LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Speaking with a therapist... and mentioning diapers... anyone been there?

I confided in my therapist about my desires to wear diapers as an adult and she was more than ok with it and encouraged me to continue and make it a healthy part of my marriage.  My need for diapers were never understood by my wife and I had lots of feelings of resentment to my mom for keeping me in diapers so late into childhood, which caused my attachment to them.  I felt that this was something that I was ashamed about and hated myself for it.  My therapist helped me accept myself as an abdl and to love all the things about me.  She encouraged me to bring my wife to sessions to discuss my diapers and hopefully accept them as part of me.  It have been a journey and my wife is slowly coming around, I.e. she is no longer critical of my abdl needs,  but has yet to openly support them either.  These are baby steps and I appreciated my therapist’s help for self discovery and internal peace. I stopped going to therapy about 2 years ago and sometimes wish we explored a couples session together to further discuss on abdl could work and thrive in a marriage.  

• Thanks 1
  • 3 years later...

I have gone to counseling and told counselors that I love wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. I found that there are some good counselors but they are rare. Many will not discuss a diaper fetish with you because the habit is something they do not identify with or they are trying to take advantage of a client who is a diaper lover by charging an insane amount of money for a 50 minute session. I also would say make sure you sign inform and consent and confidentiality paper work before saying anything in session. This keeps you therapist from repeating anything you say unless you are a treat to yourself or others. I find that there are some therapist that are lacks with you confidentiality. I had one approach me to sell me their latest book on being a diaper lover that would be an autographed copy. 1 I do not want an autographed book laying around. I am not out with my habit and the therapist knew this. The therapist is not suppose to make contact with you outside a session unless their making an appointment with you directly. A lot of therapist encourage sites like this without considering what may windup  online. There are many that want multiple session without considering your online privacy and insurance. I would just take these factors into account when looking for a therapist. I found a great therapist now but I am having to wait for counseling because of privacy and insurance issues I have gotton to the point I wantto wear cloth doubled diapers and plastic pants 24/7 and this causes an issue with family because I am not out with my being a cloth diaper lover.

I don't have a therapist but see psychiatric community nurse who monitors my mental health condition. I've had him as my community nurse for 7 years am pretty comfortable with him and being around him. These nurses are holistic so cover all things to do with you health and well-being. He brought the subject up over a coffee why I don't ever talk about my sexual needs and how do I define myself, he knows I'm out as gay but would prefer a platonic relationship and he asked me if I ever masturbate which I told him I do sometimes. He brings the subject of fetishes up and told me he worked with people who like to pee themselves and its okay too do that. I knew straight away he was referring about me and I think he was trying to make me feel comfortable and open up to him about my nappy fetich and wettings and messings. I didn't feel ready as I think me liking nappies and wanting to wear 24/7 and become incontinent is a private thing that I don't feel ashamed about or embarrassing about so don't need to discuss it.

I know they know that I wear nappies 24/7, my community nurse might know its a fetich but I want to be identified as double incontinent not as a fetishist. One time when I got involuntary hospitalised I had to ask another nurse to enter my bedroom in the group home and bag up the used incontinence nappies on my floor and take them to the dustbin for disposable, I was worried about them festering while I was in hospital and she did that for me with no questions asked. Also I have something called a deputy which means I lack capacity with my finances, similar to a Conservatorship what Britney Spears had in the States. I got the person who manages my disability benefits to set up a auto order every 28 days for delivery of my incontinence nappies and wet-wipes. The group home staff know about my nappy wearing but its never talked about. They sometimes tell me if I've leaked or if something is peaking out. I don't purposely expose my nappies and try to be discreet but I know its known. I'm totally independent with changes and hygiene. I also use very clinically smelling wet-wipes to clean myself every time I change.

The other people in the group home also know about my nappy wearing. They are okay with it.

The reason why I live in a group home is because I have an intellectual disability. I have always had this need to be cared for and looked after. I've been interested in intellectual disabilities since I was 10 when in the foster home I was in at the time my foster parents always talked about how wonderful the other foster child was and he couldn't help his behaviours because he was disable. I already had a nappy fetish at that age and I thought to myself I wish I was disabled like the him and be given love and attention which I had lacked during my early childhood.. This is why I have BIID around wanting to be intellectual disabled and have a low mental age and be looked after and cared for. I achieved this as I now live in a group home, I had a IQ test and scored a low score. So know I have a intellectual disability and am living the dream. I'm transitioning into total double diaper dependency and when this is achieved I'm going to get it put on my medical records, I'm going to have a yellow continence dustbin on the group home complex to dispose of my incontinence waste so its known in the community that an incontinent person lives at this property. And then I'm going to start wearing my leather special needs helmet in the community when I go with my support staff. I'm happy.