LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Huggies Little Movers Diapers

It appears that Huggies is coming out with new Little Movers diapers available in sizes 3 to 5. They are essentially just Pull-Ups diapers (with perhaps greater absorbency) with the Huggies name. Personally, I hope these don't sell as I'd hate to lose tape-on diapers. More info. here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huggies-brand-announces-a-whole-new-way-to-change-diapers-125480133.html

• 2 weeks later...

These sound like the Huggies "Little Walkers" from Australia that are essentially Pull-Ups with the absorbancy of Huggies diapers. I'm actually surprised that these haven't been released here sooner, but that's just me. I'd love to know where the "promote to article" button went though, because this is definitely something newsworthy for DD.

Also, I doubt traditional diapers are going to go away--this type of diaper has existed in other parts of the world for quite some time. I'm curious to see how these do, and as soon as they're available in my area, I'm definitely going to grab them. I only wish that I still had access to the PRNewswire--I'd love to download the high resolution version of the logo.

These sound like the Huggies "Little Walkers" from Australia that are essentially Pull-Ups with the absorbancy of Huggies diapers. I'm actually surprised that these haven't been released here sooner, but that's just me. I'd love to know where the "promote to article" button went though, because this is definitely something newsworthy for DD.

Also, I doubt traditional diapers are going to go away--this type of diaper has existed in other parts of the world for quite some time. I'm curious to see how these do, and as soon as they're available in my area, I'm definitely going to grab them. I only wish that I still had access to the PRNewswire--I'd love to download the high resolution version of the logo.

Huggies actually tried this years ago in the U.S. with the Huggies Convertibles, that you could pull on like pants, or put on like a diaper. I don't think they ever caught on, because I don't think they lasted on the shelves more than a year or two.

What's interesting about these is that they only come in size 3-5. If they're marketed for kids that are active and don't want to lie down to be changed (they're not marketed as pullups, but as slip on diapers after all) wouldn't you think there are lots of kids in size 6 who would benefits as well? I know most 2.5 -3+ year olds definitely do not want to have their diapers changed, but not all kids those ages are going to fit in a size 3 through 5.

• Like 1

Huggies actually tried this years ago in the U.S. with the Huggies Convertibles, that you could pull on like pants, or put on like a diaper. I don't think they ever caught on, because I don't think they lasted on the shelves more than a year or two.

I vaguely seem to remember Huggies Convertibles, and you're right, they did very poorly. I want to say that the US Huggies Convertibles were different from the Australian ones though. I seem to recall a common complaint being that the US Huggies Convertibles were essentially "Huggies diapers with fasteners pre-attached," which subsequently caused them to take up more packaging space, and to frequently require adjustment of the fasteners. In essence, the US Huggies Convertibles were pre-fastened diapers, while the Australian Huggies Convertibles were more comparable to Pull-Ups with "Easy-Open sides" on them. I could be wrong though, but I do seem to remember there being a difference in the US/Australian Convertibles. (Australian Huggies are also gender specific, which is something else that I'd like to see done with diapers in the states again.)

What's interesting about these is that they only come in size 3-5. If they're marketed for kids that are active and don't want to lie down to be changed (they're not marketed as pullups, but as slip on diapers after all) wouldn't you think there are lots of kids in size 6 who would benefits as well? I know most 2.5 -3+ year olds definitely do not want to have their diapers changed, but not all kids those ages are going to fit in a size 3 through 5.
I actually don't find this too odd. KCWW didn't introduce a "size 6" when they introduced the "Pure & Natural" line, and the "Limited Edition Jeans" also lack a "size 6" release. My guess is that KCWW will eventually phase in a "size 6" for the Pure & Natural line as manufacturing costs drop. Likewise, pull-on/slip-on style diapers are more costly to manufacture then traditional baby diapers, so that could also be the reason that KCWW is only releasing the Little Movers Slip-On diapers in sizes 3-5, at least for the time being. I do agree that these seem like they should be available in size 6 from the time that they launch though, but KCWW is probably trying to make sure that they succeed before adding another size to the product line.

As a side note, this should go without saying, but just because the Huggies Convertibles did poorly doesn't mean that the Slip-Ons will as well. In the 1990s, P&G released Pampers training pants to compete with Huggies Pull-Ups that tanked very quickly. Last decade they released Pampers Easy Ups, and those have been far more successful. Likewise, in 2001 P&G released Luvs SleepDrys to compete with GoodNites and they lasted for one year before being dropped from P&G's product lines. In 2007, P&G released UnderJams, and those also seemed to fare better then their predecessor sold under the Luvs brand. It's quite possible that the same scenario could occur with Huggies Little Movers Slip-Ons. :)