LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Told My First Family Member Today

I became totally incontinent about 8 or so months ago. Since then, I have been working hard to incorporate diapers into my 24/7 life.

Probably the biggest hurdle I face, is accepting and identifying myself as an incontinent man.

I have never had an issue with diapers, having been DL for all of my life.

But there were an awful lot of emotional hurdles that had to be managed once the choice to wear diapers was taken away from me.

Acceptance has been key, this is me now, this is part of who i am and a diaper is a permanant part of my wardrobe, just like glasses or contacts.

I have not told anyone about being incon though.

Today, the opportunity finally presented itself.

I was discussing my upcoming surgery with my sister and she said, "You know Joe, you have been pretty lucky so far, I have heard that so many people with neck/back injuries end up back in diapers"

(This one was a no-brainer)

I told her that I had, in fact, ended up back in diapers.

She was very supportive and asked a few questions.

It was refreshing to be able to talk so openly with someone besides my fiancee about this.

And it gets just a little bit easier to deal with each day.

• Like 3

I'm glad you have such an understanding sister :thumbsup: Such people are the most valuable thing we can ever have in life. While the subject of incontinence still is fraught with social taboos, that is slowly changing and pretty much everyone understands how back injuries can cause this- we're all just one wrong fall or car crash away from this ourselves, though most folks don't want to even think about this possibility :mellow: I hope you'll find your way through this as good as is possible for you ;) And I do well understand how being a DL can make this process easier, for that is my own story even if my leakage is not that severe :blush: Take advantage of whatever is good to you in life and seek out the positive aspects of everything as a way to help you cope with life's problems. And always remember that you are as valuable a person as the rest of us, and that diapers need not define you and who you are B)

Bettypooh

• Like 1

It's good to hear you have a supporting family member. I remember when I told my mother a few years ago and she understood with few questions (it helped that my Dad is incon too). The most awkward situation came up though when my mom asked, on my dad's behalf, about the products I was using. He is hard of hearing and was looking for something that works better than the Depends pull-ups, etc. Due to my still being fairly active and working, I told her briefs work better for me than pull-ups because I can't undress to change all the time at work. Dad refuses to wear "diapers" and I've never had another question since.

--- Edit ---

Hello from another Upstate New Yorker!

• Like 1