LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants And Pee-uuu! Smell

I've found that a mild dishwashing soak helps get the pee smell out of my ab's plastic pants. Sometimes I think I don't get all the soap out though, because he gets a rash around his waist occasionally. How do you treat plastic pants and prevent the smell?

I usually wear mine into the shower and wash them with baby shampoo-------rince well-----hang to dry.

I have seven pair hanging on the clothsline presently with a load of diapers. The seven went thru a gentle cycle with Woolite.

Usually just after changing, I hang the used pair up to dry on one of the ceiling fan blades.

You say he just gets the rash around his tum tum and not around the legs also?

I prevent rash with a cup full of white vinegar in the final rince..........it softens, too, but NEVER use Downey or the like.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I don't always get to wash mine out right away, and before I wash them, I put them through a rinse with baking soda added, then wash them. Sometime use some vinegar in the rinse and that helps too. Also turn them inside out before washing.

I just rinse my plastic pants out with a handheld shower and hang them to dry over the tub. I usually don’t let them sit too long with urine in them though. On the rare occasions when my plastic pants have an odor, I hand wash them in the sink with Ivory bath soap and rinse them a couple of times before hanging them up. The kind of plastic in the pants seems to make a difference too; vinyl holds more odor than polyurethane.

Hi mummy charlene,

My mummy Elaine just washes our wet plastics in the utility sink, with wasing powder. But any soiled ones get rinsed to remove any soiling then get left to soak for a couple of days with our terry nappies, before they are hand washed in soapy water.

• 6 years later...