LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Tell Others... Please Help

I am getting over from being so embarrassed. I have been a little incontinent since a car wreck when I was 16 (I am now 36), then a few months ago I had a very bad bladder infection and been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. I also have some other health problems but I am not going in to all of that. Anyways after everything I am now 100% incontinent (being a ab/dl I like it this way) . Right now when I tell people I tell them everything then when I get up to telling them I am incontinent and have to wear a diaper, I studder around it before telling them. How can I just tell them? I know that there are some people that just dont need to know, but I am in a business that puts me at peoples houses and there business for several hours at a time and I have to change. It has become very inconvenient to tell them I have to leave for a while. Just to go change back at my house or office then go back. It would be more convenient for me if I can change there. I see the same people all the time so some of these people have become my friends. I want too tell them just incase I have an accident at there place I can explain it to them and the fact I would not have to leave to go change and come back. Some of these people I am there for 8 - 16 hours at a time and If I did not have to leave I could cut that down by 2-4 hours. Therefor it have become a hassle for me not to tell them. But, I have not found it to be easy to tell them. If I can tell them I can feel more open to them and maybe even joke about it every now and then. For example, I was at one of my clients houses and there grandkid loves me he is 18 months old and one of the first words he leaned was my name. When he is not there he misses me according to his parents. So I told my clients us diapered people have to stick together. Well going on. I just find it difficult to confront them for the first time after that I am fine. I would just like to see what others have to say about this or if they have had the same problems telling people.

Thanks for all of your help,

DiaperMike

I am getting over from being so embarrassed. I have been a little incontinent since a car wreck when I was 16 (I am now 36), then a few months ago I had a very bad bladder infection and been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis. I also have some other health problems but I am not going in to all of that. Anyways after everything I am now 100% incontinent (being a ab/dl I like it this way) . Right now when I tell people I tell them everything then when I get up to telling them I am incontinent and have to wear a diaper, I studder around it before telling them. How can I just tell them? I know that there are some people that just dont need to know, but I am in a business that puts me at peoples houses and there business for several hours at a time and I have to change. It has become very inconvenient to tell them I have to leave for a while. Just to go change back at my house or office then go back. It would be more convenient for me if I can change there. I see the same people all the time so some of these people have become my friends. I want too tell them just incase I have an accident at there place I can explain it to them and the fact I would not have to leave to go change and come back. Some of these people I am there for 8 - 16 hours at a time and If I did not have to leave I could cut that down by 2-4 hours. Therefor it have become a hassle for me not to tell them. But, I have not found it to be easy to tell them. If I can tell them I can feel more open to them and maybe even joke about it every now and then. For example, I was at one of my clients houses and there grandkid loves me he is 18 months old and one of the first words he leaned was my name. When he is not there he misses me according to his parents. So I told my clients us diapered people have to stick together. Well going on. I just find it difficult to confront them for the first time after that I am fine. I would just like to see what others have to say about this or if they have had the same problems telling people.

Thanks for all of your help,

DiaperMike

It's easier to show them the contents of a backpack than it is to say it.

I don't really think about it one way or the other.

I don't specifically mention it, but don't try to hide it either. Just if I need to change my diaper, go in to the nearest bathroom and do it (just take all your garbage out with you).

If they are curious about why you are taking a bag in to the bathroom with you, if you are really that uncomfortable explaining the whole thing, just tell them it's medical supplies - then you are not lying, but not getting too specific either. But most people don't really care anyway from my experiences. It's a medical problem, really not much different then having a cold. Taking can of it, is surely better then what could happen if you do not!

There is no shame in having a problem - the shame only comes in to play if you know you have a problem, and do nothing about it.

I agree with Red Barchetta. If you have to explain, just do it on strictly a medically-related basis. After all, some people need to interrupt things to take their insulin shots, or to take any other prescribed medications, so having to change a diaper is no different. Ordinarily, most people wouldn't "cross-examine" you and ask for explanations. If push comes to shove, tell them you were in an accident. It's not all that unusual.

Guest diamondback688

Im with everyone else on this one. Its not that unusual for people to be in car accidents. Like InDpnds said, people have to inturrupt things to that a shot of unsulin, or to take prescribed medication.

• 10 months later...

Old post but I felt I need to have my say. I agree with the above post about full discloser, but if you must keep to yourself about your incontince.

What I have done in this situation is pull out my phone look at it and say I need to answer this call ( phone on vibrate ). I the go out to my van and change,come back in and aplogize for the interuption and continue what I was doing, no problem. If you dont have a van a car is fine to practice changing your diaper in the car, after a while it will become second nature and can be done quickly.