LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

One Tape Per Side

Just thinkin...

Let's face it-- we're not shaped like a baby, anymore. Our diaper-area anatomy has changed: Girls' hips have widened; guys have (ahem) more down there. Everything has lengthened, grown and changed.

So, really-- would a one-tape-per-side diaper REALLY work?

I dunno about you, but my top two tapes aren't always parallel with the bottom two-- sometimes they're closer to the front (even if just a bit). And if anything has to be re-taped, I usually find it's just the TOP ones that need to be re-taped-- the bottom ones are just fine. With just one tape per side, that fine-tuning would be lost.

Adult disposible diapers came LONG after baby ones... and I'm guessing that during the early development of adult diapers, they actually started with that same one-tape design. But it didn't work-- for whatever reason; most likely our different grown-up anatomy. In any event, the multi-tape design worked better... and so, that's the diapers that we have now.

Hey, I totally understand the one-tape appeal-- I'm just as visual as anyone! It's a great WISH for an AB/DL diaper. I just wonder if it'd really work in practice... and not be just a leaky un-adjustable reality check.

Thoughts...?

wv.

I agree completely! One tape is unlikely to cut it for us girls because our hips are generally wider than our waists. I actually prefer 3 tapes per side for optimum fit.

Yep-- that's what I was thinking, Pip...

I had the lucky first oppertunity to diaper a babygirl a few months ago (not braggin, just sayin')... and I was surprised at the difference where her tapes landed, from mine. No way would a one-tape diaper have worked! Either it would've leaked to high heaven, or been uncomfortable for her. I put her in Depends Max's (the Bambies were back-ordered and didn't arrive in time :( ), and the 3-tapes worked just fine...

IF you doubt weather a single tape diaper is a good or bad thing, why not try them before you judge them :D

Below are links to 2 sites that carry them...

http://www.als-healthcareproducts.com/mode...absorbency.html

http://www.adultdiapers.org/wihlulbrme96.html

qwack

Thanks Duck, I'll check those out for future ref... but for now, I've just ordered a case of CRAZYBams :D

wv

I've tried the wing fold / vintage Pampers style diapers, which only have one (small) tape per side, and they seem to work okay. But they're rectangular, like a flat/prefold cloth diaper, so they fit completely differently than a modern brief. I haven't tried the one tape Kendall briefs.

But I tend to agree with your theory. I suspect that for the best fit, most people need at least two tapes. I'm wearing a three tape diaper right now, and the top tapes are closer together than the middle tapes, which are closer than the bottom tapes.

First of all, it should not come as a surprise, that there have been some thoughts going on, behind the 2 tapes pr. side. It does ofcourse have a reason. Designers probably found that, it worked better that way, for the full adult nappy style, than with only one tape... could thay make them with only one tape pr side, they had done it..just to cut the production cost by a penny or two..

Second, not all adult nappies use 2 tapes pr side, they new Tena Flex, with the belt around the stomach and the nappy to fold up and attach to the belt with velcro only uses one velcro tap pr side, if you untied the belt and just let it be held by the velco in each side, they actually feel more comfortable, as in less restrictive, and they still hold up fine..atleast for a person that sits all the time..

hird, does it really matter, that you must tape 2 tapes in each side, to me it seems as a very little extra effort to do, especially if it means a better fitting nappy, when talking about the fullface plastic backed ones, that hopefully soon will be totally gone from earth surface.

One tape per side would be nice, but it'd have to be a VERY wide tape to get a good fit.

- C.J.

Agreed. The individual tapes on multiple-tape-per-side diapers seem to be about the same size as the tapes from baby diapers back when they were plastic backed, and the tapes on adult one-tape-per-side diapers don't seem to be much bigger.

One tape per side would be nice, but it'd have to be a VERY wide tape to get a good fit.

- C.J.

See, that's what I suggested, a WIDE tape.

It's not the visual appeal, it's the speed of changing.

Big tapes! The idea of one set of them sounds cool, but I would like bigger tapes in general - even two or 3 with maby the botom two clear and the top one something cute like yellow or pink or blue so it is the one that shows. Small tapes just do not cut it on BIG babies.. I'm a 330 pounder and its hard to keep em stuck without a tight pair of grannie panties over the top which just spoils the experience if its Bambinos.