LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Still Cashing His Checks: 'Adult Baby' Who Wears Diapers And Drinks From A Bottle Is Cleared Of Fraud... And Still Getting His Disability Benefits

I am probably more capable then most who have posted on this subject I am legally blind, can only see out of my left, blind in my right and near sighted perminantly. I have not been successful when it comes to work. I have had my hours cut in every job I have had. I was laid off twice, fired twice, and quit one job. I was laid off an internship because I couldn't make it to seattle from Edmonds on time. I now owe $15,000 in medical bills. The reason my hours were cut was because I was a slow worker. I was fired from being a fucking sign waver. Point being if you have a disability of any kind the working world will drop you like a rock unless you're on a government program because they cannot tolerate people with disabilities. I am now working for Cutco and feel that this is the only job where I can make a decent living for myself.

Yes Stanley can work, he can build cribs, and high chairs. Does he have the education, drive, and capital to start his own business? I don't know. But I do know that anyone with any sort of mental disease cannot function in a normal environment and be financially successful at their job. I'm sure if someone with bipolar disorder would be fired. I've seen it happen. What I wish would happen is that there be doctors, shrinks and what not assigned to people who're disabled and train them to utalize their talents. Unfortunately when government does this they fail. The DSB being as well meaning as they're had hired a man to be my job coach. All he did was have the manager write up a report about me. He did not monitor my actions in the store or how I worked. If he had he could've helped me a long but sadly my dsb rep sent me to some nerology clinic to learn about "interacting with people" My DSB rep ignored the fact that I had depression, that I had no place to live, and the fact that I had a pilonidol cyst that was infected(surgery to remove it in july). I think that if we're to help people with disabilities become successful we must train them ourselves to be successful. As Ghandi put it "be the change you want to see in the world"

But I do know that anyone with any sort of mental disease cannot function in a normal environment and be financially successful at their job.

im sorry this is bullshit. I was diagnosed with OCD at around age 5 and generalized anxiety disorder at around age 7. I have ALWAYS worked successfully in normal work environments. I have held down fiulltime jobs while attending university. I have had leadership positions, I have been given additional responsibilities.

I now have not just a job, but a career, where within one year I have already been promoted and given a raise, been elected president of my local chapter for my professional organization and been asked by management to help on special projects. I have what is considered a psychiatric condition, yet I am very successful in my personal, profession, and academic lives.

On top of having two psychiactric conditions, I also have a neurological movement disorder which means at times i have no control over what my body does, or the sounds that come out of my mouth. Again I have been successful in all arena's of my life. I live in a 'normal' environment and while yes i struggle every single day with the symptoms of my conditions, I have never let them get in the way of my success.

I got to agree with you 1,000% sarah.Dont think nitrous knows how many people with a mental disorder there are out there in the working world.Look at all the people with down's s syndrome there are working.And thats just one disorder.There are so many out there.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Not everyone is the same. Some can deal with shit better then others ect. You can't lump everyone into one catagory or say this and that about a certain group of people

THE ISSUE IS DEAD

I'll the first one to say I disagree with what's gone on and that not all the AB/DL world is behind Stanley, but there is nothing anyone can do about anything that will go on forever into infinity. He is cleared by law. You want a democracy? Then get off your diapered asses and fight for it. No? Then sit down and let things like this go. Keyboard-idealism doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Most importantly, to the OP, learn to read and use the search function of every single basic website forum.

Let me reiderate. I was not saying that if you have a mental illness that you won't be successful at work or that you're lazy. I was speaking more a long the lines of my own life experience that of my self and friends I know. I'm saying that employers won't give a dam about your disability if it interferes with your work. Look I'm legally blind it causes me to be a little sower then most and for most of my life I've had my hours cut at every job I've ever had. I have a friend with Asbergers and he has also found employment difficult. Neither of us are lazy or stupid but we do have fundamental disabilities that make it hard to work in such cases our employers have reduced our hours considerably because our disabilities which we cannot help with have gotten in the way. I appologise if you read that in the wrong lite. I was not saying that if you have a mental or physical disability you would be automatically a unemployable or lazy just that in certain fields of employment certain people with certain disabilities might not succeed due to ass hole employers who don't give a rats ass about their disability.

I do hope you have contacted ADA advocates... they are free and will help you deal with these employers.. if on your first day of work you made your employers aware of your limitations due to vision, then it IS discrimination for them to cut your hours etc... unless your disability directly interferes with your ability to perform your work related activities as outlined in your job description, or the accomodations you would need were more than 'reasonable' and would cost an excessive amount of money (ex. braile printers or software which reads everything off the computer to you could be considered beyond reasonable accomodation).

• 2 weeks later...

I already got my SSI folks, it just took forever, the bureaucracy is stacked against everyone trying to get disability. Yes we need checks and balances, but a diagnosis like mine since birth should be sufficient

My son has spina bifida (since birth too) and it took 3 years after we first applied for him mostly it took the Zebley Us Supreme Court case to get him his SSI checks (he had a lot of trouble and it took a little over 250,000 and some great doctors to get him to his third month). He got his first job 2 years ago at 24 yr of age and is finally off Payments and working full time. He now lives on his own and while he still has medicare to back up his personal insurance (if needed) he is self sufficient and dang proud of it.