LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where To Purchase?

Hello all,

New to this forum, but I've been hanging around the "main" site for a while now. Submitted a couple stories (by Sean) that you might have read.

Anyway, I wonder if I could pick your brain and see if you have any brilliant ideas to assist.

I live in a smallish town where I can't readily purchase diapers. I can find some decent pullups, but pullups are, well... Not full briefs ;)

I have found a couple sources for online purchases (I'm in New Zealand, don't have as much choice as all of you in the US). The problem is, they won't deliver to a P.O.Box, and I can't have them delivered at home (while my fiancee knows I like diapers, she'd throw a fit if I had some delivered here :( ).

So, any thoughts on how to figure out a way to get purchases delivered?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I'm also in NZ, if you are in the south island and its possible for you to travel to dunners, theres a place you can go into and buy tena-slip / abri-form naps from.

or theres places like usl medical in chch etc..

check the yellow pages for 'medical products' and find a place you can go to and buy your nappies from its probably the easiest way.

A few tricks I have used to get nappies delivered without my girfriend knowing is;

Order the naps and make sure the package will be sign on delivery, then make sure you and your lady wont be home on the day you expect them to arrive ( usually delivered 3.30 -5.00pm). The courier company will leave a calling card usually in mail box. All you have to do is get to the mail box first, then take the card to the depot and pick up the package yourself.

Or if your woman works, pull a sick day when the nappies are meant to arrive.

Ive posted this trick somewhere on this site but i will say again,

Ring the nearest hospital from a cellphone or payphone (in case of callerID), ask for the district nurse and explain that you are on holiday and haven't brought enough incontinence products (or lost them) and was wondering if you may be able to purchase some from the hopsitals stocks!

This sounds nuts, but I did it and even got a whole 24 pack of tena-slips for 50% of the usual cost!!

Almost forgot the easiest solution, get your parcels delivered 'care of the counter' to a post office. I did this when I lived at home. I cant remember the reason I gave the post office people, but it was something like 'im between addresses at present' or just say that you work very long varying hours and need a package delivered somewhere you know it will be safe and is convinent for you to pick up.

As an after thought you can probably have the package left at the nearest courier depot for you to pickup.

As for not having as much choice as US folks, your not missing anything - they have trouble getting tena-slips (best nappie ever) and all the other store brands they have are much like their cars ~ poor construction and absolutley hopeless!

Dont go online try real medical suppliers like :

comfort care

baxter healtcare

usl medical

mass

ebos

etc etc, theres a few more

happy hunting

Thought I'd give you my list of nz suppliers in case you cant be arsed looking for them:

USL medical ~ molicare

0800 658 814

Kimberly Clark ~ depends (manufacturer)

0800 800 509

Baxter Healtcare ~ tena-slip (best)

09 574 2400 / 0800 229 837

Jacho? ~ funny looking expensive naps (never tried - no sample)

0800 333 903

Tyco ~ euron

0508 489 264

Global Medics ~ euron (i think)

0800 339 900

EBOS ~ tena slip (may be diverted to baxter)

0800 105 501

Comfort Care ~ tena slip

0800 629 629

Rotorua Hospital store (tudor healthcare) ~ tena & more

0800 441 221

I hope this list is still current, I only use South Island Medical Whosalers (477 7407) and go in to see them, but it should be a good starting point for you

Robert, thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Your suggestions are good, but mostly don't work for me. Both my fiancee and I work from home. We're pretty much here all the time, so that excludes pulling a sickie, or trying to get her out of the house when I expect a delivery :)

The hospital... Worth a try at some point, when/if I'm travelling on my own for business. I live right accross the street from our local hospital, and I'm on one of the Board's subcommittee. I am known there :/

I've dealt with USL medical, but they won't deliver to P.O.Boxes. I suspect they wouldn't deliver to "care of the counter". I did get them to deliver to the hotel I was staying at once, so might have to figure out a way to ask a local hotel to accept delivery for me, dunno. Don't want to be paying for a night there, the cost of the nappies would grow up exponentially ;)

Since I posted, I did get in touch with Comfort Care, who seem ok with shipping to a PO Box, so that might solve my problem, but they are having website and email problems currently, so that complicates things.

Phones are no good for me, as I have a hearing impairment. :-/

Anyway, thanks again Robert