LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting In Bed - Any Hints From People...

Greetings all you diaper (or nappy as we call it here in New Zealand) lovers...

I am a new DL and since I have started wearing nappies I have found it a great way to relax and unwind from the very hectic working schedule. I am only a "part-time" wearer, if that's what you could call it, only wearing nappies when I am home from work. This means that only while I am in the office I am in normal underwear, for every other minute of the day and night (incl weekends) I have a nappy on - and wow...it feels awesome. Definitely something I shoudl have done many years ago.

Didn't take long before wetting became second nature and I really enjoy the feeling of a full nappy alot...but...and this is where I'm hoping some of you can help.

Before going to bed I change into a fresh nappy. At this point I'd also like to say that have been sleeping better since being in my nappies at night too. However I usually wake up during the night and as usual I really need to pee. I am desperately wanting to wet in my nappy but for some reason my brain does not allow me the freedom to wet my nappy while I am lying in my nice warm bed and I have to get up to use the toilet.

What, if anything, can I do to combat this? I'd appreciate any advice that is offered.

Happy nappy days

NZDiapers

Well, the first thing you have to figure out is why you can't wet your diaper laying down. I have no idea why you have to get up to pee.....

Once you've figured that out, then you have to work on simply wetting your diaper the second you wake up and feel the urge to pee. You can't be worrying about leaks, you just have to let go. The more you do this, the more at ease you will become with just wetting when you feel the need at night. Warning! This might result in you wetting the bed when you aren't diapered....so only keep doing this if you are ok with becoming a bedwetter....

it definitely takes awhile, and some getting used to. at first, i would stand up, sometimes even going into the bathroom out of habit, and would just stand there wearing my diaper and pee that way. after awhile, i would stay in the bed, but i'd have to wake up fully and decide to wet my diaper, and sometimes it would take some time to do this. there are a lot of years of routine and subconscious behaviors at work here, so it makes sense it takes time to alter your perceptions and unconscious inclinations.

after a year or so of the above practices, I got to the point where I would have vivid, intense dreams about wearing diapers, at least half of the times sexually arousing. at some point in the dreams, i usually had some awareness, in a directed-dreaming sense, and i found i could steer myself towards EITHER a sexual or diaper wetting conclusion to my dream). as I more and more did, I chose the second path, and would wet my diaper in real life at the same time i wet my diaper in my dream. this only lasted a few weeeks (which is too bad, they were great dreams), and then I was able to wet my diaper in my sleep, without dreaming or waking. i haven't experienced accidents, wetting on a non-diaper night, although i have come close only to wake up. since, like you, i wear diapers part time, i think i have some built-in sense of "yes, i'm wearing diapers" or "nope, no diaper there" when i'm asleep. i can easily imagine this being different if a non-diaper night was unusual, rather than >50% of the time...

good luck!

I've had the same issue of being unable to wet lying down. Whenever I take a break from wearing diapers at night, and then get back to it again, I have to get myself used to it all over again.

The problem is you have a strong subconscious feeling that it's not okay to pee. The context is wrong; you know it's okay to pee standing up or sitting on the toilet, but lying down in bed is wrong. If you practice enough, you'll get used to the idea. Bladder control is all about context; if you're in a place or position where you're used to peeing, it comes very easily.

One thing you might try is standing up beside your bed when you start to wet, but lie down to finish the job. Once you get your bladder to open up, it'll stay open more easily, so you'll have less trouble getting it to open up again after you like back down--and that will provide the practice you need. Eventually you'll be able to get the bladder to open up without standing first.

Another thing to try is, whenever you're at home and wearing diapers and you need to wet, go lie down first. That gives you even more practice.

If you're like me, it'll take somewhere between a week and a month to get to the point where you can wet easily while lying down... and if you stop wearing for a while, you'll have to go through the whole thing again the next time. It's definitely a hassle, but it'll happen.

The method that worked for me and your use of it depends on how squeemish you are about pee. If you dont mind peeing on yourself, than go for it. I would lie down in the bathtub (submersed in water of course with ol' johnson out of the water) pretend I was wearing a diaper and just let go that way. A little practice and this transferred right over to lying down to pee. Then of course there is the bed thing to get over, but that just comes with time.

How do you, at 33, all of a sudden become a diaper lover?.. What?... you saw an adult diaper ansd said wow....I want to wear one... errr...

Oh here's a hint on how to piss the bed... you just piss the bed... it's that easy...trust me..

Before you start to criticise my decision to start wearing nappies at 33, you should understand that wearing nappies has always been something I have wanted to do but I did not realise just how easy it was to buy them, but moreso I have not been in the right domestic situation in order for me to be able to fully indulge so yeah...even at 33 is there any reason I can't become a diaper lover...after all, all I'm doing is turning something I have fantasised for many years about into a reality.

And to everybody else that has posted here so far, a very big thankyou to you all, your thoughts and advice are so very much appreciated - keep it coming.

Thanks

NZ

^^ I've been a DL my entire life... My first diapers were terry towels I made into a diaper, then used masking tape and trash bags to make the outer cover... I stole lots of diapers from my aunt when she had her kid.. Later on she bought bigger ones and they fit me..

I then went into a streak of 7 years that I didn't desire diapers..then I hit pueberty, saw an add for depends briefs then my desire came back full force.. I was still at home with my sister, and parents, and still managed to sneak big red bags of Depends into my room.. How would I get them?... I would ride my bike 5 miles to town early in the morning... buy depends and carry them back home wrapped in a brown trash bag strapped to my handle bars.. I'd get home, and throw the depends into the woods about a 100 feet from our house.. The only chance I had to get them was when no one was home or I would sneak out at night and get them..

Yeah I went through a lot of pain to obtain my diapers for my needs..

I firmly believe if anyone had this desire to wear diapers their entire life, they would of found some way to obtain them, not wait until they are 33 years old then wear them..

I know what being a DL is, and there is no way you could of gone this long without a diaper.

Don't you have any expierience at a younger age with diapers? Did you ever steal baby diapers from a cousin or try to make your own??..

^^ I've been a DL my entire life... My first diapers were terry towels I made into a diaper, then used masking tape and trash bags to make the outer cover... I stole lots of diapers from my aunt when she had her kid.. Later on she bought bigger ones and they fit me..

I then went into a streak of 7 years that I didn't desire diapers..then I hit pueberty, saw an add for depends briefs then my desire came back full force.. I was still at home with my sister, and parents, and still managed to sneak big red bags of Depends into my room.. How would I get them?... I would ride my bike 5 miles to town early in the morning... buy depends and carry them back home wrapped in a brown trash bag strapped to my handle bars.. I'd get home, and throw the depends into the woods about a 100 feet from our house.. The only chance I had to get them was when no one was home or I would sneak out at night and get them..

I firmly believe if anyone had this desire to wear diapers their entire life, they would of found some way to obtain them, not wait until they are 33 years old then wear them..

I know what being a DL is, and there is no way you could of gone this long without a diaper.

Don't you have any expierience at a younger age with diapers? Did you ever steal baby diapers from a cousin or try to make your own??..

I do have vague memories of experiences with nappies when I was a young kid, if I had to state an age I'd say up to around age 12. I guess it was jsut a curiousity thing back then and they were not with real nappies, mainly towels as that was all that could be adapted. Like you the desire left me for many years as I discovered other things about me, such as the fact I was gay and later experiencing the physical side of that with others. In my mid-20's I go the desire again for nappies, but it was very difficult for me to be discreet about it at home. Every situation is different and I am pleased that you somehow managed to smuggle your nappies in...for me it was never going to be that easy - so please don't infer that it was going to be

I live in a small town and unfortunately due to past jobs I have held I am very well known, as is my family. I have recently (in the last 2 years) actually bought a house here and my choice to live alone has been the greatest thing I've ever done. I have always been a discreet person, never buying such things in this town as too many people know me.

I am now comfortable with myself and have decided that I want to get into this a great deal more as I now have the complete freedom to do so, and with teh internet to buy nappies it has made this much easier.

If you want me to put it in such a way that it will hopefully makes sense to you, then I am best described as a DL in training - and I am loving every minute of it!

Thanks for your comments.

NZ

Well I hope you always feel good about living alone.. I on the other hand am very irritated that I'm alone, and I blame the diaper affection for some of it. I cannot bring anyone else into this fetish.

I'm trying to stop and have not worne a diaper in 5 days... I have urges to put one on and I am trying to resist it....not easy, but I am trying.. I'm actually trying to untrain myself from diaper loving... I actually am hating it now..

I hope you have good times with diapers.. it can be a comfort thing if you don't get to crazy with it like I did..

Also about being alone.. hey... maybe that someone will show up when you least expect it

good luck.

How do you, at 33, all of a sudden become a diaper lover?.. What?... you saw an adult diaper ansd said

Hey, don't beat the guy up over being a little late. I didn't buy my first adult diapers until I was 29. I'd occasionally made homemade diapers back when I was in high school and college, but then put it out my head until a week of vacation when I was 29...I lived at home until ~age 27. Some people are better at putting their desires off than others, or maybe have a stronger sense of inertia. I'd even worked at a retail store, Depends aisle and all, and just never put 2+2 together.

SNUGGIES: I just read a couple of your other recent posts. You know, if you posted your location, you might just find some local AB or DL friends. Hey, if you're anywhere near south-central PA, I'll buy you a beer! Hang in there, dude!

NZDIAPERS: glad you're on board. What everybody says about wetting in bed is true. Ease into it. Pee standing next to the bed, gradually introducing your body to peeing while laying down. You'll have some tired mornings, but it does get easier. I find it helps to take a deep breath and relax my lower abdomen area while exhaling. After 4-6 months, I was even having some night accidents after drinking a glass of water before bed. (You may not want to go that far.) At first I'd wake up totally after a bladder contraction, but as I got used to it, didn't need to be so lucid to let it go. Good luck!

I was 45 when I started, can't say that I ever really gave them much thought most of the years before then. But I've been a pants-wetter since my teen years. Came across this site, thought diapers looked good on a lot of people in the photos, but also related to the non-chalantness of those on the board who choose to wet. Worked up the nerve to buy some, I tried it, I liked it, and a new DL was born.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Hi there everybody.

I can't thank you all enough for the great advice that you have posted here for me, and to those who have welcomed me to the site, thank you also. I was a bit perplexed by a certain member of the site but after hearing from some of you and getting some kind messages of support, I am feeling much better.

I am taking all your advice on board and I'm looking forward to the ability to be able to wet in bed as this is really the one thing that I would like to be able to achieve. Unfortunately I am not an overly patient person when I know what I want but I realise that this is going to be a long road and I am well prepared for that.

Keep your comments coming - I'm very grateful for all your tips.

Happy nappy days

NZ