LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Isolation

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay, okay." I set the cup down and cuddle you. "Nobody's forcing you to drink anything, baby."

I'm surprised she doesn't want a drink. Normally that's the first thing people want after they throw up.

I hold you close and rub your back. You're still in just a diaper and socks.

"I know you are, Maddie. But I'm gonna be here for you every step of the way. You'll never be alone in this."

I know I shouldn't promise something like that. But what else could I say? She needs me for more than just physical care. And I did intend to keep that promise to the best of my ability.

I continue to rub your back until you calm down.

“This is my first round of intense chemotherepy. I’ve already gone through 3 rounds of chemo 2 rounds of radiation. And a surgery. All with my mom being here.” Starts to sob more 

“now Alex once again gets all my mom attention”

"This treatment is different. You need to be isolated from any potential germs because your body has no immune system right now."

(That's how it works, right?)

I hold you in a tight hug.

I had seen many horrible things in the Chemo ward. Horrible things. And yet this one little girl crying in my arms completely broke my heart. I almost started to tear up as well as I held her and comforted her as best I could. "It's going to be okay, Maddie. It's going to be okay..."

I go back to comforting you. "It's okay, baby. We have plenty of diapers and I don't mind changing you. Please don't cry." I keep cuddling you to help you calm down and to make sure your bladder's empty.

"Shh shhhhh, it's okay, little one. That's one of the side effects of the drugs. You have no control over it right now. Just try to relax and I'll change you again when you've calmed down a bit, okay sweetheart?"

I pull you away from my body and look into your eyes "Don't say that! Don't ever say that! You are a precious gift from God. You can't give up now! You've got your whole life ahead of you. You have to be strong. You've gotta stay strong!"

I don't know why this happened, but I suddenly started crying at the end of that sentence and went back to holding her close to me, as much for my comfort as hers.

Maddie just sliently cries. Maddie thinks. She has heard that a lot. 'stay strong. stay strong.' She is only 7. Maddie can't. She's been battling cancer since she was almost 5. This is too much for her. Too much. Maddie needs someone to take care of her. Take this pain away.

In between her sobs. "I'm sorry."

"I... I know, baby. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I'm the one who should be sorry."

A bizarre idea came to my mind. "If you want to request a new nurse to take care of you I'll... *sniffle* I'll understand."