LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Deduct Diapers On Taxes?

I am asking this question to the real incontinent folk who do not qualify for medicare or any other stort of assistance. I spent close to 1500 dollars on diapers last year, and I happen to be a real bedwetter, which can qualify as a medical issue, but when I put the cost down, it only took off 30 dollars from my dues. So I just said screw it and left that expense out. :D I am not a fan of paying taxes. But Science Dammit they are getting expensive througout the year. Sometimes I feel like not reporting at all, since I tend to go by cash only but that will not be honest :) Benjamin Franklin was right Nothing is certain but death and taxes.

LOL :'( I misspelled diapmers LOL

There are specific standards for permissible deductions, and diapers only meet those standards when they are essentially a medically prescribed need. You may have to prove that your doctor diagnosed you and told you this is a proper treatment for you in writing to convince them that the deduction is legitimate and proper. Otherwise expect a denial of the deduction should they ask. With all the different categories (not to mention the varying State laws) no one answer works for everyone. I can deduct 100% of my medical expenses but most people can't. Don't automatically think that is nice because it isn't- I can't take many of the deductions that most people can, I have to pay 100% of my medical expenses out-of-pocket, and overall I pay a larger share of my income to taxes than most do. Sigh, I should have opted for a career flipping burgers somewhere :(

Bettypooh