LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Carousel Diapers in XL

I read a post from a couple years ago about somebody really enjoying Carousel diapers. Even though that person had stated they were difficult to get or not being offered, I did a search on them and was pleasantly surprised to see follow-up messages in other sources saying they had recently started selling again. I was further pleasantly surprised to see they were being offered in XL.

I'm not going to claim this to be a full review compared to others that are posted here about diapers, I just am going to share what I like about them and try to relate them with some other brands that I also have experience with.

Pulling the diaper out of the bag, the first thing I noticed of course was the plastic texture the diaper is made from. This is a plastic backed diaper. As most people that enjoy plastic diapers know, the plastic backings out there many times will vary how plasticky they are or how papery they are. To me the gold standard would be something that's unattainable still, which is the 1970s Pampers plastic that had that unique diamond embossed texture to it. Understandably everybody's desire for their ideal material will be different too, so consider factoring that in when you read my opinion.

The Carousel diaper has a very very nice plastic texture to it. It's very smooth, seems strong, yet has a very fine grain to it that's hard to explain. One thing I can say is it probably comes closest so far that I've worn to what I would love to see using the Pampers plastic as a reference. It's almost as if they were using the same plastic from Pampers, without the diamond embossing texture. Although, the Carousel diapers plastic despite feeling very plasticky does not crinkle as one might expect given what I described. Anyway, they feel great to touch, run your hands over, and be in.

The inside lining of the diaper is incredibly soft. I love the texture of the topsheet and the padding is relatively fluffed out of the package. Some diapers feel very stiff when you first pull them out of the package and you have to try to fluff them up and sometimes that doesn't fully help. These I feel like you barely have to do that, if anything just because they're compressed but not because they're stiff.

OK, let's say we rate the thickness on a 1 to 5 scale based on volume, not on quality, with 5 being the thickest padding and 1 as the thinnest. I would put the Carousel at about a 3.5. For those active and wearing during the day that preferred discreetness, this thinner padding might be welcome . The diaper has a wide crotch that holds diaper stuffers very easily, maybe even another diaper. For those wanting thicker, you can also put your favorite diaper stuffers in. I actually opened a bag of old stay free Maxi pads Classic Shape that I had and put two of them side-by-side as stuffers. This diaper looks even cuter being all bulked up with padding !

The diaper fits my body great. I am about 6 feet and 200 pounds with some bulk around my belly. The XL wraps around the sides and onto the front panel very comfortably. One thing I absolutely love is how these diapers have a nice high-rise to them. They go up my back quite nicely, and still still reach my belly button or just above. Of course if you prefer a lower rise, it's very easy to fasten the tapes and then fold the waistband down. It's always great to have a little extra that you can cut back on, versus the other way around. 

The tapes on these diapers are probably tied for number 1 in my experience. I have several other premium diapers that are great in many ways, but I have to use masking tape to prevent the tapes from popping off or the anchor of the tape from ripping the plastic because I like to wear them pretty snug. This diaper does not require any extra taping! The diaper has a dedicated plastic landing zone that works very well, but I did find the regular plastic backing to be strong enough to support a tightly taped fastening.

The appearance and color scheme of this diaper is very pleasant. The majority is white, while the side panels have pretty pastel pink and blue colors. The dedicated landing zone also has a nice cute colorful pink and blue carousel.  I feel like for many that aren't into the AB side of things, the colors and design is mild enough that one might still enjoy them if they're strictly DL. I personally am DL, but I have a side of me that really enjoys cross-dressing so even though I'm not AB I don't mind mild themes along that line. One minor complaint I do have in this department is that they put the letters ABDL just below the plastic landing zone. It's a relatively small font and not terribly intrusive, I just felt like it was unnecessary and also might spoil that immersion factor for anybody that is AB because baby diapers necessarily have the word baby written all over them, do they?

The big issue is the price. If I'm not mistaken, these are some of the most expensive per diaper cost I've seen. I've only seen them through that store that's named after a rain forest (Allowed to say?), and they don't sell them by the case. But, there's a tab you can click on that turns it into a "special offer" where it will auto calculate a discount depending on how many bags you buy. Even with a discount it is quite up there.

All that being said, I would definitely recommend checking them out!

• Like 2