LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Is It I Can't Even Find Attends Let Alone Abena, Tena, Etc In Stores Here :(

How come there's NO stores in my area (Raleigh, NC) that sells some good diapers. Not none of them crappy Depends, but what about Abena, Tena, Molicare, etc. NO WHERE around here sells anything like that. You'd think they would because they would get more business than just online :(.

Unfortunately it has to deal with the very real aspects of supply and demand for these products. As much as we dont like to admit it, those of us that wear diapers out of personal choice or make the best out of having to wear them are in the vast minority. For most stores out there, it is not a profitable decision to carry diapers that may or may not actually sell. They probably sell a minimal amount of the ones they do carry compared to other products. As a result, they arnt going to spend the time looking for a better product than the one they already have, especially when they probably have a good deal with company that makes them for buying in volume. So while it makes it a bit of a pain in the ass for those of us that like to wear diapers, in all likelihood, we will never see what we consider to be "good" diapers in a regular chain store (in the United States at least).

Unfortunately it has to deal with the very real aspects of supply and demand for these products. As much as we dont like to admit it, those of us that wear diapers out of personal choice or make the best out of having to wear them are in the vast minority. For most stores out there, it is not a profitable decision to carry diapers that may or may not actually sell. They probably sell a minimal amount of the ones they do carry compared to other products. As a result, they arnt going to spend the time looking for a better product than the one they already have, especially when they probably have a good deal with company that makes them for buying in volume. So while it makes it a bit of a pain in the ass for those of us that like to wear diapers, in all likelihood, we will never see what we consider to be "good" diapers in a regular chain store (in the United States at least).

True. On the other hand, maybe if they carried better diapers they'd have better sales figures. I can't help but think that to some extent the demand has followed the supply. Even just the incontinents measure in the hundreds of thousands (at least), so you'd think that there would be a market if only it were catered to.

And I think most chain stores are not going to be visited by people who are really going to USE their products.

Most people who shop at the big name brand stores are probably not heavy wetters and a Depends will cover their needs.

Where folks like me who are in diapers 24/7 but not bed ridden will go to a medical supply type store and purchase the good stuff.

Also take into account something like depends or dry comfort's are being used by people who won't be wearing the diapers very long, frequent changes.

Alas why most hospital diapers are so damn cheap, most patients won't be wearing them long enough for a low quality product to make a diffrence.

My last 3day/4nite stay at the local hospital, they came to change me every 3 hours wet or not :( Talk about lack of sleep.

My last 3day/4nite stay at the local hospital, they came to change me every 3 hours wet or not :( Talk about lack of sleep.

That sounds horrible. For any longer periods of time I would consider that 'torture'...

Where folks like me who are in diapers 24/7 but not bed ridden will go to a medical supply type store and purchase the good stuff.

But if it were more available, you might patronize a "regular" store. It does baffle me a tad that your Walgreens or what not don't even make a small effort to get at that market. Between incontinents and ABDLs there's a pretty sizeable market for quality adult diapers. I can sort of understand not wanting to cater to a "fetish" crowd, but if they're going to make value judgements on other people's decisions, maybe they shouldn't sell cigarettes!

But if it were more available, you might patronize a "regular" store. It does baffle me a tad that your Walgreens or what not don't even make a small effort to get at that market. Between incontinents and ABDLs there's a pretty sizeable market for quality adult diapers. I can sort of understand not wanting to cater to a "fetish" crowd, but if they're going to make value judgements on other people's decisions, maybe they shouldn't sell cigarettes!

Has nothing to do with what they judge to be a "better" moral judgement or anything of that nature. When companies decide what products they are going to sell on their shelves (especially large national chain stores) they look at how much money (percentage wise) each product directly or indirectly brings in. This is called Balance of Sales. Based on the BoS, the store will then allot so much of its shelf space to the individual products and where the space is located. The products with higher BoS also get more prominent shelving locations, so you can tell a products priority to the company by where it is located (against the back wall hidden from view is one of the lowest priorities). This allocation of shelf space occurs for most chain stores on a national level (espcially walmart and the bigger pharmacy chains) and shelving diagrams are often issued to the stores. Individual store managers may have some ability to change the plan to some degree, but not much. They will also carry those products that will bring them the most profit. Why do you think so many drug stores spend way more shelf space on the store brand diapers? They are more profitable, because they are made at a lower cost. For most stores out there, they will simply not take the risk on better diapers because of the potential of better sales from a community that can't be measured very much.

To us ABDL's and those who have to wear, it may seem obvious that if they carried a better diaper, then more people would shop there and buy the products. And as big as the community may be, its also spread across the United States and even the world. The concentration in any individual store's area is probably not sufficient to force the managers of the chains to actually seriously consider carrying better adult diapers. Especially not on a nationwide basis.

As much as I would love to buy my diapers in a store locally, I realize this is probably not going to happen any time soon (even if i was at home in the US ;-) ). In the meantime however, the internet is an awesome resource. I know it doesnt help some of us, especially the ones still at home (it sucks, I know, I've been there), but for the most part if you want better diapers, you can have a case of them shipped to your house, often with shipping charges waived, and they'll be there within 2-3 days.

Has nothing to do with what they judge to be a "better" moral judgement or anything of that nature. When companies decide what products they are going to sell on their shelves (especially large national chain stores) they look at how much money (percentage wise) each product directly or indirectly brings in. This is called Balance of Sales. Based on the BoS, the store will then allot so much of its shelf space to the individual products and where the space is located. The products with higher BoS also get more prominent shelving locations, so you can tell a products priority to the company by where it is located (against the back wall hidden from view is one of the lowest priorities). This allocation of shelf space occurs for most chain stores on a national level (espcially walmart and the bigger pharmacy chains) and shelving diagrams are often issued to the stores. Individual store managers may have some ability to change the plan to some degree, but not much. They will also carry those products that will bring them the most profit. Why do you think so many drug stores spend way more shelf space on the store brand diapers? They are more profitable, because they are made at a lower cost. For most stores out there, they will simply not take the risk on better diapers because of the potential of better sales from a community that can't be measured very much.

Not to mention the fact that many manufacturer's actually pay for shelf space in those chain stores. Usually through discounts on other products. Sort of like "You give me X amount of shelf space for my incontinence products and I'll give you an extra 2% off on all my disposable diapers and/or any other product I happen to make." When you're Tena or Abena or Molicare and don't have many other products to offer, Walgreens isn't going to give you a second look when Kimberly-Clark supplies so many products that are in high demand.

--Floaty