LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Blister Prevention Aids?

Dunno if this is the right forum or not (please feel free tomove this if I'm in the wrong place), but, anyone have any experience with the prevention of blisters on the feet?

Now that I am taking two PE classes this semester, I have a definite need for blister prevention. I keep my feet and my socks clean, :baby_bath: but I still get painful blisters, :huh: mostly between my big toe (great toe) and the one next to it, on the side of the second toe. A couple weeks ago, I had to take a two mile walk, and ended up with a blister on top of another blister. :crybaby:

Anyone have any suggestions to keep my poor piggies blister-free? Tank yous!!!! :D

Make sure that your feet are not able to move in the shoes. If nothing works use extra thick socks. And keep your feet dry even if it requires changing socks once or twice during the day. If your feet are sweating strong you could use babypowder in the socks.

I must admit that I never had really problems with blisters on my feet. Not even during the basic training when I served but a lot of what I mention above helped guys who had the same prob back then.

I agree with what Andy above said, plus rubbing the feet with rubbing alcohol/ surgical spirit/ isopropanol (whatever you call it around your place) just before and after the PE lessons, that should also help with athlete's foot.

Oh, and

tight.

Good luck!

I once had a small thing that kept all my toes away from each other since I have hammer toes that sort of lean on the next toe. It was made from a hard but rather flexible foam to keep distance between the toes

Moleskin. invest in moleskin. apply some around problem areas even around blisters, but not over them, allows the shoes to move freely and friction reduced so no fluid buildup happens between layers of skin causing the blisters. if you get a blister, cut it at the bottom and drain it. it will hurt more but heal faster. also clean socks and foot powder as others mentioned.

if you're getting blisters after about 3-4 days of wearing a pair of shoes - they aren't fitting right, either they are the wrong shape for your foot, or you're wearing the wrong sock with them. take the shoes you've got to a shoe store that specializes in proper shoe fitting ie running room, new balance etc.

moleskin is at best a stopgap, i'd stay away from vaseline as it will soak into your socks and shoes, you'd bet better off using something like 'body glide' a silicone based anti-chafe lube.

also - highly disagree with draining blisters - they are more prone to infection if you drain them, allow the fluid to re-absorb on its own, gives the skin underneath time to regenerate.

if you're getting blisters after about 3-4 days of wearing a pair of shoes - they aren't fitting right, either they are the wrong shape for your foot, or you're wearing the wrong sock with them. take the shoes you've got to a shoe store that specializes in proper shoe fitting ie running room, new balance etc.

moleskin is at best a stopgap, i'd stay away from vaseline as it will soak into your socks and shoes, you'd bet better off using something like 'body glide' a silicone based anti-chafe lube.

also - highly disagree with draining blisters - they are more prone to infection if you drain them, allow the fluid to re-absorb on its own, gives the skin underneath time to regenerate.

Not if you desinfect the needle you are using to drain and neither if you can take a little pain and rub the dead skin from the drained blister with some high volume alcohol. Cover it with a plaster and it is done for a few days. Alternatively you can use pieces of cloth soaked with camomile tea over the drained blister or honey , if you have time that is.