LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Secure X-plus Or Bambino?

I've been using the Secure Care X-plus now, and I do like them...alot.

But, I've been wondering if the Bambino diapers are just as good or better. I've heard some horror stories about ripped plastic and diaper blowouts with bambino, but I've also heard that the absorabancy is somewhat higher too. I am not incontinent...yet.. so it's a bit difficult to get really accurate judgements, haha. Well, I digress.

Opinions? Comparisons?

I've been using the Secure Care X-plus now, and I do like them...alot.

But, I've been wondering if the Bambino diapers are just as good or better. I've heard some horror stories about ripped plastic and diaper blowouts with bambino, but I've also heard that the absorabancy is somewhat higher too. I am not incontinent...yet.. so it's a bit difficult to get really accurate judgements, haha. Well, I digress.

Opinions? Comparisons?

They're seriously almost identical. I used Secure before Bambino was released and transitioned to Bambino immediately when they were released. I have never had a problem (hundreds upon hundreds of diapers later), similarly to not having problems with Secure.

Simply put, they are both excellent products. Probably the best on the market, in my opinion, that I've tried thus far (and I have used Abena/Molicare/many many many others. They aren't even 1/10 as good as Bambino or Secure, in my opinion, for several reasons).

I too have made the switch from abena x plus to secure x plus then to bambino.

The secure x plus is pretty much the same as the bambino's except the bambino's have a front waistband elastic where the x plus don't. The absorbancy is very close (maybe bambino is a bit more absorbant).

What I really like about bambino is the look. No wetness indicator, just a simple diaper that doesn't look like an "adult diaper" , Oh and it outperforms every diaper I've tried! For a few dollars more I would highly recomend them.

Like others, I have both Bambino Classico Small (for me) and Medium (for my kid sister Missy) and I also have both sizes of Secure X-Plus. The Bambinos do have the extra front waist elastic. And Bambino Classico are decorated. Otherwise they are so similar to the Secure X-Plus you might think they were made in the same factory on the same machine.

Sure, it is possible when the Bambino are being made the machine is set to put more pulp and SAP into the active absorbency zone.

The link to Carlos Richer's website:

http://disposablediaper.net/content.asp?2

He is the consultant of choice to baby diaper manufacturers and has a complete quality assurance lab. On his site he has instructions for school students who want to do scientific testing of diapers for science fair awards. The trick is you need to use a special sort of salt water to simulate urine. Reading about how to do the testing is fascinating, so go search for the information. Then make yourself a couple of gallons of that magic salt water, heat it to body temperature, and you can answer the question, does a Secure X-Plus or a Bambino Classico have more capacity. Then when you have the answer you can win the Daily Diapers Science Fair 2008!

Angela Bauer

Not meaning to hijack :mf_swordfight: this thread, but I have a couple questions that are somewhat related. A couple of you have siad that one of the differences between the Bambino and the Secure x plus is that the Bambino has an elastic waistband in front and the secure x plus does not. So here are my questions

1. Do any of the Secure diapers have am elastic waistband? I like tight fitting diapes and find that hard to achieve with diapers that have no waistband (it could be that i am putting it on wrong), which leads me to my second question.

2. Do any of you have tips on putting on a diaper with no waistband so that it is tight? Do you start with top or bottom tapes or do you do anything different when putting on a diaper with no waistband than when you put on a diaper that has a waistband.

Thanks!

(if one of the mods feels this should be a separate topic by all means!)

Not meaning to hijack :mf_swordfight: this thread, but I have a couple questions that are somewhat

2. Do any of you have tips on putting on a diaper with no waistband so that it is tight? Do you start with top or bottom tapes or do you do anything different when putting on a diaper with no waistband than when you put on a diaper that has a waistband.

Thanks!

(if one of the mods feels this should be a separate topic by all means!)

With that hard plastic taping surface on the front of the secure diapers, repositioning the tapes isn't a problem. By habit, I do the top tapes first, then the legs, and then the middle. But if you really want it tight, put on something tight on top of the diaper--like a pair of compression shorts. Just remember that they have a tendency to get damp and need washing at the end of the day.