LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Family Crisis

justagirl4fun

Ava thought for a while before going downstairs and retrieving Scarlett's doll from the couch. She handed it to her dad and looked up at him, hoping he'd be back soon. "How long you gonna leave me?" She asked, putting her thumb in her mouth.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ava frowned and hugged her father. She still had huge tears running down her face. She went to her grandma and sighed, keeping her thumb in her mouth. "Hi grandma."

Lillian nodded and sighed the papers, and the watched her baby get whisked away from her.

Ava nodded. "Can we put a movie on?" She asked, rubbing her teary eyes. "And can they be chocolate chip?"

"They said they have no idea how she'll do. She could be fine or completely paralyzed." Lillian hugged her husband. "I feel bad for not taking her earlier.

"Of course we can make chocolate chip. And you can pick any movie you want."

"Babe, you didn't know. Neither did I. Between her hat and hood, there was so much padding I didn't think it could hurt that bad. And she's what, maybe three feet tall? It's not like she had that far to fall. I just don't understand how she possibly could have hit her head hard enough to cause this!"

"Of course. You can put everything in, if you want to," Edith said as she went to the pantry and found Ava and Scarlett's tiny aprons handing next to Lilian's. She frowned, wondering how her grandbaby was doing, as she grabbed Ava's.

"You're such a big helper! I bet these will be the best cookies ever!" Edith gushed as she put the cookies in the oven. "I guess we better start thinking about dinner. What would you like tonight? We can order anything you want and have it delivered," she offered, not wanting to go out and miss Sean if he called.

After several seemingly endless hours the neurosurgeon entered the waiting room. "Mr. And Mrs. Byrne, Scarlett is out of surgery," he informed them. "She's in recovery now, and will be brought to her room shortly. The operation went well, we were able to stop the bleeding. We will keep her sedated for the next day or so to let her rest and start healing. We won't really know how extensive the damage is until she wakes up but she is breathing on her own right now, which is a good sign."

"I wouldn't say okay. She's alive, she's breathing, but she's not out of the woods yet," the surgeon cautioned. "She's probably going to have a long road to recovery ahead of her," he added before standing up. "Someone will come get you as soon as she's brought to her room. I'll stop by later to check on her."

"Sure," Edith agreed as she dug through the drawer where they kept the take out menus. "What do you want?"

After the surgeon left Sean pulled Lillian into a hug. "It'll be okay. She's alive, that's all that matters right now. Everything else, we'll worry about when,the time comes.

"Of course you can." Edith picked up the phone and placed the order for their dinner.

Lillian nodded. "One hour at a time I guess."

Ava sat down on her step stool while her grandma ordered, knowing to keep quiet when people were on the phone. She let out a small sigh and rested her chin in her hands.

"Okay, it will be here in about 45 minutes. What would you like to do up til then?" Edith asked after hanging up.

A little later a nurse came to show the Byrnes to Scarlett's room. "Just to prepare you, it might be a little overwhelming seeing her," the nurse warned. "Her head is bandaged, and there are a lot of IVs and wires. As the doctor told you she will be sedated until tomorrow. You won't be able to hold her yet, but you can touch her and talk to her," she added as she stopped in front of a room in the surgical ICU. "I will be her nurse for the next 12 hours, and will be in frequently to check on her. Feel free to ask any questions you have."

(they already watched the movie)

Edith picked Ava up. "You already watched a movie. How about we play until the food gets here and then you can watch a movie before bed?" she suggested.

"She's not awake. The sedatives will keep her asleep until tomorrow. But yes, you can certainly hold her hand."