LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Doubled Store Brand Better Than Premium Brands?

I have been gradually been working my way through various premium brands (Molicare, Abena, Bambino, Dry 24/7), while filling in supplies with store brands (I am a DL who only gets to use while on the road.). The point that I keep coming back to is that doubled store brands (that is, one store brand diaper with slits cut down the middle, backed by a second store brand - as described by multiple previous writers) seem to provide a better value (per diaper) than premium brands. Yes, I fully admit and embrace the superior quality and performance of the premium brands. However - and especially when I normally have to buy "sample packs" from suppliers given my closeted home life, leaving discrete packages for traveling - when I compare the price of any one premium diaper (again, buying in small quantities) to two store brand diapers, I keep finding that the doubled store brands are cheaper. And given the price difference, I am willing to tolerate any performance difference that I have found between a premium brand and a doubled store brand.

I am most interested in store brands that under-performed as doubled. Also, I am interested in your experiences with premium brands that did not measure up to doubled store brands. I am NOT interested in reiterations of the above-described experience of premium vs. store brands. Thanks.

Oklahoma-Traveling-to-Cincinnati-Looking-for-Company

I recognize your point and often do the same, it makes good use of thrift store finds. I also prefer plastic backed, so a depend over a cloth covered cheapie is a great way to go.

As to comparing the ability or value of one way to the other, the circumstances you live in seem to lend themselves to make a pack purchase for a trip a better idea all around.

If I understand your question, it was "do I know of store brands that seem better or worse". After many brands I have used, I find the all pretty much the same, doubled or singled, with the depends ahead a bit due to plastic backing, as well as a bit better capacity than most. I would say I won't grab any "wings" brand unless they are near free, they just don't seem to have any SAP.