LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Younger Adults?

Kermatt

Hi,

Part of my shame about wearing diapers is that almost all the advertising only has pictures of senior citizens.

I respect this, but I personally would SOOOOO love to see an adult diaper ad that featured adults in their twenties or thirties. Or what about an adult diaper package or coupon with the picture of a younger adult? I know it's been done as a joke, but has it ever been done seriously? Has any adult diaper company hilited adults in their ads who did _not_ have gray hair?

I just feel like images of non-seniors would decrease some of the shame in using an adult diaper. I only wear diapers when or if I want to, and I'm still bothered by only seeing senior citizens in the ads. I can only imagine the shame I'd feel if I actually were incont at my age or younger. EDIT: I DO HAVE SOME "LEGITIMATE" REASONS FOR WEARING PROTECTION, (though certainly not enough to justify an adult diaper).

K

The vast majority of legitimate diaper purchasers are senior citizens. (By legitimate I mean Incontinent) They aren't marketing them to ab/dl's which make up the younger diaper wearers. People in their 20's/30's don't wear diapers unless theres something really wrong or have a fetish. Id bet the percentage of incontinent diapers users of seniors is 90%+. I agree putting a non senior citizen on the package would help with the diaper stigma a little bet but itll never happen.

The vast majority of legitimate diaper purchasers are senior citizens. (By legitimate I mean Incontinent) They aren't marketing them to ab/dl's which make up the younger diaper wearers. People in their 20's/30's don't wear diapers unless theres something really wrong or have a fetish. Id bet the percentage of incontinent diapers users of seniors is 90%+. I agree putting a non senior citizen on the package would help with the diaper stigma a little bet but itll never happen.

phogendpf,

fist - you are oh so wrong about people in their 20-40s don't wearing diapers.... Read something about incontinence, hell there's many.

pads and diapers are often the only reasonable choice as anything else provides often more problems than advantages.

Catheters can be used, but they need a lot of care otherwise a bladder-infection is easy to catch... and that's just one of the possible problems.

Diapers are used by almost every bed wetter no matter of the persons age, as it is the cleanest and easiest solution to the problem in cases where desmopressin or a similar med doesn't work or there's a contraindication to it (many).

Incontinence, statistically proven is widespread throughout all the age-ranges. sure there are many senior citizens who will have to deal with inco-problems... but not only.

Incontinence can be caused by some diabetes-types - and diabetes too is wide-spread amongst most age-ranges.

Nerve damage (car accidents...)... or simply a overactive bladder, and many other reasons lead a large amount of young people to the need for incontinence products.

However reason for advertisement not to cater towards younger people (albeit TENA in europe recently had a few non-grey-haired faces on their ads) is due to the large Taboo-factor... Incontinence generally is a taboo - but less so with the elderly as most know that this is something most of us will have to deal with one day... but for younger persons it's still much of a social taboo... and advertisers for medical products don't usually like to break such taboos, as it could backlash negatively on sales-numbers.

But believe me, if you walk into any medical supply store and buy diapers for yourself and you're young - nobody thinks it's odd - because there are many.

Also when I had a serious bladder infection years ago which had me basically incontinent for some weeks... the urologist PRESCRIBED me my diapers for this time... he said it would be the easiest solution against wet pants and wet beds for that time. I asked him if that's something many in my age range have to deal with and he just smiled and said "more than you'd think"...

Guest Sissy lil Lucy

you know I see plent of posts like this and I always sit there thinking I agreee until I have a little think... and realise that I've never seen a Nappy/Diaper package with a person on at all old or young... and a lot of the advert on the tele seemed really to be aimed at middle aged women... even some at younger women too...

So I there really cause to complain... not for me... but maybe its about where we all live... afterall I'm pretty sure that most of the users of this site are from over the pond. (being inthe UK myself)

Lucy

I agree with Lucy that over here in the UK most packaging is just plain, maybe with a picture of the diaper on it. And yeah, most adverts are aimed at women going through the menopause.

Having said that, I also see the point you make about incontinence being associated with either bed wetting kids or old people. Even though we all know that it is something that happens to people of all ages.

I think this often comes down to the control you have over who knows. For example, if you are 10 and wet the bed it won't be up to you who knows and who doesn't, because your parents will tell who they want. If you are 80 and in the old folks home, again you don't have any real say in who knows. But if you are say, 20 - 50 it is totally up to you who you tell, and most people of that age will tell no one.

Beth

Does it really matter if they market to younger adults? Why would a companies advertising techniques matter to you and your personal connection with diapers? If we completely give up our own control of what is real and what is advertising then there is something wrong...

I dont think its so much the effect it would have on one's own proclivities towards diapers, but the attitudes of everyone else toward diapers. Outside our community, there is alot of feeling that if you wear diapers there is something wrong with you. Either in terms of an actual disability or in terms of extreme perversion. Not saying that either of these is the truth, only that it is the perception. Very few people not involved in the ABDL lifestyle can comprehend why anyone not medically inco would choose to wear diapers for any reason whatsoever. This largely has to do with the psychological conditioning our culture provides, but that is life. There could be some move more toward the center and more acceptance of diaper wearing if the advertisements were to feature younger models or actors, but to be honest thats not going to happen anytime soon. The most overt age bracket buying diapers is seniors. It most definitely isnt the only one, but it is the one that is firmly associated in the cultural mindset with adult diapers.

• 2 weeks later...