LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Issues With Abena Air-Plus

Now I'm a huge fan of the Abena diapers, and they are really the only ones that work for me, in regards to fit, function and feel. Now these air plus diapers are troublesome, they don't stay tight like the plastic back ones do. I want to keep purchasing the plastic back ones but i heard that they are going to discontinue these hence the reason I'm trying the "premiums". Can anyone offer some info on how to get these air pluses to fit right, and if the plastic back line is going to continue? Thanks y'all!

I just received my second case of Abena - 'classic' or whatever they're called - plastic backed. I love 'em. I'd thought about trying the air plus for the summer, but now I'm wondering.

Having just started ordering these, I'm distressed to hear they may not be available anymore. Because of that, I'm NOT going to recommend you just continue with the plastic backed, because I want more left for me!

Will the lack of availability be due to discontinuation of manufacture or the choice of the supplier to stop offering them? Anyone else have information about this?

I don't like the cloth covered Abenas.

#1: The cloth covering stretches after a little while, so they start sagging.

#2: The cloth covering seeps moisture, when the diaper is wet it feels damp on the outside.

#3: Airflow... yes, air in and air out. Problem is the air coming out of a wet diaper smells just like a wet diaper. If I can smell me I know others can too... and that's just not cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Hummm... I have had way to many problems with the plastic backed tons of pin hole leaks even after one wetting. Went to the cloth backed and never an issue.

I've found this happens mostly during shipping.

The diaper is made of mostly pulp with super absorbent polymer fibers and crystals mixed in, which is what swells up so much.

When the diapers get a little humid or damp during shipping the crystals grow and get hard/sharp, you can feel them as bumps through the plastic. When they dry out again, they often leave little holes in the covering. I'm fairly sure this is what also leads to the beads of liquid escaping from cloth woven covers also, but it's hard to spot.

I find ordering from a place that has higher turnover mitigates this problem, although I've had it at some point from every diaper brand, and I've used almost all of them.

I agree with the crysals poking little hole in the covering, but I think it happens when they are tighly wrapped in the packaging and get thrown around while being transported.

All the plastic backed Abri Form plus I've had the pinhole leaks with always leak where the diaper was folded in the packaging.

Ihave tried the "New and supposedly Improved!" Premiums and I'm not impressed at all, they have all the problems of the current plastic backed, plus I agree they are nearly impossible to keep a tight fit.

Another problem with Abena diapers is the elastics that are supposed to support the leakguards, The come adrift easily and can usually be found wandering around in the diaper doing nothing, when you remove the diaper.