LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do We Rank?

people have gathered into pretty weird subcultures online, so I had a thought. just about where on the strangeness scale do we rank? The way I see it, the internet is arrenged into tiers of strangeness. I'd say we're a bit odder than people who argue about the sexuality of comic book characters, but less weird than the folks who try to apply dungeons and dragons rules to intercourse, and we're roughly at the same level as watersports people. Where do you all think we fit?

Note: not trying to offend. If you feel like writing a several-hundred word long essay on why AB/DLism isn't weird, please don't, for I shall not read it. Just step back and let the people who aren't "ABDL and proud" bicker.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people have gathered into pretty weird subcultures online, so I had a thought. just about where on the strangeness scale do we rank? The way I see it, the internet is arrenged into tiers of strangeness. I'd say we're a bit odder than people who argue about the sexuality of comic book characters, but less weird than the folks who try to apply dungeons and dragons rules to intercourse, and we're roughly at the same level as watersports people. Where do you all think we fit?

Note: not trying to offend. If you feel like writing a several-hundred word long essay on why AB/DLism isn't weird, please don't, for I shall not read it. Just step back and let the people who aren't "ABDL and proud" bicker.

Well your weird, i on the other hand am just wonderful

The people here who are wearing diapers for incontinence aren't wierder than anyone others going to posting areas for medical problems. Nor are people who are acting as AB's from time to time to relieve stress wearing diapers, sucking on pacifiers, and if they are lucky enough getting someone to change them. Anne Landers says a lot of people do that.

I also don't find people into spankings weird though others might.

Then there are people who try to become incontinent when they aren't or people who want others to see their diapers or people into punishments that make them go in their diapers. I personally find their posts weird and depressing.

Frink, it's refreshing to find someone else who seems to understand that what we do is very unusual. I've never understood those who say, "It's just a different choice of underwear." Bulls**t. Diapers are no more merely underwear than a wheelchair is just a kind of chair. Diapers have a purpose, and they allow (most of) us to wet and sometimes even mess ourselves for enjoyment. Some underwear.

I'll agree that "weird" and "normal" can be relative, but I don't think it's arguable that as hobbies, fetishes--whatever--go, this is an odd one in that we're a small minority of the population. Compared to the number of people who are turned on by lingerie, shoes, women's clothing, or even bondage, we're a rare breed.

On a scale from 1 to 10 on the weird-o-meter, with 10 being truly bizarre, I'd say we're a 10. Really. Of course, that doesn't mean we're not good people, it just means we're unique and eccentric. :)

-RMS

Frink, it's refreshing to find someone else who seems to understand that what we do is very unusual. I've never understood those who say, "It's just a different choice of underwear." Bulls**t. Diapers are no more merely underwear than a wheelchair is just a kind of chair. Diapers have a purpose, and they allow (most of) us to wet and sometimes even mess ourselves for enjoyment. Some underwear.

I'll agree that "weird" and "normal" can be relative, but I don't think it's arguable that as hobbies, fetishes--whatever--go, this is an odd one in that we're a small minority of the population. Compared to the number of people who are turned on by lingerie, shoes, women's clothing, or even bondage, we're a rare breed.

On a scale from 1 to 10 on the weird-o-meter, with 10 being truly bizarre, I'd say we're a 10. Really. Of course, that doesn't mean we're not good people, it just means we're unique and eccentric. :)

-RMS

damn if you think wearing a diaper is a 10 you have led one hell of a shelterd life

Perhaps I shoulda said "eccentric" instead of "strange". Eccentric doesn't have as much of a negative connotation. Also, it'd be hard for someone to say we aren't eccentric. Anyway, I say that there are very few things which merit a 10 on such a scale, those generally include folks who mix fetishes, or are something truly horrifying such as some guy who spends thousands of hours trying to refute the holocaust or something. I'd put us at a 7 or 8, personally.

damn if you think wearing a diaper is a 10 you have led one hell of a shelterd life
Belinda, two things. First of all, although I've never personally had the pleasure till now, I see what they say about you is true. Second, I'm not sure anyone on this board is in a position to decide what non-AB/DLs think of us. There is a whole group of people out there who get off on riding each other around like horsies, bridle, saddle and all. Among their peers, I'm sure they think they're just half a bubble off center, but not that odd. I would disagree.

-RMS

On a one to ten scale i don't think AB/DL really ranks all that high. Trust me, I've really seen some weird stuff of the internets and this is really pretty tame. I'd give it about a four. I mean, it's a little bit more than "out there" than poeple that have a fetish for nylons or like a little open hand spanking but it's VERY far from the other end... things that I won't even mention here. Honestly I find some of the more mainstream fetish stuff like BDSM a lot more creepy and weird than AB/DL stuff.

One thing that I find interesting is that most of the people on the boards here seem a lot more sane than a lot of the people that you might on any non-fetish message boards. There some real freaks in the community but as a whole we're a pretty normal group.

to get to the higher numbers, I think you may need to combine fetishes and/or hobbies. For example, furry truckers who write spock/vader slash fic involving a transmogrification gun and about 20 feet of baling twine probably hit 9 or so.

Okay, okay, 10 might be a bit extreme, but those of you who think we rank anywhere below a 7 or 8 are fooling yourselves. We choose to wear diapers and wet ourselves . . . for fun and sexual excitement! I have a news flash for you: that's weird. And that's not even including the ABs among us. That's got to be worth a point or two.

I'm not a fan of Jerry Springer, but I'm sure everyone here is familiar with the infamous AB show. The audience was horrified and repulsed. Jerry himself, who has seen it all by now, says that was the weirdest thing he's ever seen. Wake up!

Again, I totally get why we all think this is no big deal. We spend our spare time here, talking with other people who understand us and don't judge us because they're just like we are. When you're surrounded with like-minded people you forget that the rest of the world might not think we're so normal.

I'm not into self-loathing, and I know I can't control who I am. I love to wear and wet diapers. I didn't ask for this, but there it is. I just understand that this behavior is more than a little odd.

-RMS

P.S. Oh, and Fink. Holocaust deniers? Really? Are we throwing them into the mix? Come on.

i really think we're pretty mild as far as

kinkiness/fetish or lifstyles go. here's a

list from wierdest to mild (in my opinion)

10 beastiality or farm animals

9 use of jumper cables (in the bedroom)

8 strangulation

7 amputees

6 self mutilation

5 slavery

4 ab/ age play

3 dl/ alternative underwear enthusiasts

2 bondage

1 multiple partners or one partner with multiple personalities

oh god, what have I done?

My favorite post of all time!

Frink you forgot one thing, AB/DL is a combination of a bunch of different fetishes.

After all there are AB/DL's that just wear, but don't use diapers. A few don't even wear diapers.

How about the Incontinent people? And where does Babyman fit in?

I would say as a group we are about a 6 or 7, some in the 3 to 4 range and some close to 10.

After all where would you put "Vorarephilia fetishism (eating of another creature)"?

Or "Endosomatophilia (animals in orifices)"?

There is some really weird shit out there.

After all for the most part we just wear and use different underwear.

i'd say we're on a low notice level compared to some sick stuff i have found on the net.

wont go into details as some will make you sick to your stomach and even scare the hell out of ya that someone is sick enough to view this stuff and actually enjoy it :x

if the scale was 1-30 we're a 8 though some people in our community has managed to make us seem like we're at 20 sometimes ;)

While personally i don't find us all that weird....i'm gonna agree with RM on this one....the general public is very sensitive to anyone who loses control of their bladder or bowels even accidently....they seem bearely tolerant of those who are truely incontinent...

I am a member of other alternative lifestyles and even those who belong to the bdsm and D/s population for the most part find diaper wetting and messing disgusting.....

Obviously we are less freaky then lots of other fetishes when it comes right down to it....but i'm thinking the general public would put us right up there ...i don't believe they are going to see the differences and seperations we all do.....

to them..... wearing diapers is gross....even changing a babies diaper for some can be gross....it just grows from there....

i dont think they will find it any less disgusting then "golden" or "scat" play.....and bdsm and D/s seems to becoming more acceptable today in certain parts of society.....

Anyone that thinks that we're too weird need to spend a little more time on the internets. There's some really bizarre stuff out there.

One thing that I find interesting is that i think most people would find something like BDSM a lot less weird than AB/DL. I mean, if you told someone that you enjoyed tieing your partner up with leather thongs and thrashing them with a cat'o'ninetails most people would hardly bat an eyelash. But, if you told them you liked to wear diapers you'd be seen as some kind of freak. I find it odd that something basically involving pain and violence has a lot more mainstream acceptance than something much more gentle and something that's a universal experience.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against BDSM or anything, it's just my observation.

Guest diamondback688

that animals in orifices freaks me out...THAT is just nuts!!! no offense if anyone here is into that stuff...i eat steak and chicken, so i can count myself in the eating of another animal thing(LOL)...i would rank us as a 4 or 5, some of us could be a 10 though...

that animals in orifices freaks me out...THAT is just nuts!!! no offense if anyone here is into that stuff...i eat steak and chicken, so i can count myself in the eating of another animal thing(LOL)...i would rank us as a 4 or 5, some of us could be a 10 though...

But do you get sexual pleasure from eating another animal?

My 2 cents.

We are wierd. No doubt about it. But there is a lot of stuff out there that is REALLY wierd and makes what we do look pretty tame. I would highly disagree (although repectfully.... some people around here need to learn a bit of tact!) with anyone who gives us a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale.

And speaking of scales, its hard to know where to put is since there is such a diversity of activities that we do. Some people like to just wear a diaper from time to time. Other people like to give themselves enemas so they mess thier diapers and then masterbate in them. That is at least a 2 point difference on my version of the scale.

Considering all the crazy fetishes out there.... some of which are illigal/unethical/unhealth/destructive etc etc, I would say we fall in the 5-8 range, depending on personal preference.

I'd say we were below the beastiality people, but above the watersports people. Definetly below the race hate people, although I think they'd strongly disagree.

I like to use Somethingawful.coms "weekend web" section as a barometer of wierd internet shit. I've seen ab/dl stuff on there a few times, but then it is the really gross stuff that goes up, so...

I like your style though, frink. :)

Thanks. You read SA? Heh. I go there, too. May even get a forum account at some point. I was reading a recent weekend web, and that was how I thought this up. I thought to myself "yeah, we may be a bit different from the norm, but THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WANT TO GET AIDS!" And I wondered where in the grand pantheon of excentricities we rated.