LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers From The 50's To The Early 90's... Especially The 80's And 70's...

What were the brand names and model names, if anyone can recall or find info about on the Net somewhere, of all the adult diapers around in the early 70's to the early 90's. 50's, and 60's a plus as well!!!! I am a huge 80's and other vintage fan, love diapers for sexual reasons as well as babyish reasons, even though I am not an AB just yet. If anyone can help me out, shoot me up an e-mail with a compilation of what everyone contributed to answer my question. Thank you. :huh:

disposablediaper.net has history page you might want to look at.

I'm a vintage nut, too, and I have a small collection of 1980s Pampers and Luvs I bought from eBay. I was just on eBay and I saw a couple boxes of 1970s Pampers there. I'd LOVE to get my hands on some of those early disposables.

What were the brand names and model names, if anyone can recall or find info about on the Net somewhere, of all the adult diapers around in the early 70's to the early 90's. 50's, and 60's a plus as well!!!! I am a huge 80's and other vintage fan, love diapers for sexual reasons as well as babyish reasons, even though I am not an AB just yet. If anyone can help me out, shoot me up an e-mail with a compilation of what everyone contributed to answer my question. Thank you. :huh:

Well I started talking an interest in diapers around 1975/76, but I can only say what we used in England.

At that time most kids wore cloth diapers with plastic pants. The pants were usually pvc, not rubber, came in all colours and baby print too. I seem to remember there were lots of cotton or terry pants with pvc lining around. Oh, snap fasten pants were also very common. Disposables did exist, and I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Pampers in the stores. But they were quite "modern" and most kids seemed to wear cloth. I recall looking out of my bedroom window and seeing lots of cloth diapers on clothes lines......and I can't forget the smell of walking into the house of someone with a baby, the cloth diapers being boiled. There was also a thing called Padi-Pads, these were a sort of paper liner that went inside plastic pants........so a sort of halfway between disposables and cloth.

By the 80's disposables had taken over and Pampers were really common. At the time they were bulky, covered in white plastic, and I think the tapes were blue........if I remember. I don't think they were as good at odor control as now, as most babies seemed to stink of pee.

Hope this helps.

Beth

I was born in the very late 40's and I could just about remember the rubber pants, so it was cloth and rubber for me, and my 3 brothers.

The only diaper commercials I remember were for pampers and luvs, in the early 70's, and the only reason I noticed was because they were made and still are made here in Pa, at the Proctor and Gambel plant in Mahoopany Pa, just outside of Tunkhannok Pa, they also make Charmin toilet paper there and facial tissues.

And I remember my nephews and neices wearing disposeable diapers when they were kids, but I don't remember what kind they were.