LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Family-type rp, anyone?

justagirl4fun

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg sets Lilian down at the bottom of a set of stairs; the staircase, built specifically for PT, has a half dozen steps leading up to a small platform, with sturdy rails on either side. On top is a stuffed dog that plays music when squeezed. Greg knows Lilian loves the toy and uses it as an incentive to complete her therapy. "Come on, Lily!" he encourages. "Let's go get the doggy!" Lilian grasps the railing and struggles up three steps before turning around and reaching for Grace with a plaintive whine; like most days, she is clearly not in the mood for this.

"It's okay. Mommy gives you too many chores to do," Willow says before turning her attention back to her homework. She soon finishes the worksheet and hands it to her brother to check over.

Lilian reaches the top and lunges for Grace, making the "all done" sign; clearly she has had enough.

"No, but I finished the other stuff yesterday," Willow says as she hangs her bag up on its designated hook by the back door. "Now can we go outside? Can we go to the playground?"

"No, but that's the worst of it," Greg says as he helps Lily down the stairs. "The rest is a piece of cake. I know the stairs take a lot out of her, so I like to get them over with before she's too tired." Next he brings her over to a ball and has her do various activities while sitting on it, to work on her balance and core strength.

"Oh. Can I help you?" Willow asks, thinking if she helps they will be able to go outside sooner.

(I think the issue of potty training might be better discussed with a pediatrician, but yes, children with Down syndrome are perfectly capable of being potty trained, it sometimes just takes a little longer. We can totally have Grace begin potty training Lilian if you wish.)

"Okay, I think we're done for today," Greg says to Grace with a smile once Lilian has finished all her exercises. "Now remember to keep encouraging her to use the stairs at home. I know it can be an inconvenience, and I know she fights you on it, but it is for her own good. The more she does it, the better she'll get at it. Our goal here is for her to become as independent as possible, and that can't happen if you let her out of doing things just because they're hard," he reminds her before they head over to her occupational therapy session.

(We'll cross that bridge when we get there, though there might be a case of her also getting Michael's defect as well: the nerve center that notifies the holder of when to void and also the muscles that enables to control the voiding being nonexistent)

"Hey, right on time!" Laura Mitchell says as Grace enters the OT area of the clinic with the girls. "How is everyone today?"

Once all the dishes are washed and dried Willow carries the silverware to the proper drawer and puts it away, leaving the plates and glasses for Michael to handle. "Now can we go, or do you have more chores?"

"Well, Maddie's cutting more teeth, Lilian just finished her (quotation fingers) gym class and as usual I'm exhausted" Grace answers upon entering Laura's office; "Willow's at home with Michael since there's no reason for them to be here; Michael has a kitchen to clean anyway."

"Well, she still gets frustrated when her food falls off her flatware" Grace answers honesty; "It happened last night, so I just fed her which caused me to pause feeding Maddie here, so I had her brother Michael take over on that; I also let her use her fingers at breakfast when I know I shouldn't have."

"Thank you" Grace says with some relief from Laura's words; "There's something that worries me though and I know this is pretty much for Lilian, but I need to address it: Willow's been looking like she's about to cry at any time and Michael's been too quiet even for my taste; any ideas?"

"Well, that is really something you'd be better off discussing with their pediatrician, or a psychologist, but they've only just lost their father. They may not show it the way an adult would, but they are grieving right now, and I'm sure the fact that you've got your hands full with Lilian and the baby doesn't help. My suggestion would be to make time for them. If you have a family member or friend you trust with the little ones, leave them home for a few hours and go do something with Willow and Michael. Or if that's not an option, let them stay up a little later on the weekends. Have a movie or game night, read together, work on a craft project, bake something, anything is good as long as they're getting your undivided attention and know that you care. Let them talk about their feelings. Don't make them feel bad for being sad, or angry," Laura offered, speaking from her own personal experience.

"Yes!" Willow pumped her fist and ran to the swing set in the yard. "Bubby, push me!" she she yelled as she got on a swing.

"Come on, Bubby, higher!" Willow begged.

Lilian was squatting down next to Grace; clearly the bowel problems from her recent round of antibiotics were still in full effect as anyone in the room could hear her filling her diaper. By the time she was done the mess was not only leaking out the legs, but going up her back.