LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bathing Babies - Making It Fun, Comfortable

Hi all,

I'm new here! Nice to meet you. I'm a youngish daddy, looking for tips to take AB/diaper play out of the bedroom a little. In this case, into the bath. I may get a visit from a little girl soon, and I'd like to prepared for bathtime.

Now, I've never bathed a "little girl" (or a child, for that matter) before, but I may soon, so I need to ask some basic questions and solicit tips from "parents" to make it a very sweet, "young" experience. Since I've never had real children, I've truly got no idea, so I'll just throw my ideas out for response, if anyone's interested.

1. Wash with something soft and fluffy, to be extra gentle, I suppose..? Novelty sponges?

2. I've never had a vulva. How do I wash there? I'd hate to cause stinging or irritation.

3. Rubber ducks. A cute shower curtain. Something for the wall? Other toys?

4. Very nice adult hair products and body soap/lotion for most days, no-tears baby shampoo and some kind of regular soap for play days.

5. Any baby-made cream, powder, oil, or lotion to use after drying off? If not, what could I use? (Too sexy a step to skip.)

6. Do they make fluffy bath mats for putting inside the bath, so it's not so hard?

7. Oh, obvious. Bubble bath, and a big tumbler for pouring water over her.

8. I shouldn't even start in on how to dry and style girl-hair. Good lord, how little I know beyond diapers..

9. Something soft to kneel on beside the tub.

10. Some music playing (at a safe distance) for her to sing along with. ;)

11. A really nice, big white towel.

12. What am I missing that could make bathtime even more comfortable and fun?

Thanks!

CV

Just a couple of comments. Keep the soap away from the vaginal area--it will cause irritation. Many bubble baths can also lead to bladder infections or yeast infections. Pick something mild and not heavily perfumed.

For the inside of the tub, you could line it with a fluffy towel so she has something cushy to sit on.

Johnson and Johnson makes a line of "Bedtime" baby products that have a light lavender scent. I think they're quite nice, and they're "adult-smelling" enough that you can use them anytime. They have lotion and baby oil and powder in this scent.

It sounds like you are a very serious Daddy! Your girl is lucky to have someone like you. I don't think it would hurt to talk to your little one and see what she would like as part of her experience.

Keep the soap away from the vaginal area--it will cause irritation. Many bubble baths can also lead to bladder infections or yeast infections. Pick something mild and not heavily perfumed.

Johnson and Johnson makes a line of "Bedtime" baby products that have a light lavender scent. I think they're quite nice, and they're "adult-smelling" enough that you can use them anytime.

It sounds like you are a very serious Daddy! Your girl is lucky to have someone like you. I don't think it would hurt to talk to your little one and see what she would like as part of her experience.

Thank you very much for the warnings about irritation and infection from soap and bubble bath! One thing I'd once read was that it was important for the vulva to be dried thoroughly to prevent this - with a hair dryer - but I don't know how many women actually do that, and I think I'd rather not direct gusts of hot air at her sensitive parts if I could avoid it by using a mild, unscented bubble bath. And I take it that bath water, which has a little soap in it, is fine for the vulva, but that directly soaping it is the bad idea, or putting a bunch of especially soapy water on it. Maybe we'll partially drain the bath and re-fill it for the "rinsing" stage, to make sure everything gets a final rinse with more-or-less plain water.

Also, I am glad to hear about the lavendar-scented powders and oils. As a guy who's never even suffered from dry skin, I have no experience with lotions at all! I did have a lover who lotioned her whole body every evening, though, to take care of her skin. I'm sure we could do that.

Also, thank you for the compliment. I love projects, so it nice for me to have a partner who loves attention. And I'm sure she'll have lots to contribute, but I'm glad to start with some knowledge. Re-reading my original post, it looks more like overkill.. just a toy or two for her to hold, the warm towel, etc., would be fine, since the conversation and interaction will provide plenty of fun.. somehow, in thinking of everything I possibly could, I forgot that we'd also be talking the whole time. : )

Thanks again for your reply. And I don't know why I said "parents" in my original post: babies/kids online ought to know just as well what's nice to have around for a bath. If anyone has other suggestions, fire away.

Cheers,

CV

1. Wash with something soft and fluffy, to be extra gentle, I suppose..? Novelty sponges?

Yea or a rag, anything soft really would tickle the skin especially when it has soap lathered into it. Make sure not to warn the baby when you're going to wash anyplace that way you inspire the most reaction. Especially if she's not paying attention.

2. I've never had a vulva. How do I wash there? I'd hate to cause stinging or irritation.

Well for the most part just don't be too rough with it, if its really all that hard for you just make it known that you are going to wash there that way she can facilitate her. (Voiding of course my previous comment.)

3. Rubber ducks. A cute shower curtain. Something for the wall? Other toys?

Its not really the rubber ducks or shower curtains, just anything colorful and entertaining really. I think my favorite is the bath crayons that crayola offers, gives baby a chance to be colorful and entertained as well as creative. Depending on what she draws you can make assumptions as to what she's thinking and such.

4. Very nice adult hair products and body soap/lotion for most days, no-tears baby shampoo and some kind of regular soap for play days.

Of course... Even though I'd use the no tears baby shampoo all the time anyway even if it wasn't play time. Make sure to get bubble bath too, thats always fun.

5. Any baby-made cream, powder, oil, or lotion to use after drying off? If not, what could I use? (Too sexy a step to skip.)

Well... Hmmm, lotion of any kind would be a good idea, especially if its scented. You get to rub her down which keeps her skin healthy and vibrant while letting you touch and pamper her. I don't know why more couples don't get in on applying lotion on each other, its really quite a sensual process.

6. Do they make fluffy bath mats for putting inside the bath, so it's not so hard?

Well, I don't think they make fluffy bath mats for inside the bath as that would warrent mold. The best you could get is something spongy or porous. Outside the bath however you could pick up something soft and fluffy to have her sit on.

7. Oh, obvious. Bubble bath, and a big tumbler for pouring water over her.

Duh... Might want to try cold water in the tumbler some time. That'll cause her to cringe all cute like.

8. I shouldn't even start in on how to dry and style girl-hair. Good lord, how little I know beyond diapers.

Well, its not really hard it comes more with time than anything else. All you've got to remember is that it takes about ten to twenty minutes to dry and comb out hair and style it. I would stick to pig tails or pony tails since there's not alot more thats very babyish style wise.

9. Something soft to kneel on beside the tub.

Its possible, just look around a department store or hell, even a tool store like home depot should have a thing for kneeling.

10. Some music playing (at a safe distance) for her to sing along with. ;)

Nothing too babyish, after a while 'Ring around the posy' and 'Rock a bye baby' get boring. Try something you'd both like to listen too. Any band really is worth listening too at bath time... Personally I like things like The Dresden Dolls, Mathbox 20, or anything with a pretty tune.

11. A really nice, big white towel.

Thats easy to find, any home supply store. Beach towels are out, they don't offer that soft fluffyness that terrycloth or egyptian do.

12. What am I missing that could make bathtime even more comfortable and fun?

Well its possible to nurse a pacifier while in the bath, just make sure that its clean and stays in her mouth, if it drops then put it aside until you can wash it again. Also I'd suggest like a shaving mirror set low so she can watch herself since baby's tend to like making faces and such. Lastly I would guess making sure you have a big bath tub would be good since smaller ones tend to restrict movement.

Thats about all I have...

Make sure not to warn the baby when you're going to wash anyplace that way you inspire the most reaction. Especially if she's not paying attention.
Hey, good thinking!

Its not really the rubber ducks or shower curtains, just anything colorful and entertaining really. I think my favorite is the bath crayons that crayola offers, gives baby a chance to be colorful and entertained as well as creative. Depending on what she draws you can make assumptions as to what she's thinking and such.
This is another really great idea -- for all the reasons you give. Much more expressive than a toy.

Duh... Might want to try cold water in the tumbler some time. That'll cause her to cringe all cute like.
:lol: Do you have a tip jar?

(music playing to sing along with.) Try something you'd both like to listen too. Any band really is worth listening too at bath time... Personally I like things like The Dresden Dolls, Mathbox 20, or anything with a pretty tune.
Should I admit that I was thinking of Abba? Oops, too late.

Also I'd suggest like a shaving mirror set low so she can watch herself since baby's tend to like making faces and such.
Another really good one! Thanks so much, Kanji!

CV

What a wonderfully thoughtful daddy you are, Creavero! From this baby girl's point of view, it's not so much the toys, etc. that you have, but the atmosphere you create. The most important thing for me would be that Daddy remembered not to scrub me like he was shining his shoes or something. :P Go slowly, with exquisite tenderness, making every touch of the washcloth a gentle caress; whisper to her over and over, what a good girl she is and how much Daddy loves her; stroke her hair and give her little kisses on the top of her head.

I highly recommend playing Pachelbel's Canon in D, in the background. You can get versions with ocean sounds added. It is extremely relaxing, almost hypnotic, and gentle enough for Baby.

Once you're finished with the bath, don't forget to wrap her in a big fluffy towel and snuggle her. Then apply lotion with the same gentle, stroking caresses.