LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Told My Best Friend About My Incontinent

I think I am coming out of my shell telling people about my incontinent but I just have not found a way to tell them about my DL AB life. Anyways I told my friend that I have know for quite some time. I figured he already new but not for sure. I told him last night and he was said, will I new that you had some kind of problem but you never said anything I just figure you will when time was ready. And then he just went on with going off topic about it. he said everything to me like it was no big deal to him and it did not hurt his felling about me. (no I am not gay). But its a big load off my chest by telling him because we spend a lot of time together doing things all the time and now I dont have to hide my incontinent to him witch has become a very hard to do with him. We went on vacation with eachother awhile back and I thougth I would have to tell him then when we get a room with eachother but we got a room that had seaprate rooms witch was very cool. Now I just need to tell him about my DL AB lifestyle.

Diaper Mike

*Shrug* Like so many people that want advice about telling others, I suggest to you to figure out why you want to tell others, and what you think you will get out of telling them. Then, think about the possible results.

Why I want to tell others.... hmmm... Good question. One is I am tired trying to hide it all the time is one thing. Two is I think that I should not hold any secrets from my friends as it seams that they dont keep any secrets from me. I think it will make for better friendship. I do not know why it took me 20 years to figure this out.

Diaper mike

Why I want to tell others.... hmmm... Good question. One is I am tired trying to hide it all the time is one thing. Two is I think that I should not hold any secrets from my friends as it seams that they dont keep any secrets from me. I think it will make for better friendship. I do not know why it took me 20 years to figure this out.

Diaper mike

Diaper mike

Ahhh... Yes, the feeling of wanting to be accepted for what you wholey are, and not have to hide who you are. It's a noble endeavor, I agree, and I say you should go for it.

However, don't get your hopes high for it being a cake-walk. There will be hurt feelings, and probably a lot of dissapointment. Just don't be thinking people will accept this with open arms, because it's really a big thing to just spring on people.

One way to make it easier, though, is to be up-front about it when meeting new people, and not try to hide it 'till later.

Just my 2 cents.

So how do you let people know right a way is there a way? other than just say Hi my name is mike and I wear diapers.

Diaper Mike

Well, I certainly wouldn't be going about it quite like that, but when talking to people, and telling each other about yourselves, just slip in that you're incontinent. Just mention it, but don't dwell on it.

another note about why I wanted to tell them.. I am tired of changing in the bathroom as quitly as I can and sneeking in and out a diaper. I like to change on the floor or on a bed I think its easier and make a better fit when doing so. I also want to just bring in my diaper bag to change with.

Telling your closest friends about your incontinence is one thing, since it makes changing without them noticing, awkward, and it is a medical condition, after all. But I really believe you should think twice about telling them about the ab/dl stuff. I highly doubt that your friends don't have some secrets that they keep from others, and honestly, most people do not want to know about the stuff that others do in the privacy of their own homes. There really is such a thing as too much information. The ab/dl stuff is for your private enjoyment. Your friends really don't need (and probably don't want) to know.

Telling your closest friends about your incontinence is one thing, since it makes changing without them noticing, awkward, and it is a medical condition, after all. But I really believe you should think twice about telling them about the ab/dl stuff. I highly doubt that your friends don't have some secrets that they keep from others, and honestly, most people do not want to know about the stuff that others do in the privacy of their own homes. There really is such a thing as too much information. The ab/dl stuff is for your private enjoyment. Your friends really don't need (and probably don't want) to know.

I'm inclined to agree here. I don't feel the need to tell people about my AB/DL stuff more out of respect for their views and beliefs than any sort of fear of rejection. Some people just don't want to know.

As for changing, even if they did know, asking to use their bed or floor for changing on is going a bit too far. There's no reason other than your personal preference for doing it that way, and quite frankly, it's rude to assume that they should allow it. I mean, that's people property you're laying your wet and/or messy bottom on. Despite having a pad or whatever, those sorts of things should be done in the bathroom out of respect for other people's property.

I agree that there is such a thing as too much information. But I also believe there is no need to lie and be deceptive to folks.

I usually go on a need to know basis. My wife for example needs to know the truth (and she does). In my earlier days, some people needed to know I wore diapers 'cause they were going to see/smell them in our house's trash can. But they didn't need to know why I wore them, cause that would just be too much info.

Use your judgment.

I see... Thank you for all your help with this. I think I have told my friend enough information. Now in the last few days I have come down with a huge bladder infection and with that I have had bladder spasms I am at the tail end of this. But my doc has me drinking a insain amount of liquid for the next 4-7 days. I generaly can wear x-plus with extra dobler in to get me about 8-14 hours of wear. But now I am only at the most getting 4 hours. My friend under stands that I am having to have to change a lot. He has been very understanding over this period of time. I do go over to his house quite often. Would you think it would be intrusive of okay for me to ask him if I can keep some of my diapers in his bathroom just incase I need some and forget some? He knows that I have a diaper bag that I take with me to my office and other places from time to time.

Once again thanks for all of you guidence,

Diaper Mike