LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Did You Buy Today?

AutieAB

Today I bought my first 'flat style' cloth diaper. I've got quite a few of the fitted type and I've got quite a few toddler-size pre-folds that I use as stuffers in them but I've never bought an adult-size pre-fold until now. I've wanted one for a while :D.

On a whim, I also bought one of those Snappi cloth diaper fastners to go with it. The supplier and various other sites I've browsed say the larger size is perfectly OK for doing up adult cloth diapers. I don't know how reliable they will be (I suspect that tightness around the legs is where it will fall down if anywhere) but it was only a few bucks so if it doesn't work all that well it's no big deal really.

Both should be with me on Monday or Tuesday. Excited! :)

Lately, I'm making a concious effort to buy the things that I've always wanted to try but never really gotten around to. Next up on my list is a onesie or possibly a footed-sleeper.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The other day I bought a yard of primary blue PUL, and some red fleece. I'm going to try and make a diaper cover despite having never sewed anything in my life :lol:.

If that turns out half-decent, I want to get some cuter stuff and make some training pants. So far I've got the bits cut out and made a leg and waistband and they actually fit - so far so good :D

• 2 weeks later...

The other day I bought a yard of primary blue PUL, and some red fleece. I'm going to try and make a diaper cover despite having never sewed anything in my life :lol:.

And here it is :)

post-8967-0-26459700-1296773381_thumb.jp

The colours don't look right because those bloody CFLs always screw with my camera. The blue is royal blue PUL (shiny side in) and the orange is actually red :P fleece.

I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt :D. It fits right and it's nice and snug at the waist and leg bands although I think I used elastic that was a bit too sturdy - they don't quite flex as much as I'd like. I'm pretty sure something like it would have set me back $30 or more on eBay or Etsy but I only spent that much on everything I needed and I have enough of each material left to make at least one more with PUL and another that's just fleece so it's way cheaper too.

Definitely going for a pair of training pants next time - fundamentally the same but with soaker layers inside instead of fleece.

post-8967-0-26459700-1296773381_thumb.jp

The last things I bought were 2 MAM binkys (My fave brand. They're so cute, and they feel the best in my mouth and on my face) and a Playtex Baby binky holder- the pic is of a green one, but mine is pink with a flower on it. (The holder was actually free cause I had a coupon for $3 any Playtex Baby item, and it was like $2.97).

post-23020-0-44329500-1297111321_thumb.j

post-23020-0-34631900-1297111329_thumb.j

post-23020-0-44329500-1297111321_thumb.j

post-23020-0-34631900-1297111329_thumb.j