LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

School Diaper Contest

http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/index.ssf....xml&coll=9

Pupils collecting diapers

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THE SAGINAW NEWS

Students at Thurston Middle School in St. Charles are helping the needy again.

The students, who gained attention in past years for conducting clothing and underwear drives, have launched a new project. Last week, students began a diaper drive to help the Saginaw County Department of Public Health assist struggling families.

The drive, which will run through Thursday, Nov. 30, also is serving as a school contest with the grade that collects the most diapers winning a pizza party.

There is another incentive.

"If we can get at least 2,000 diapers, our Student Council members will wear a diaper," said Marie Coleman, Student Council adviser.

The public also may contribute between 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays at the school, 893 W. Walnut. v

That's pretty neat. How come my school never did anything that cool?

I remember back in the late 1960s at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor they used to offer free ice cream to people who do crazy things. A group of teenage girls went there wearing nothing but diapers and t-shirts and got free ice cream. I always wondered why I wasn't so lucky to be there with them. I love free ice cream.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! Someone else who remembers Farrels Ice Cream parlors> :D Went there a lot when I was in grade school and high school. thats where I learned about pepermint stick ice cream! one of my fav flavers today. :P Just sad they all closed down, oh well.....would have loved to seen the girls in diapers as well.... :wub: Ice cream and diapers just sem to go together.

qwack

I remember Farrels as well, remembering the big Zoo ice cream party's sirens, bells the works :D . But on to the diaper drive, I think it's great that kids are trying to help the community. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mlive.com/news/sanews/index.ssf....xml&coll=9

Pupils collecting diapers

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THE SAGINAW NEWS

Students at Thurston Middle School in St. Charles are helping the needy again.

The students, who gained attention in past years for conducting clothing and underwear drives, have launched a new project. Last week, students began a diaper drive to help the Saginaw County Department of Public Health assist struggling families.

The drive, which will run through Thursday, Nov. 30, also is serving as a school contest with the grade that collects the most diapers winning a pizza party.

There is another incentive.

"If we can get at least 2,000 diapers, our Student Council members will wear a diaper," said Marie Coleman, Student Council adviser.

The public also may contribute between 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays at the school, 893 W. Walnut. v

Does any1 know if they got the 2,000?