LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Keep Those Nails Trimmed

Fridays are always a quiet day in my office, half of the people are usually out, so it's usually the day I'll wear a diaper to work. I went in with an Abena Super and a Tranquility stuffer, which is usually enough to hold me through the day.

Things were going fine until I got an e-mail from some friends who wanted to meet up after work. Using the diaper the whole day, it was really starting to swell up (I should probably start bringing a noon change...). To knock down on the bulge, I pulled out the stuffer and taped the diaper back on tight, no problem, but I knew that I'd have to watch myself on any more peeing. Which would have been a fine plan, if I hadn't been fiddling with things. The jeans I was wearing today are wearing away in the crotch. It's sort of fun having access to the plastic to fiddle around with under the table. Well, I'm a nail biter/puller, so I've always got something uneven going on with my fingernails.

You should have seen my face when one of my nails breached the diaper plastic.

As saturated as that thing was, any pressure at all caused seepage. I called it a pretty quick evening with my friends (non-aware) after that. I had been drinking enough, though, and I really had to go on my way home. As gently as I tried to control the flow, it was no good. Path of least resistance, I guess, but it was a looong train ride home.

Moral of the story: Trim your nails!

You did a great job explaining what happened. Daddy may never trim my nails again :blush:

I have tried to stretch a diaper while at school or forgot about it and it has led to the a very wet pair of pants before i got home.

Thank you for this. Did you wet your pants much?

Fridays are always a quiet day in my office, half of the people are usually out, so it's usually the day I'll wear a diaper to work. I went in with an Abena Super and a Tranquility stuffer, which is usually enough to hold me through the day.

Things were going fine until I got an e-mail from some friends who wanted to meet up after work. Using the diaper the whole day, it was really starting to swell up (I should probably start bringing a noon change...). To knock down on the bulge, I pulled out the stuffer and taped the diaper back on tight, no problem, but I knew that I'd have to watch myself on any more peeing. Which would have been a fine plan, if I hadn't been fiddling with things. The jeans I was wearing today are wearing away in the crotch. It's sort of fun having access to the plastic to fiddle around with under the table. Well, I'm a nail biter/puller, so I've always got something uneven going on with my fingernails.

You should have seen my face when one of my nails breached the diaper plastic.

As saturated as that thing was, any pressure at all caused seepage. I called it a pretty quick evening with my friends (non-aware) after that. I had been drinking enough, though, and I really had to go on my way home. As gently as I tried to control the flow, it was no good. Path of least resistance, I guess, but it was a looong train ride home.

Moral of the story: Trim your nails!

Hehe, good story, Jeremy!

I don't typically wear to work, but have had occasional issues at night where my diaper leaks due to tiny perforations in the plastic. My typical brand is just the Wal-Mart Assurance diapers with a doubler, but I've also heard of this happening with major brands like Molicare. What would I do if it happened at work? Hope my changing kit was in the car, or excuse myself really quickly and drive home. Yeah, you handled it as well as you could.

I remember a line from an old episode of The Simpsons, where Bart is completing a psychological survey for Homer. One question is "do you wet your pants?" Bart shrugs and says "even the best of us have occasional trouble!" and answers "yes". :)

@Ricky: My pants were definitely wet, but I don't know how visible it was to everyone. Since the hole was right on the bottom of the crotch, the damage was pretty much contained to that localized area. I was too ashamed to look back and see if the seat was wet, though.

@Depends: That was an oldie! Quote Smithers, as the goons are taking Homer away, "Careful men, he wets his pants."

In the 12 or so years that I've been wearing diapers (again), I've only had one break in the plastic, and I think that was because the rack in my closet that I stored them on had a rough spot on it, and I packed 'em in tight. Luckily I work in a really laid back office, so if worse came to worst, I'd just leave and call my boss and tell him that I was going home sick. On the way home, there's enough crazies on Chicago's L that little raises anyone's attention. The homeless and drunks (though I swear I've never done it) use a certain area of the cars as restrooms anyway.

Keep those nails trimmed.

That should go double for mommies, daddies, mee-maws and paw-paws. My grandmother took pride and great pains to keep her long nails looking good. And, everytime she'd change me, she would scratch the hell out of my diaper area, when applying ointment or lotion. Youch! Particularly painful when applied to a nasty, rashy area.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

I have my nails trimmed really short because of my kind of work anyways ... it would be a bad risk to have protruding or uneven nails anyways.

but I had other stuff (while cycling for example) rip or tear a bit of a diaper - especially if you don't know that your pants have a tiny rip somwhere there...

but I found that if I wear of normal briefs over my diaper it not only helps to really keep the diaper in shape and make it less visible, but it also protects the plastic a great deal...

besides this you maybe should consider a plastic pant...