LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Two Day Backpacking Trip

Saturday I'll be heading on a 2 day backpacking trip to Northern Arizona with a group of ~10-15 people. Will be going 5 miles into the forest (1500 ft elevation gain). I'll be 24/7 the whole time. The extra weight in and out from diapers will suck but I think it might be manageable.

I'll post how it goes since when I first quit 24/7, I quit because I couldn't find a lot of material out there about people who are active and incontinent. As it is, since January I've managed weekly 1-6 hour hikes wearing 24/7, but this will be my first time where I know I'll need to change in my tent or away from the campsite with others around and no trailhead bathroom.

The good news is the weather will be 30-60F so at least I won't be hiking in 120F weather like when I was hiking last summer, at least not yet. :D

Have fun! I miss living in Flagstaff. There are some awesome hikes up there.

I'm pretty active and wear full time as well. Since I started full time I haven't had to give up anything I love about life. As a matter of fact things have been better.

Well back from my trip. While hiking in and out in them wasn't too bad comfort/temperature-wise and I was able to manage the smell with wipes, the weight of taking wet diapers out quickly added up. I only had three used disposables in my pack by the time I left (two Abenas, and 1 molicare super plus with a guard in it) but I estimated that it added 5-7 pounds to my pack weight based on the fact that I started with a 32 pound pack, ate all the food and drank all the water and measured only with my gear and trash/diapers that I brought out of the area. The hike in and out took about 3 hours each and I estimate I stayed on the campsite for about 20 hours with equated to a change about once every 5 hours.

The hike in was super wet and I almost needed to change before arrival at the camp site but as I got ready for a change and started veering from the group a bit we had all arrived. Getting away for changes when everyone was set up was effortless. I usually grabbed a diaper from my pack, brought it a few hundred feet from camp and changed. One time I did change in my tent while everyone was at the firepit laughing and joking. Toward the end of the night I didn't wet much though that morning I wet a lot again.

I also got a very strange heat/chafing rash on my left hip. I have the standard red bumps from a heat rash (which was unexpected because the weather was quite cool), but it seems my backpacking waist belt was chafing it causing what looks like spider or insect bites with the center of each elevated dot being very red.

It wasn't a terrible experience overall, but was certainly a lot of hoops to jump through for backpacking. Now back to day to day life for a while :P

Its hard to say. I don't think so but I'm sure my pants were puffy from the diapers and I was bending over a lot when I was sitting on wood logs to get heat from the fire so if someone looked at my waistband area they might have seen the diaper. Overall I would say most people probably didn't know.