LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Avoiding leaks

britboy

Hi All

It looks like my current batch of diapers are too small. They work just fine for the first wet, but then they sag and leak on the second, even though they can absorb more

Until my next, bigger batch arrive, anyone got any idea how I can prevent these ones leaking?

12 minutes ago, britboy said:

Hi All

It looks like my current batch of diapers are too small. They work just fine for the first wet, but then they sag and leak on the second, even though they can absorb more

Until my next, bigger batch arrive, anyone got any idea how I can prevent these ones leaking?

Do you flood your diaper or when you wet, do you let it out in small amounts?  If your diaper is already wet, then the wet area might not be able to handle a second flood but might slowly absorb it if you let it out slowly.  You didn't say what brand of diaper you are using and that will help us.  Some brands will only hold one wetting if they are cheap store type brands, especially if it was a pretty big wetting.  Most premium brands will hold several wettings.  It's my guess that if your diaper is sagging and leaking on the second wetting you either have cheap diapers that will hold only one wetting, you are flooding them all at once with a huge amount, or you are really peeing a lot into your diaper, more than the average store brand diaper can hold.  it may be a combination of all three.  Try and get a package of cheap generic size 3 baby diapers and use one inside your adult diaper as a stuffer to help you get through that package.  My guess is even if you get the next larger size of this same brand, you will have the same problem.  I suspect it's not the size of the diaper but it's lack of quality that's the problem. 

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Do you flood your diaper or when you wet, do you let it out in small amounts?  If your diaper is already wet, then the wet area might not be able to handle a second flood but might slowly absorb it if you let it out slowly.  You didn't say what brand of diaper you are using and that will help us.  Some brands will only hold one wetting if they are cheap store type brands, especially if it was a pretty big wetting.  Most premium brands will hold several wettings.  It's my guess that if your diaper is sagging and leaking on the second wetting you either have cheap diapers that will hold only one wetting, you are flooding them all at once with a huge amount, or you are really peeing a lot into your diaper, more than the average store brand diaper can hold.  it may be a combination of all three.  Try and get a package of cheap generic size 3 baby diapers and use one inside your adult diaper as a stuffer to help you get through that package.  My guess is even if you get the next larger size of this same brand, you will have the same problem.  I suspect it's not the size of the diaper but it's lack of quality that's the problem. 

Once I start peeing, I havent been trying to stop myself, so I guess i'm flooding them, especially seeing as i;ve been making sure i REALLY needed to go before wetting

And i'm using these

https://www.thedottydiapercompany.co.uk/product/plain-and-simple/

Not familiar with that diaper but they do say high capacity.  My guess from what you say is you are flooding your diaper way too fast with a large amount of pee.  Think of filling a glass of water.  If you turn the tap on high and stick the glass under it, look how much splashes out over the top.  Now turn the tap on lower and stick the glass under it.  The slower stream allows the glass to fill without splashing out over the top.  Try not holding it as long before you pee so you won't flood so much, and maybe try and slow it down, or stop and go as you wet to give your diaper some time to absorb.