LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Real Dads On Here

Not exactly a lifestyle thing for me. I became incontinent when my kids were quite young (preschool age). Now they are in college, and I still need diapers. I have kept it from them, as has the Mrs.

By the time I ‘rediscovered’ my interest in nappies all of my children were school age and well out of nappies.

When they were young/babies I didn’t enjoy changing their nappies and I don’t ever recall thinking that I wish I was wearing one too. 

I’ve been doing “little boy having accidents” and baby in diapers role play since I was 13.

A lot of it relates to over-the-top shyness and shame about basic bodily functions in my own early childhood. I was so determined to spare my own kids (three of them, now grown) that shyness and shame. And I’m pretty sure we did.

A great thing about parenthood is it takes whatever odd wounds and hangups you have from your own early childhood and surrounds you with opportunities to do better, with the people you love most in the world. Being surrounded by my kids’ dirty diapers and the normal mishaps of toilet training for a bunch of years made it all so normal, in such a good way. It didn’t cure my own fetish but it made it all more balanced. It left me with much more of a sense of humour and self compassion about my baby and little boy self, needing to be changed. My continuing need and desire to hang around here and sometimes play like this feels like self-care for that little boy.

• Like 2