LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gendered diaper padding is a bummer

Mostly I'm admittedly referring to pullups mostly - especially depends and goodnites- for me they're a way to remain discreetly padded even when I'm not looking to wet. There's a bit of a struggle in that all the "men's" products have minimal rear padding so I literally can't use them without really risking a leak and I can't readily make my urine defy gravity. So that's a bummer. But the "women's" have much more traditionally feminine colours (depends) or designs (goodnights). Either way I'm reminded things aren't quite as I'd wish when I just want to enjoy feeling like a little boy not quite ready to be trusted to keep his pants dry. 

I think you are always going to have that problem with throw-aways. They are minimalistic, meaning, just the basics to do the job with no frills and as cheply as possible. Males and femailes wet differenlty. Because a throw-away uses gelatinization rather than wicking wetness away, and the wetness cannot move from it's spot, the padding and SAP must be arranged to suit how the specified user wets. Since cloth diapers move wtness around and can be as thick or multiple as you wish The same diaper and fold can be used by either boys or girls. Also cloth diapers, as stated can be multiplied, they need not be the minimum that it takes to do the job, which is why rubber panties are full-cut. So for a throw-away to be effective, the question is "Effect for wwhom?" and it must be coformed to the needs of that "whom" to be economical to use. who wants to pat $3.00 for a thing they will use once and toss in the garbage? That would come to about $9 a day at least. I will let you figure it out from there; per month and per year if you are 24/7/52

On 3/3/2021 at 11:21 PM, Little Christine said:

Because a throw-away uses gelatinization rather than wicking wetness away, and the wetness cannot move from it's spot, the padding and SAP must be arranged to suit how the specified user wets

Now hold on a second, that's not exactly true. SAP on its own would do that, but in a disposable diapers there's always a mixture of pulp and SAP. 
Granted, the contemporary tendency towards making thinner products for discreet value, whilst still flexing gazillion milliliters of (theoretical) absorbency leads to that ratio being lowered, which holds especially true for daytime diapers and pull-ups, but in proper diapers, there's still plenty of pulp to help spread that wetness around, sometimes complemeted with a soaker pad. 

What actually prevents wetness from spreading rearwards is compression. I.e. as you sit on it with your full weight, the padding is squeezed so tight not a lot of wetness can wick through, and by the way, it affects cloth diapers too (I'm sure you know how wringing works), albeit not as much, so don't act as though cloth diapers are completely exempt from this. For which reason, overabundance of mid-rear padding, specially on pull-ups that aren't really meant for more than one or two wettings, would not improve things all that much, once that front is saturated.

By the way, disposables are also stackable (to a point, you get diminishing returns, after three to four layers it's a waste), but since there's a limit of how many booster pads one can insert in a disposable diaper before it renders the leak guards useless and becomes counterproductive, the only option that's left is to cut away part of sufficient area from the outer shell, and replace it with something permeable (here are my instructions on how to do it, for anyone interested), which is time consuming (but so is washing, drying and ironing flats).

Your general contempt for disposables, overall attitude of a "glorious cloth diaper wearing master race" and "cloth&plastic über alles" opinions aren't exactly breaking news at this point, but here you're just straight up ignoring facts, or making shit up and presenting it as facts.

Well, if throw-aways were not a problem, this thread would not be here nor would there be a need to have one for boys and one for girls since one would work equally well for both, nor would the constant refrain about leaks or not spreading the wet around; both of which are numerous. I did not post them over the last 10 years.I have experienced both cloth and disposables for myself

No, the actual issue is not cloth vs. disposable but thick vs. thin, and if musicaddict needs something that's discreet but with adequate absorbency, cloth is hardly a solution. Only solution that comes to my mind is, try different brands and see what works best.

Male vs. female anatomy is also secondary. Main problem is human anatomy. Our hips, loins, crotches and buttocks don't exactly have shapes and functions that go very well with wearing diapers. It's almost as if human body wasn't adapted for urine collection by absorption directly from the outlet.  Modern diapers are a compromise between multiple interests that come in conflict with each other (fit, absorption, comfort, cost, profit, environment protection  ...), ideal solution doesn't exist, best we can do are variations of focus on one or other aspect, and cloth is NOT a solution that's objectively better than disposable in every single one of those aspects, anyone's opinions notwithstanding.

• Thanks 1