LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After much consideration - ABENA Comfort is my 24/7 choice

Well, after doing the math on how often I change, how much each brand of diaper I have purchased in the past can hold (or how long during a day), and the cost of the various brands I have purchased, I've come to my optimum choice.

Abena Abri-Form Comfort L4 is my most economical diaper.

I have been using the L4 for my overnight diaper for several months but have experimented with a variety of other diapers for daytime use.  I've tried the following:

• Tranquility ATN (large) - Rated at 34 oz (935 mL) but realistically hold about 500-600 ml or just about 1.5 to 2 full wettings.  Maybe 4-5 hours during the day.  Cost: $82/case of 96 or $0.85416 each
  • Total Dry Plus - Rated at 1800 mL - I still wear it about 2-3 wettings before spillage.  About 4-5 hours during the day, before changing.  Cost: $65/case of 72 or $0.90277 each
  • Total Dry Overnight - Rated at 2500 mL - Still I only USUALLY get about half a work day before having to change due to spillage into my plastic pants.  Cost: $67/case of 56, or $1.1964 each
  • Abena L4 - I put them on around 10-11 pm and wear them until about 2 pm before needing to be changed usually.  Cost through Amazon - $17.28/bag or $1.44 each.  Cost with Amazon "Subscribe & Save" (5% discount): $16.42/bag or $1.37 each.  Cost with Amazon "Subscribe & Save" (max 15% discount): $14.67/bag or $1.224 each

Based on wearing one Abena L4 overnight for up to 14-16 hours and two of my daily diapers most days for the remaining 8 hours, and based on the prices - the Abena L4 is the most cost effective to wear twice a day.  Here's why:

• Amazon has the L4 plastic for $53.12 for a case of 36 (three bags of 12).  That's "ONE ITEM" when counting subscription discounts
  • Amazon has the L4 plastic for $17.28 per bag of 12 - buying three bags using "QTY-3" is $51.84 ($1.28 less than a case) - Still QTY-3 is considered "ONE-ITEM" for subscriptions
  • Buying the bags separately as "QTY-3" (one item) gets a 5% discount when doing a "Subscribe & Save" repeating order.  This means each bag is now $16.42 (saving 86 cents per bag)
  • Buying at least 5 separate items gets maximum discount of 15%.  I ordered five separate items:
  1. 2 bags - ($14.69/ea = $29.38)
  2. 1 bag  - ($14.69)
  3. 1 bag  - ($14.69)
  4. 1 bag  - ($14.69)
  5. 1 bag  - ($14.69)  - now that I've got 5 items in the "Subscribe & Save" order, I qualify for the max 15% discount

Total price for six bags (72 diapers) or two cases (36 each - 72 diapers) is now 14.69 per bag, or 88.14 for two cases (72 diapers).  My re-order timing is 5 weeks so every 5 weeks I will get 72 diapers.  That is two per day for 5 weeks and one day.

I am getting my Abena Abri-Form (poly) L4 diapers now for just over $1.22 each now.

• 4 weeks later...

That's cool.  I'm still trying to work out what my favorite and simultaneously most cost-effective diaper is.  I get free ones through Medicaid, but they're cheap and leak easily, and I can normally only go a couple of hours before having to change, or risk leaks.  I like to supplement them with higher quality diapers when I can afford it.  I've got some Northshore Airpremiums and (I think) Tena Tranquility diapers coming that I've never tried before.  I'm excited to test them out.