LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ok Tell Me About Self Cath

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

Looks like i cant fully empty and that may be an option.

I looked at a few sites that sell suplies to do it but there are all types.......

This is the who what were thread.......and how. I had a Doc look inside my bladder and it hurt to pee after that for 5-6 days so i am scared

I self cath 4-5 times a day. It's a bitch... no doubt. The risk of infection is HUGE! I take a prophylactic dose of antibiotics and still get 5-6 of them a year. After most cathing, my bladder spasms like like crazy (not fun).

You do get used to it for the most part but there are times when I think I'm going to ask the urologist to simply botox my urinary sphincter.

Then there's the weird looks you get in public bathrooms. All things being equal, I think I'd rather just wear diapers 24/7. Right now, I have to cath to empty all the way (like you).

Mo

I self cathed 3 times a day for 9 yrs till infections got the better of me.most urologists tend to start you off with too big a cath and that makes it that much more uncomfortable and causes spazms by emptying too quickly.mine always seem to want to start with 16fr but i found that a 12 fr would do fine for me.i finally had the valves cut and the prostrate opened up (TURP) .last week i had the prostrate removed and now my ureter is connected straight to the bottom of my bladder with no valves any more.will be interesting to see the results when the catheter comes out next week,should just trickle all the time every time the kidneys fire.

As mogumbo says, the risks of infection are huge. The complications of infection include kidney failure and death.

You would be better seeing a doctor. If you're not able to completely empty your bladder, there is a reason. This could be an enlarged prostrate, which requires treatment, or even a bladder cancer.

I'm interested in mogumbo saying he takes anti-biotics prophetically.

Do you get these from a Dr.?

Taking anti-biotics prophetically is incredibly dangerous. They will destroy your gut bacteria leading to poor nutrition. They will also allow many harmful bacteria to develop a resistance to anti-biotics.

The organisms that tend to cause catheter induced infections are all present in your colon. They are necessary there, not least to produce vitamin B and some other nutrients. Also, your gut is well protected from any harmful effects.

But these organisms are very harmful in the sterile environment of the urethra and bladder. Hence the infection.

It is entirely because of prophylactic anti-biotic use, mainly in Africa, that so many harmful diseases are making such a dramatic resurgence.

One of the most surprising thing I continually find on personal sites such as this is the incredible abuse people do to their own bodies, usually completely ignorant of the consequences.

I take a low dose of antibiotics (prescribed by a physician) as well as a moderate dose of pro-biotics every day. This is because I was contracting way too many UTIs, many leading to kidney infections and twice to sepsis (where I almost died). I only have one kidney and it doesn't function all that well. I'm well aware of the downside of such a course. I'm actually considering asking for a botox treatment in my urinary sphincter so I can get off the cathing. Thanks for your concern.

Mo

Since you're under the care of a physician, may I wish you good luck and my very best wishes.

I do hope you were not offended by my presumptions.

I have heard and seen too much of this sort of self abuse based upon misinformation. Always leading to long term suffering for the individual and others.

I thank you for clarifying the position as it applies in your case.

No offense taken.

Mo

As mogumbo says, the risks of infection are huge. The complications of infection include kidney failure and death.

You would be better seeing a doctor. If you're not able to completely empty your bladder, there is a reason. This could be an enlarged prostrate, which requires treatment, or even a bladder cancer.

I'm interested in mogumbo saying he takes anti-biotics prophetically.

Do you get these from a Dr.?

Taking anti-biotics prophetically is incredibly dangerous. They will destroy your gut bacteria leading to poor nutrition. They will also allow many harmful bacteria to develop a resistance to anti-biotics.

The organisms that tend to cause catheter induced infections are all present in your colon. They are necessary there, not least to produce vitamin B and some other nutrients. Also, your gut is well protected from any harmful effects.

But these organisms are very harmful in the sterile environment of the urethra and bladder. Hence the infection.

It is entirely because of prophylactic anti-biotic use, mainly in Africa, that so many harmful diseases are making such a dramatic resurgence.

One of the most surprising thing I continually find on personal sites such as this is the incredible abuse people do to their own bodies, usually completely ignorant of the consequences.

There are probably lots of use that have to take antibiotics prophylacticly,i am very suseptable to infection and even got one from a cystoscopy the doctor did in hospital,that one decided to bypass the bladder and hit the kidney instead.under doctors care and control the low amount of use should not be harmful,in 2000 i was on cypro for 10 months and the biggest problem was the fungus infections on the skin in the diaper area from all the good bacteria in the bladder being killed of as well,so there are risks and a doctor should always be involved

There are probably lots of use that have to take antibiotics prophylacticly,i am very suseptable to infection and even got one from a cystoscopy the doctor did in hospital,that one decided to bypass the bladder and hit the kidney instead.under doctors care and control the low amount of use should not be harmful,in 2000 i was on cypro for 10 months and the biggest problem was the fungus infections on the skin in the diaper area from all the good bacteria in the bladder being killed of as well,so there are risks and a doctor should always be involved

Be VERY careful with Cipro and other fluoroquinolones (like Levequin, Noroxin, Cipro and Floxin). They can cause lesions that settle in the major tendons, optic nerve and the brain. These drugs caused me to lose both my biceps tendons (a week apart). I was lucky, someone else I knew went blind (permanently) from the same drugs. If a doctor prescribes these, I always ask for an alternative. Both my arms are now disabled as a result.

Mo