LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sitting In A Wet Diaper

I'm considering transitioning to wearing diapers during the day. My base diaper is the Assurance brand from Wal-Mart, with a booster. (Yes, I know what some of you are thinking...I've heard the criticisms before. <_< ) I just recently bought a case of Tena Ultras. They're no more expensive than Assurance + Booster, I like the cloth design for discretion, and the velcro tapes are wider than Tena's older, sticky version. So far the permanent end hasn't pulled off, as they used to do when I used Tena Supers. The evening the box arrived, I decided to try one out and walked 4-5 miles to and from a local supermarket. I must have used the diaper 5 times, and the Ultra worked wonderfully. Today I went to the (deserted) office to do some work, and noticed the same old problem. When sitting for long periods of time (changing positions, leaning back, wrigging around, etc.) I tend to leak fairly quickly under my butt...obviously where the most pressure is applied. Sitting for long periods just destroys the padding in the crotch, and then there's nothing to hold back the leaks. What to do?

Perhaps it's just a matter of finding the right brand? Or continuing to use a booster? Or wearing plastic pants? I'm wearing pull-ups to work most of the time now (Assurance, of course), and those may actually hold up better. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you deal with it? Thanks for any suggestions.

I was tired when I posted this and rambled a little...but nobody has anything encouraging to say?? Sigh.

Let me try rephrasing: who here wears and uses diapers at work, and sits at a desk all day? What kind of diaper do you wear? If you wear a lighter capacity diaper (maybe anything less than a Molicare Super or an Abena Super) for discretion, do you take any extra precautions against leaks?

I wear Abena Super to work and change 2 or 3 times a day. At my office I change more frequently that at home to keep from leaking and odor control. I've tried thicker diapers like Secure X-Plus and frankly sitting in a wet diaper for long periods of time is, for me, uncomfortable. I also find the cloth-like outer cover is much easier to wear for long periods of time so I use that style at work.

I have sat at the computer for many hrs (2 to 4) in a very wet diaper with no leaks. I always wear plastic pants for extra protection anyway. And I always use boosters. In a normal diaper 2 or 3 wettings is max before a leak happens. just my 2 cents.