LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Stupid Bipolar Bladder

Ok Guys, here is the issue...I sincerely think my bladder has bipolar disorder. I have been having problems with urge incontinence on and off for the past 5 years. Each period of OAB is episodic lasting between 1-2 months with a break in between. I was diagnosed with OAB, but I would think that this problem would occur all the time and would not be so episodic. The last time I had issues with this stuff I was wearing diapers for fun quite a bit, but have since significantly reduced the amount that I wear, yet have recently started having problems again. Not really sure what is going on. Any advice would be helpful.

Welcome to my world. It's weird, when I drink alcohol, I don't need the diapers, but because of health problems, I can't drink much. LOL Anyhow, I don't have much advice other than find out what triggers what, then try your best to live with it that way.

Note: Don't drink too much water or you will die, but don't drink too little either. Only a doctor can tell you more than that.

I think it is something like a trained response that your brain gets conditioned to. Like most ab/dl's most of us have fantasized about total loss of bladder control, I certainly did. Over the years I untrained my bladder to a point today that I have very little control of it. I have found that in the rare instances that I am not in a diaper I almost certainly will pee my pants or bed. . When I get dressed in the morning for work and have a fresh diaper on, it is only a minute or two and I am peeing in it without control. It is either psychological training to pee uncontrollably or just condidtioning but in any instance, my diapers are here to stay.

I think my bladder has the same thing, although mine is better behaved :) I can go days, even weeks with almost a full ability to hold, then in a period of minutes it all goes spastic and I get spurts which I cannot stop. Some days I wake up like that and can tell immediately by the feeling down there of what kind of day I'll be having :( Most of the time it sets in in a few minutes time, often the first symptom is the first spurt. It runs it's course, which can be hours or a couple days, then just as quickly (and sometimes slowly) it goes away again. The worst of times I think I'm a fire hydrant I pee so much- luckily that has happened only once but it got close several other times. That has happened whether I was hydrated or not. And strangely, even with my urine production in overdrive, I do not get dehydrated when this happens! I always have some leakage but with the unpredictability I'd rather start out with enough protection to get me to where a change is possible than to risk wetting myself in public :o I believe that the root cause of my life-long bladder control issues is in my nerves or where the signals are processed in my brain. My declining back condition does seem to aggravate things when I over-work it. Things could be worse for me and may get that way eventually so I'm glad I can deal with wearing as well as I do :thumbsup: Life is neither sane nor fair and all of us simply do what we have to do to get through it all- if that includes wearing protection then so be it. It's better than the alternative ;)

Bettypooh