LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ultimate Site

Ok, I want everyone's opnions on this one.

If an ultimate diaper site was going to be created, (Diaper site: meaning a site that sells diapers and AB products, not a forum cuz we all know DD is the best!) what exactly would you want it to be like? What products would you want it to sell, what would you like it to look like, what other features would you like it to have, etc.

There are several great diaper and AB sites, but (to me) each one seems to be lacking something. Some just feel fake, and some the service just sux. I just want to know what everyone would like to see in that kind of site.

Guest John_Q_Sample

Well I gotta say, I hate when I go to a site that sells diapers and the picture of the product is just a thumbnail of the packaging... drives me crazy! Close-ups of the actual product, so one can examine before purchase :thumbsup:

Discreet brown packaging with only an address (and not company name or anything revealing) on return address :thumbsup:

Quick delivery :biker_h4h:

Actual models showing off the merchandise, instead of mannequins? :whistling:

I know that may be asking a bit, but I promise it will get people looking!!!

Guest John_Q_Sample

If you want it to seem "real" instead of lacking, try selling the greatest variety of AB/DL products possible. By offering 20 different diapers, plastic pants in every color and size (as well as footed sleepers and onsies, etc) people will see that this site means business and is not just some ass who bought Depends to sell at a profit to closet kinksters. People will know by the quality and variety of your product if you are the real deal... good luck!

Funny you mentioned that...I actually thought about trying that a few times, basically there are 2 things holding me back - decent drop shippers (I have no room to really stock all that much) and wood working tools (for a hand-full of "accessories" I would just make myself once an order for it comes in) - the tools I know will come fairly soon 'cause I need them for a different project anyway. (Custom cabinets in a house my GF and myself are fixing up, vacant now).

Anyway, items to put on it - basically as much of a variety as I can get of diapers (both disposable and cloth), plastic/vinyl pants, outer clothing. And some furniture built by me after it is ordered (Crib, changing table, play pen, exc.). Perhaps later add other accessories like big bottles/nipples, big pacifiers, exc.

All products to be shown in categories, with thumb nails, but able to click the thumb nail to get a "Full-sized" picture.

MAYBE add a forum/chat room eventually (depending on how well it was doing.

Oh, oh thing that's a MUST for ANY online business anymore. You need an account with Overture or your not likely to even get noticed....

Hi Baby D, All the things mentioned so far are essential, like variety and fast and discreet shipping.

I would like to see the on-line site set up as the ultimate nursery. As I pass my curser over items in the nursery, text will be displayed telling me what they are and/or related items w/links to those items in stock w/detailed pictures, write-ups, and feedback. Any items in the nursery not sold on this site will offer links to other websites that do. The nursery should also appear active with at least one individual in the nursery representing each element of the community, such as a Mommy, Daddy, Adult Baby, Sissy, etc. If I put my curser on the mommy, for example, I want to see all the links available on the site that directly relates to the mommy, for convenient shopping and easy access to any reference material available as well as links to other mommy related websites. I would also want to have the option to set up an account with this website and using a shopping cart is always nice.

i would say lots of selection of every thing DL/AB related lots of payment options discreet shipping and by far the most important friendly prompt service. sounds like you wont to start something up Baby D

Well I agree with some stuff I've heard:

-Decent resolution photos of the actual product, various views etc. Have a male and a female model so you can see how they fit before you buy

-Discrete shipping is a must

-Seleciton is important but I do like the suggestion of giving customers links to popular items that you don't carry, of course try to make sure that this is a reputable site you are linking to

Things I'd like to add:

-Skip the flash junk. It makes navigating websites very anoying, I like a nice high contrast web page, AB/DL theme is ok just don't get to crazy on fancy graphics that impair the main purpose of the site, to sell AB/DL products

-Having good contact information (e-mail, phone, perhaps a forum too) to allow customers to make enquiries about the products

-Some way to provide shipping quotes before the customer proceeds with the order would be very helpful. Having to sign up with a site etc. before you can find out how much it's going to cost you for something is quite frustrating to me and this would make me more likely to shop at your site

I'll be honest, I really really would like to set up the ultimate site offering everything from our community that I can... HOWEVER I somehow need to cater to the needs of everyone who has medical necessities for wearing diapers. I absolutely LOVE the idea of making the website look like a nursery, but I'd be afraid that it would chase off any potential customers who HAVE to wear and aren't into the AB or DL thing. I'm sure that those people try to convince themselves that diapers aren't only for babies. I like the idea of making the site look like a nursery, do you think it would be too offensive to non AB/DL's? Do you think a site catering mainly to AB/DL's would be profitable enough to keep running?

maybe you could have 2 different versions of the site one for the AB/DL and one for the incontinent and ship every thing from the same place. i would think tho that a AB/DL site should be able to make money at it. seeing as this community is getting bigger every day.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of making the website look like a nursery, but I'd be afraid that it would chase off any potential customers who HAVE to wear and aren't into the AB or DL thing.

I think you’re right, the site should appeal to both AB/DLs as well as non-AB/DLs to maximize potential customers and profit. The home page of the website could direct potential customers in the direction they want to go – to the Adult Nursery or directly to the Warehouse to buy just diapers and other related items. However, just based on curiosity alone, I think many non-AB/DLs would check out the nursery, so it doesn’t really solve the problem, it just gives them a choice. No matter what you do, you won't be able to make everyone happy even if you only cater to one group, but that's a business decision you'll have to make. BTW, nice to see you again!

I'll be honest, I really really would like to set up the ultimate site offering everything from our community that I can... HOWEVER I somehow need to cater to the needs of everyone who has medical necessities for wearing diapers. I absolutely LOVE the idea of making the website look like a nursery, but I'd be afraid that it would chase off any potential customers who HAVE to wear and aren't into the AB or DL thing. I'm sure that those people try to convince themselves that diapers aren't only for babies. I like the idea of making the site look like a nursery, do you think it would be too offensive to non AB/DL's? Do you think a site catering mainly to AB/DL's would be profitable enough to keep running?

How about two websites, one for the incontinent supplies and one for the AB/DL's with all of the extra stuff like paci's and baby clothes and furniture.

For the website itself, keep it simple. Make sure that things are obvious, from where to click to how to navigate the site. An attached moderated forum, just for products; commentary on the products, suggestions for new products, that sort of thing.

Well, there is A fairly easy way to accommodate both. Just make 2 different pages (.html files don't take that much space, and most hosts give you way more space then you will actually use anyway). You could either have it ask on the main page if you want the Medical, or AB/DL version - on just make the Medical version of the site the main page, with a link somewhere to the AB/DL version.

As for if just an AB/DL site would be profitable enough to bother with - that depends on a lot of factors, but the main one is being found (no one is going to buy anything from you if they don't even know you exist), so you want to choose the correct keywords, and description tags in the html coding - also, you want your site to show in the first 3-4 listings of the first page in a search - if that is not possible, next best is last 3 of the first page. That is where Overture come in.

Other "Tricks" you could use to ensure visitors will return, if you choose to use them - maybe have a Story you are giving away, but stop it just when it gets to a Cliff-hanger - require there E-Mail address to get the rest of the story, then you can directly E-Mail them when you update the site (It's not considered "Spam" if you voluntarily gave you there E-Mail address, and there is a way to remove yourself from the list).

I know of one person that used this method for a plumbing site - the "Free info" was repairing a kitchen sink - the instruction stopped after "Disassembling the Pipes" - LOL

Guest diamondback688

honestly, it wouldnt offend me if i had to shop at a site that was aimed mainly at the AB/DLs...but i do agree with the idea of having 2 sites...

From the standpoint of making a purchase decision, I'd like to see better product photos (posed, shaped, back-left, front-right, etc.) linked to the thumbnails. But I think models for each product would seem like a kink and likely would invite more window shoppers than buyers. I'm sure you could market opened products as singles or offer them as samples.

Perhaps a few strategically placed photos of men and women aged 20 to 40 (instead of, or in addition to, the typical 50+ crowd) with testimonial quotes would do the trick. College Student: "With [ultimate Site's] low prices and discrete shipping, I can afford to sit through all my classes. No more interruptions, and now I get As instead of Cs!" Mother of Three: "For just a few dollars a day, I'm getting the best sleep I've had in years. Thanks, [ultimate Site]!" Middle-aged Professional: "I didn't need medical supplies, just convenience. [ultimate Site] got me back to business as usual in no time."

I see no reason to direct a site toward one crowd or another. Treat people like people, individuals. Not every AB is keen on wearing ruffles and pastel colors, nor does every incontinent person bristle at the word "diaper." Give people a little positive reinforcement and let them make their own decisions - a "you can do this, and we're here to help" kind of attitude.

Ruthless dedication to a single pursuit is the key to excelling in business. If you want to try to sell every product under the sun, for every type of crowd, I recommend separating the components and running them as distinct entities. Then you can treat the entities as partners, but if one flops or gets a bad reputation, you have the opportunity to put some distance between the two and start again on the failed one.

If you are thinking of running any kind of business on the internet you have to realise what makes you unique, and play on that. Otherwise you will just drown in the sea of identical websites.

Based on that I would say forget the non ABDL side of things altogether. Theres already hundreds of places that already cater to this and with all due respect far better than you can as one small business.

If you were a medical supplier already, I would maybe suggest this route but since your not I think you should steer clear.

There are several things you can do to compete with existing ABDL shops. If you can knock up items out of wood like cribs, bespoke or otherwise, thats probably the main thing you should be using to draw in the customers. The diapers and other consumables are what bring in the day to day profit.

A wide range of products will help set you apart from existing ABDL webstores but the crucial thing is reliability and customer service. That means you need to convince the customer somehow that you arent going to disappear overnight with their money, and that their packages are going to arrive discretely and promptly every single time. One way to acheive that would be to start selling initially to the DD community, using your presence on here as a place for feedbacka and a guarantee that you are standing by your products. But this idea is not sysnonymous with rapid growth, and of course you would need to compensate DD for using their services.

I do beleive there is still a niche for this type of service. There have been a few attempts in the past which have only failed due to typical ABDL personality shortfallss (insanity, instability and retardation).

• 1 month later...