person affected, I'd recommend the seeking out of professional help. However, if it doesn't bother you, then there is probably no harm in something like an addiction to wearing diapers (except maybe the effect on the wallet from purchasing the diapers and associated accessories). When compared to other potential addictions, I'd consider this one pretty mild as far as potential long term and short term side effects.

I totally agree that this is not necessarily a problem that needs to be fixed. There are cases where this lifestyle and behaviors become a problem, and in these cases things should be dealt with. People can be unhealthily addicted to many things.

I also resonate with the feeling that this part of me may be getting in the way of more constructive aspects of myself. With the time, money, and energy I spend playing with diapers I could be doing a lot of interesting and personally rewarding things. For example, television isn't seen as a problem for most people, although many are addicted unhealthily, even though these same individuals may benefit from spending their time reading a book, or going outside instead. I think it is important to keep in mind that just because a behavior isn't being abused, or harming anyone, doesn't mean that there aren't even better uses for your time and energy - things that would lead to deep personal growth. You can imagine the amount of help you could be doing others if you donated your diaper money to worthy charities instead of indulging. It would be like trying to cut back, or quit, other non-harmful habits like caffeine or television.

I am not trying to get all holier-than-thou, I just wanted to point out that there are motives to quit that aren't just wanting to "deny who you are". Instead, the process of giving up unhealthy behaviors for more healthy behaviors can be deeply rewarding. I recently stopped driving to work and started biking instead - it is great for the exercise and saving money. It would be ridiculous to say that as an American you are denying who you are by not driving a car. Just because you would really like to get laid doesn't mean it is the healthiest thing to go and have risky sex with strangers. There are always better things to do with your time. Moderation is key. It is truly up to the individual to see if any behavior is getting in the way of personal growth. Unhealthy can mean different things for different people. Some people may consider television or coffee to be a bad habit worthy of attention. If someone feels like they would be better off without these behaviors - so be it.

Obviously I am torn about diapers in my own life. I just now bought diapers for the first time in four years. I've always tried to keep the mindset that this is one part of my multifaceted life.

Discuss.

Man, this kid is right on! That sexual energy is powerful and when shifted into other areas of life, it can do wonders. Kant, Newton, and Tesla were all celibate!

On a personal note, I've been trying to divert attention to other areas of my life in these last few months and I've noticed many positive things. My career is doing much better and I've been enjoying life much more. To be totally cliché, the grass is greener and the sun is a little brighter. I've saved getting diapered for the rare times that another person is involved and it's been much more fun and actually fulfilling for once. The main behavior that I've changed though is the typical late night picture hunting. I really think that shopping for images all night has been 'sucking the life outa me' and being off it has done wonders for my mental well being.

The WHO doesn't do that and it doesn't have the power to do that. While they have a strong anti-tobacco stance, they do not have the power to force people to do anything.

It is the European Union who sets up the nanny state rules for itself based on the WHO statements of policy.

just what yoy said, based on recommendations from the WHO... they do not put the policy into place and they do not enforce it.... they make sure they stay quite out of the way of individual country politics.. but you cant say they dont put undue influence over governments