LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Happy Canada Day

I've been busy since 30 June, but I wish you a late Happy Canada Day/Bonne fête du Canada. I hope you all enjoyed your parades, barbeques and, well, being Canadian. Even the British Royals couldn't stay away... must have been a hell of a bash this year! I can remember back when it was Dominion Day and the flag was much more boring less cool in 1982 . As a kid growing up I thought Canada was the coolest country in the world, until at the age of 14 it was brought to my attention that the flag has a MAPLE leaf... oh, well! I still think the beaver is an awesome animal (pun intended? you decide!) and the beer is good. Congratulations and thanks for all you've done.

I've been busy since 30 June, but I wish you a late Happy Canada Day/Bonne fête du Canada. I hope you all enjoyed your parades, barbeques and, well, being Canadian. Even the British Royals couldn't stay away... must have been a hell of a bash this year! I can remember back when it was Dominion Day and the flag was much more boring less cool in 1982 . As a kid growing up I thought Canada was the coolest country in the world, until at the age of 14 it was brought to my attention that the flag has a MAPLE leaf... oh, well! I still think the beaver is an awesome animal (pun intended? you decide!) and the beer is good. Congratulations and thanks for all you've done.

Being half Canadian, I thank you and also thank you on behalf of the other Canadians here.

Since it is now late on the fourth, hope everyone had a great Canada Day & Fourth of July!

BTW, I don't quite understand your comment;

....I thought Canada was the coolest country in the world, until at the age of 14 it was brought to my attention that the flag has a MAPLE leaf...

Could you expand on what you mean? Is the maple leaf a downer or what? It appears you may be too young to remember when the Canadian flag contained part of the British Union Jack.

Could you expand on what you mean? Is the maple leaf a downer or what? It appears you may be too young to remember when the Canadian flag contained part of the British Union Jack.

Until I went on a cruise and made an arse of myself to a Canadian chap, I thought that was actually a Mary Jane leaf. I'd heard about the stories from Vancouver and all and thought Canada was like a larger "Amsterdam" and proud to show it to the world! That would be seriously "ballsy" and thought it would be so awesome for a country to display that. Ah, the active mind of a teenager. Anyway I was chatting with a Canadian chap who was at my table on a cruise about 15 years ago and found out that... well I made an arse of myself until he said, "You know, that's a MAPLE leaf on the flag?"

As a kid, I spent a lot of time in Florida in an area that might as well have been Little Toronto during the winter months. There were more Canadian license plates than Florida ones... the local stores even sold Canadian Brands of cigarettes. The housing development where my gran lived had a Canadian flag out front (the Red Ensign), so I remember the old flag as a kid. I'm sure it was put up by an older chap that lived there. I'd go on walks with my gran and the flagpoles would be one of our waypoints as I would run as little children do, and she would walk slowly to catch up. It mysteriously changed one day in 1982.

So, Canada in a strange way is a little special to me since I have both a fond childhood memory and remember making an arse out of myself... not many people in my life, let a lone a whole country can lay claim to that! ;)